Flat racing 23rd June

Newcastle 2.10 PARC DE LAUNAY can break well and this is a track that favours front runners as they are normally difficult to pass. Only 7 runners in this 2yo race and the favourite is the only one who has led in ints previous race. Same tactics should be good enough 5.05 Newcatle BAY OF FIRES ridden by De Sousa again should be able to dictate against these hold up horses and the jockey is very good at riding these races. de Sousa has been on the horse both times it won previously. 0.5pts win double Prices TBA

Re: Flat racing 23rd June havent posted for while,going to chance 2 on the morrow.. 8.50 TIPPERARY ASIYA 20-1 1pt EW (BOYLESPORTS) 17 go to post for this tipperaryraces.ie Handicap 50-75 for horses 4 year old and over..And so again we have 4 places on offer(this will be 15 runners by off ha ha)..The selection from the cassidy stable has been over the Jumps of late but is more than capable on the flat.. It has not run for 116 days,but a quick check back on it's previous races shows it runs very well fresh..It record when running from a 90 day plus break is 21..The 2 was only a short head defeat after a 260 day break,the other after a 95 day break so it runs very well fresh.. Now it also runs well on ground with a bit of cut in it,which is certainly has tomorrow..Its record over 12 to14f on soft ground is very good..1321 to be sure..The favourite here is CONCRETE AND CLAY(9-2)..ASIYA beat CONCRETE AND CLAY by 9 lengths at the curragh on soft ground in october 2010 and is better off in the weights for tomorrows race.. The Jockey LF ROCHE carries a 5 pounds claim and is 1 from 1 on this horse,and it should go close Asiya - Tipperary 23 Jun 20:50 Outright Betting EW: 1/4 1,2,3,4 20/1 :? DANGER CONCRETE AND CLAY A favourites chance

Re: Flat racing 23rd June TIPPERARY 6.50 KENTON STREET 10-1 1pt ew KENTON STREET is no world beater but won't have to be to win this weak race..19 go to post for this Jogforjockeys.ie Handicap for 3 year olds and over and there are four places on offer which gives the selection a major chance to place at least and possibly win.. This ex-UK based horse acts on all types of ground including a beach at LAYTOWN,so it should be ok on this YIELDING to GOOD groound tomorrow evening..In it's last race it finished just 1 3/4 lengths off the winner LAKE GEORGE over 7f at Limerick earlier this month..That was it's first run for 149 days and would serve as a good pipe opener for tomorrow evening's race.. It is very well weighted running off a mark of just 60 turf mark and the distance is ideal..Beat one of the favourites here ONEOFTHREE by 4 lengths at DUNDALK last year and is a whopping 17 pounds better off in the weights.I always like to back consistant triers which this one looks to be,Seammie Heffernan takes the ride and that will do me.. Kenton Street - Tipperary 23 Jun 18:50: Outright Betting, EW 1/4 1,2,3,4 DANGER GAGANT 10-1...Has beaten the selection 2/2 ..

Re: Flat racing 23rd June 5.45 WARWICK BILLY CADIZ 25-1 1pt ew(ATR TISSUE) This is the worst race of all time,and the selection showed something in it's last race that tells me it could do something here..That was it's first run for it's new stable after an unglittering career so far of 5-9-10-12-17-14-4.. That 4 was a major improvement on anything it had showed to date despite been beaten by 13 lengths...However that was it's first race for it's new stable and also it's first race for 594 days..So it must have had a problem which i hope has been fixed now and should be fit for a bold run tomorrow.. That last race showed me this one is ready to strike,slowly into stride but showed some ability in running and caught the leaders but weakened,which i hope was due to long absense..I think this one will be a lot more than 25-1,possibly 50-1 tomorrow morning,it went off 100-1 for it's comeback run.. It is 1 stone 5 pounds better off than the favourite Integria,and if this one has sharpened up,experinced jockey now takes the ride,will be interesting to see the market early in the morning

Re: Flat racing 23rd June After the extreme far side bias at Newcastle about a month back im reluctant to place bets this early especially with rain forecast. I had two decent sized bets that meet both drawn high which in the end didnt have a hope. I have though had a small bet on Prince Of Dance 10/1 VC in the 3.20, i liked the way he travelled last time out, was keen and ended up going wide around the bend but still travelled best of all before weakening late on. His best form is in the mud and i can see it getting quite soft up there. Dangerously well handicapped and if settling better i can see him going close.

