** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Fred , sort out the Tote Pools.

I like bets where it is easier to get up, one of them is the Toteswinger. For those of you who are not aware of this bet you have to pick 2 horses to come in the first 3 , in races of 6 or more runners.Theres not a lot of liquidity in the bet, but i do have a bet in it occasionally if i find it hard to pick out a horse which stands out. In the 650 Epsom tonight a 6 runner race the 2 outsiders came first and second @ 14/1 and 40/1. The CSF paid £291 and Exacta £295. The swinger £4.50 !!!!! I didn't bet on it but i'd be irate if i got it up to a few quid.Infact lucky i didn't get it up 'cos it would have paid even less. Whilst on the topic of poor Tote pools i rember getting a placepot to £10 and the dividend was £1.50 ,(all the favs were placed , but still). Also i had a £400 Tote place only bet on a horse called Helissio ( Arc winner year before)in the King George QE2 Diamond Stakes of 1997 who started off at around evens.I bet it on Totedirect in my local bookies along with the 10% betting tax at the time.My heart was pounding until it past the post in 3rd , much to my relief at the time , until i saw the dividend of £1.00. I got a winning place bet up but made a £40 loss!!! WTF £440 bet comes up but the return is £400!!!! Come on Fred get your brains behind the pools and get them sorted. Anybody else got any awful Tote stories?

Re: Fred , sort out the Tote Pools. That's just how it works though, can be totally 'irrational' in comparison to SP. While your stories are negative to the extreme I'll bet other tote punters have the exact opposite to tell. First time at the dogs in Lifford, wifey backs a 3/1 shot on the tote, pays 22/1 :eek Nothing more annoying than picking placed outsiders in placepots and the fsv sneaking into 3rd though.

Re: Fred , sort out the Tote Pools.

I like bets where it is easier to get up, one of them is the Toteswinger. For those of you who are not aware of this bet you have to pick 2 horses to come in the first 3 , in races of 6 or more runners.Theres not a lot of liquidity in the bet, but i do have a bet in it occasionally if i find it hard to pick out a horse which stands out. In the 650 Epsom tonight a 6 runner race the 2 outsiders came first and second @ 14/1 and 40/1. The CSF paid £291 and Exacta £295. The swinger £4.50 !!!!! I didn't bet on it but i'd be irate if i got it up to a few quid.Infact lucky i didn't get it up 'cos it would have paid even less. Come on Fred get your brains behind the pools and get them sorted. Anybody else got any awful Tote stories?
In the old days, you could normally work out how much a forecast would pay by the simple equation of adding a point to the winner's SP and multiply by the second, but with the formula used now it could pay anything, but I agree with you the dividends are unpredictable and need looking at fast

In the old days' date=' you could normally work out how much a forecast would pay by the simple equation of adding a point to the winner's SP and multiply by the second, but with the formula used now it could pay anything, but I agree with you the dividends are unpredictable and need looking at fast[/quote'] Take the stake off winners SP and multiply by 2nd was always what I used, roughly accurate too. 4/1 + 3/1 = £16. (4 on a 3/1) Last 2 results tonight: 9.10pm Newbury, 9/2, 10/1 - 4.5 on 10/1 = £49.50, SFC: £49.24 9.00pm Epsom, 6/1, 7/2 - 6 on 7/2 = £27, SFC: £28.08

There is no way of sorting out the Tote pools' date=' it is all down to the total amount of money that has been bet on the each of the runners shared out to the winners, minus the commission.[/quote'] I'm well aware of how the pools work.What i want is for the Tote bets to be properly marketed in order to generate a viable betting alternative to fixed odds and the exchanges.If you look at some of the midweek trifecta pools often you will see less than £500 in the total pool .If the tricast happens to pay £3k the trifecta can only pay whats in the pool which may be less than £500 less deductions and even less if won to more than £1.00 unit stake. Even in the win and place markets a paltry bet of £10 can significantly alter the dividends.I have often put bets of £20/£10 EW on outsiders at the racecourse because the current dividend onscreen was a lot better than on the rails. Within seconds of placing the bet the current dividend can drastically change.In other countries the Tote markets are very strong and it can withstand big bets without distorting the betting market. Another gripe i have is the minimum unit stake in the exotic bets like the Scoop 6 and Super7.Reduce them to something like 50p and i'm sure the pools will swell to more than what they currently reach.The Super7 rollsover each day with approx £100 bet into it each day by unsuspecting casual puners.The Jackpot should be 10p unit stakes as oposed to 50p.Many times i've wanted a crack when its rolled over to £1million + but a realistic perm @50p units will cost £100s.15/20 years ago i used to get them up to 10p stakes but today its only viable to syndicates not the everyday punter. Come on Fred sort it out.

Take the stake off winners SP and multiply by 2nd was always what I used, roughly accurate too. 4/1 + 3/1 = £16. (4 on a 3/1) Last 2 results tonight: 9.10pm Newbury, 9/2, 10/1 - 4.5 on 10/1 = £49.50, SFC: £49.24 9.00pm Epsom, 6/1, 7/2 - 6 on 7/2 = £27, SFC: £28.08
its even worse trying to work out the dog forecasts!