System Backtesting

I know some members like playing about with systems and some think they are a waste of time, this post is for the former. Just to make you aware that I have put a thread in the ATR Systems section offering to backtest systems for those unable to have access to software that can do this. May just a simple query like how many fav's win nursery races, or how many top weights win handicaps at Newbury etc... The thread is here for those that dont visit the system section; http://forum.punterslounge.com/f75/system-backtesting-119195/#post1979329

Re: System Backtesting Very kind of you, sir. Readers of this section of the forum who don't normally visit the system section should certainly consider spreading their wings and doing so as there is some good stuff in there - also some bad! Ralphie, a PL stalwart has had the same system going for about 5 years and it's shown a consistent yearly profit. Personally I've found systems as a great way to learn more about the sport, as you're focussed on one or two particular aspects. For the first two months of this flat season I was showing a system profit of 125pts to 1pt level staking after tweaking my efforts from a similar period last season :ok Will let you know if I think of anything, BH.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.