** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Cricket: West Indies vs India - Test Series

kevshat

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs India - Test Series

As for the series as a whole' date=' I think the West Indies have some light at the end of the tunnel, but the board has got to go. Get Gayle and Bravo back in the side and they'll have a half decent team. I worry for their batting though.[/quote'] I agree. Gibson needs to do one as well. If they can stick Gayle and Bravo in then a top 7 of Gayle, Barath, Simmons, Darren Bravo, Shiv, Dwayne Bravo and Baugh is not bad then there's the likes of Sarwan, Samuels, Edwards, Nash and even Devon Smith if they are desperate backing them up. Not overly convinced Sammy is the right choice for captain either. If they could find a way for Daren Ganga to get back in it could prove dividends as he's the best captain in the Caribbean by a distance. All in all though there's definitely something there and in the next 2-3 years a half decent side might come out of it all :hope.

I agree. Gibson needs to do one as well. If they can stick Gayle and Bravo in then a top 7 of Gayle, Barath, Simmons, Darren Bravo, Shiv, Dwayne Bravo and Baugh is not bad then there's the likes of Sarwan, Samuels, Edwards, Nash and even Devon Smith if they are desperate backing them up. Not overly convinced Sammy is the right choice for captain either. If they could find a way for Daren Ganga to get back in it could prove dividends as he's the best captain in the Caribbean by a distance. All in all though there's definitely something there and in the next 2-3 years a half decent side might come out of it all :hope.
West Indies really need to get Andre Russell into their test team, he has so much more value than a Darren Sammy. Disappointing end to the test series with Harbhajan covering the player performance line to leave me +4.96 for the series. Good shout with Baugh Kev, he covered it comfortably and well done draw backers towards the end :ok Bring on England, I cannot wait! EDIT: Just spotted ani's Chanderpaul bet too, great call :clap

I agree. Gibson needs to do one as well. If they can stick Gayle and Bravo in then a top 7 of Gayle, Barath, Simmons, Darren Bravo, Shiv, Dwayne Bravo and Baugh is not bad then there's the likes of Sarwan, Samuels, Edwards, Nash and even Devon Smith if they are desperate backing them up. Not overly convinced Sammy is the right choice for captain either. If they could find a way for Daren Ganga to get back in it could prove dividends as he's the best captain in the Caribbean by a distance. All in all though there's definitely something there and in the next 2-3 years a half decent side might come out of it all :hope.
Yeah, Ganga is an excellent captain, trouble is he's only really good enough to average 20 in Tests. Sammy isn't a bad captain in ODI's, but isn't worth his place in the side..... whereas in Tests he's a decent first change bowler and #8. I've no idea why a Michael Holding or Jimmy Adams couldn't take over the running of the WICB and sort the mess out. Then again, we can't say much with Giles Clarke in charge, can't stand him at all :lol