Re: Flat racing 23rd June 3.55 NEWCASTLE KING IN WAITING 12-1 1pt EW This may be a CLASS 4 Race in title but as most of the entrants are class 5-6 beasts that's exactly what it is...King In waiting is a 120 rated horse over the chasing code and unlike a few out these it is guartanteed to stay 16f on this sort of ground.. In fact it has won 3 times over 16f on the flat,including over C&D and placed many more times and has a fantastic chance here under this really talented jockey of at least placing here..It is in form over the Chasing code showing nice form in the last few races and should go very well here..

Re: Flat racing 23rd June If anyone saw my BBOTD for today Doc Hay running into wall after wall of trouble and having missed the break by 5 lengths still flew to finish only about two lengths away. With any sort of a run he would have hacked up and he is due to run tomorrow at Hamilton 8.30. If he runs he looks to have an even better chance down in grade, will probably be heavily backed so I'm taking an early price. 5 Pts Win

Re: Flat racing 23rd June 3.30 warw : the wee chief 12/1 william hill has been running consistently well of late without winning ,i tend to think he has been a bit unlucky in his races and has placed before off marks of 68 and 67 and now gets in here off 66 ....combined with that he recorded one of his best speed ratings of recent times (124) on that last run showing he is in good heart .....the 12/1 is outstanding value and should be around a 13/2 shot in context of this race ....dont expect that to last long ....most firms going 9/1 or less ....may make a good lay bet later depending on if any money comes for him 3pts e.w picabo is the danger

Re: Flat racing 23rd June 3.30 Warwick Flying Applause has a decent strike rate for a horse of his ability and is clearly in the form of his life at the moment. Has won his last 2 starts very very comfortably even though last time he blew the start he still bolted in with a length in hand. Up another 5lb for latest win but useful apprentice takes that off his back so he looks to be well weighted in this field and ground is no concern and well drawn in stall 4. The Wee Chief is coming a bit of rascal travelling very well into a race but finds very little when asked nonetheless he races up with the pace and because he travels so well he often finishes in the places at decent prices, he is well drawn to latch onto the pace and he is actually only 1lb above last winning mark. 2pt win Flying Applause 5/1 bet365 1pt e/w The Wee Chief 12/1 hills 4.30 Newcastle Front runners often do well at Newcastle even on fast ground but it becomes even more prominent on soft ground like today. Ay Tay Tay has become a front runner recently and that has seen a marked improvement with the cheek pieces and tongue tie left off. Has the stamina for further so this stiff track is not a concern and is effectively 6lb ahead of the handicapper in this handicap today and clearly found his feet of late and first win came on softish ground. 2pt win Ay Tay Tay 4/1 vc

Re: Flat racing 23rd June Leicester 8.40 Kayaan 0.75pt EW - 11/1 Lads Had this horse in my notebook as a potential winner over hurdles, but he reverted back to flat this summer. He is a very keen sort, so slow pace over timber was never going to suit. Chased home a progressive sort at Lingfield on pentultimate start and didn't stay 1m6f last time. He is always slow out the stalls and keen in behind, but if he gets good pace, I think he is on a good mark and can win this race. Adam Kirby gets the ride today and hopefully that would help too.

