** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ladbroke Handicap Hurdle Preview

The 1st big handicap of 2005 takes place at Sandwon with the Ladbroke handicap Hurdle(traditionally run pre christmas at ascot) moved to Sandown.It looks a high quality field this year as it usually is and I will preview what i see as the main contendors Monte Cinto- This horse has been most progressive this year and seeks a 4 timer on saturday having won the valuable William Hill hurdle lto. He is now 11lbs higher however and should struggle to win off this mark of 127.A best price of 11/2 with coral and as short as 7/2 the odds are extremely cramped despite the form of the Nicholls camp Thesis- Winner of this race last year(i was on at 50/1) this one ran a most pleasing comeback last time after a year off through injury.10lbs higher than last year but still not fully exposed one would expect this one to be in the shake up without being good enough to win Escompteur-A horse from the formidable pipe/Johnson combination who have been winning all the big saturday races this year.This horse won its first two races in impressive style and would have won its 3rd but for falling.the form of his wins are particularly good with winners coming out of all the races.He could be a top novice and potentially looks thrown in off a mark of 129. 8/1 is available from VC Bet and I would advise taking some of this as I can see it going off at around 5/1 and it has a serious chance of winning Rob Leach- This horse has been the subject of a gamble from 25s into around 12/1. On form however it would have plenty to do having won a selling hurdle last time out after 2 years off the track.To any exchange players i recommend a place lay on this at 3.5 or below come saturday. Others- Dalaram remains in good form and still looks on a feasible mark and I could see him running a big race . Idole First is most progressive and looks to have a fair chance.However a mark of 128 in this race looks beyond him.Winsley was just behind Monte Cinto in the William Hill hcap hurdle, however the balance of his form leaves him with a mountain to climb. Tip- Escompteur to win at 8/1 (VC BET,Bet Direct and Sporting Odds)

Re: Ladbroke Handicap Hurdle Preview had a shout from Hobbs stable about Zebenz which has been well publicised earlier this week. Still around 10's so may be worth a shout ew. If copeland runs, he would interest me especially on a track he has won on. I noted 25's earlier in the week but havent yet checked the decs for tomorrow.

Re: Ladbroke Handicap Hurdle Preview padday power have copeland at 28's. is top weight off 11st 12lbs but has top man Jamie Moore on board. Pipe would have laid some of his horses out for this type of race & it always pays to follow him with one of his "others" rather than a shorter price horse. If the ground was poor, i would stay off it, but i think the reasonable good surface will suit copeland round a track he likes.

Re: Ladbroke Handicap Hurdle Preview paul nicholls has been quoted as saying monte cinto was off colour after sandown and has been speaking up emanic's chances - he has a featherweight but i cant see it although his handicap mark has rocketed, with what he is against - and with the best big race jockey on his back tomorrow I would have been on Monte cinto before reading Nicholls' remarks - so I'll wait to see what he looks like tomorrow Would love to see Copeland take a place tho

Re: Ladbroke Handicap Hurdle Preview Haha-didnt exactly cover myself in glory on that one-preidcted the down falls of Monte Cinto and Rob Leach but that is scant consolation.Was good money for the winner of that race-didnt see it myself-was beaten at odds of 1/12 last season!The one I'd take out the race would be Lunar Crystal who ran a stormer after almost 2 years off-running the agruably the best race of his career.He could well pop in in the near future providing he doesnt appear too soon and suffer from the dreaded bounce which possible affected Zabenz and Rob leach today