Re: Flat racing 23rd June

3.30 Warwick Flying Applause has a decent strike rate for a horse of his ability and is clearly in the form of his life at the moment. Has won his last 2 starts very very comfortably even though last time he blew the start he still bolted in with a length in hand. Up another 5lb for latest win but useful apprentice takes that off his back so he looks to be well weighted in this field and ground is no concern and well drawn in stall 4. The Wee Chief is coming a bit of rascal travelling very well into a race but finds very little when asked nonetheless he races up with the pace and because he travels so well he often finishes in the places at decent prices, he is well drawn to latch onto the pace and he is actually only 1lb above last winning mark. 2pt win Flying Applause 5/1 bet365 1pt e/w The Wee Chief 12/1 hills 4.
I like the look of the WEE CHIEF here also,but i thought P Dobbs was riding,maybe i was wrong when looking last night..gl chris

Re: Flat racing 23rd June Ezzles 2.55 Warwick. 0.5 points each way. Needs to show his aw form, but I think if the ground stays on the fast side of good, he can run his race. Also open to improve a little and the trip's fine. Race has enough pace about it, so at double figure odds would appear good value. 12/1 Sporting Bet.

Re: Flat racing 23rd June Newcastle 3.55 Maid Of Meft 1pt EW - 8/1 Lads Backed her on pentultimate start when she won comfortably. Was sure shorter trip won't suit lto and back to 2m, she should continue to improve and be competitive off her current mark. Market leaders escape penalty for 1,2 in amateur riders contst lto, but I doubt they are much better than their current marks, while my selection is totally unexposed over 2m.

Re: Flat racing 23rd June ARABIAN SPIRIT 3.20 Newcastle. 0.5 points each way. Stable second string, apparently, but has a solid chance on my workings. Handles cut in the ground and the race should be run to suit. Handicapper puts him in off a mark of 88 again, which fits him in well in context, so should run a big race. 10/1 BetFred BOG

Re: Flat racing 23rd June 3.20 Newcastle: Charlie Cool 1pt win @ 15/2 VC Bet BOG Namesake (;)) owes me a bit of money this year but think today could be the day. Drops back to a mile after a fair effort LTO when beaten favourite so should be staying on well at the end. Hopefully there are a couple to set a decent clip which would set the race up nicely for him. Is 1lb lower than LTO run and way below highest winning mark, can go well on the ground and has the very capable James Sullivan on board claiming an additional 3lbs. Stable still going well and a big run could be on the cards from what looks a decent current price IMO.

I like the look of the WEE CHIEF here also' date='but i thought P Dobbs was riding,maybe i was wrong when looking last night..gl chris[/quote'] Yeah he has ability and looks well handicapped but finds so little of the bridle he is certainly never going to be a win only bet

3.30 warw : the wee chief 12/1 william hill has been running consistently well of late without winning ,i tend to think he has been a bit unlucky in his races and has placed before off marks of 68 and 67 and now gets in here off 66 ....combined with that he recorded one of his best speed ratings of recent times (124) on that last run showing he is in good heart .....the 12/1 is outstanding value and should be around a 13/2 shot in context of this race ....dont expect that to last long ....most firms going 9/1 or less ....may make a good lay bet later depending on if any money comes for him 3pts e.w picabo is the danger
the wee chief is currently 13/2 with william hill!! my eyes nearly fell out :loon

havent posted for while,going to chance 2 on the morrow.. 8.50 TIPPERARYASIYA 20-1 1pt EW (BOYLESPORTS) 17 go to post for this tipperaryraces.ie Handicap 50-75 for horses 4 year old and over..And so again we have 4 places on offer(this will be 15 runners by off ha ha)..The selection from the cassidy stable has been over the Jumps of late but is more than capable on the flat.. It has not run for 116 days,but a quick check back on it's previous races shows it runs very well fresh..It record when running from a 90 day plus break is 21..The 2 was only a short head defeat after a 260 day break,the other after a 95 day break so it runs very well fresh.. Now it also runs well on ground with a bit of cut in it,which is certainly has tomorrow..Its record over 12 to14f on soft ground is very good..1321 to be sure..The favourite here is CONCRETE AND CLAY(9-2)..ASIYA beat CONCRETE AND CLAY by 9 lengths at the curragh on soft ground in october 2010 and is better off in the weights for tomorrows race.. The Jockey LF ROCHE carries a 5 pounds claim and is 1 from 1 on this horse,and it should go close Asiya - Tipperary 23 Jun 20:50 Outright Betting EW: 1/4 1,2,3,4 20/1 :? DANGER CONCRETE AND CLAY A favourites chance
:clap Excellent tipping, nice one.