** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Golf: US Open (June 16-19)

Re: Golf: US Open (June 16-19) Okay my 2 pennies worth is I think Rory will do enough to win this major but saying that I have layed him as I think 1.44 is way too low odds I reckon he will win by a couple of shots and think his odds will drift and then I will back him to lock off a profit. - good luck all though. Ben

Re: Golf: US Open (June 16-19) I think this is over but Skybet have offered a bit of value in one of their specials. 3pts McIlroy to have a 3 putt 7/4 Skybet I can't remember McIlroy having a 3 putt this week but it's irrelevant to my thoughts on him tonight anyway. The pins tonight are going to be in awkward places and the greens will begin to dry out and run a lot quicker. A lot of the pins will be tucked away behind ridges and slopes and things. I expect McIlroy to shoot towards the middle of the greens on most holes and take pars with the birdies on the par 5's but some of the greens are quite big and slope a lot so he could easily find the wrong side of one of those slopes and voila. He's a very good putter but on these greens a 3 putt is always possible with no pressure on him but with a first major on the line I would expect at least one small error on the greens if not enough for the rest to get involved in the tournament.

Re: Golf: US Open (June 16-19)

Just one for me and will play the safe one. Well, at least I look at it that way. So... Lee Westwood to make Top 5 finish. 3.75 @ Skybet
Winner! :ok Well, that was really nerve wrecking stuff until the very last hole.

Its the usual two suspects for me RORY McILROY i have backed him e/w at 25's 22's & 20's in this. As i said before i''m convinced he will win at least one major this year. Although he has added pressure to himself by blowing a big lead in the masters he had a nice place two weeks ago in prep for this and will be thereabouts in this imo. RETIEF GOOSEN i've backed e/w at 66's more likely a place than win but is capable of winning another major imo. Finished joint 3rd at the weekend should have really finished third on his own but for a bit of a lack luster last round imo. Always capable of a very low round when he's on it. GOOD LUCK ALL.
:notworthy Simply awesome he will not lose it from here. I'll walk the street's of Belfast naked if he does thats how confident i am. GO ON MY SON :nana
Well Done Ted. No worries about that naked walkabout. Great to see Rory learned from his Master's experience and played the last round with his head. And 2 back to back NI winners - what's that all about, have you nothing better to do than play golf! :D

Re: Golf: US Open (June 16-19) Great work with Rmac this week Ted :clap:clap:clap.

Came late but well done.
Ta. Would've been annoying if it hadn't come in after he made a 12ft 2nd putt on 2 and a 15ft 2nd putt on 5 but it came through eventually :notworthy.

The 13 players who fit the above criteria (and I will be making my final few picks from) are below: Bill Haas @ 100s - 23rd Brandt Snedeker @ 66s - 11th Geoff Ogilvy @ 80s - MC G-Mac @ 50s - 14th Ian Poulter @ 66s - MC Lee Westwood @ 14s - 3rd Luke Donald @ 14s - 45th Martin Kaymer @ 33s - 39th Martin Laird @ 125s - MC Matt Kuchar @ 25s - 14th Retief Goosen @ 60s - 23rd Rory McIlroy @ 22s - 1st Zach Johnson @ 100s - 30th
:clap Well done to both Ted and Kev on their success; sadly I couldnt replicate it with my picks! I've put the results of all those who fitted the hornet criteria above. While it was more a list of likelys rather than official hornet criteria bets, at least it bodes well for next year again!! 1pt E/W bets on all 13 players would have left the criteria with a profit of 8pts 2pt outright bets on all 13 players would have left the criteria with a profit of 20pts :ok

Re: Golf: US Open (June 16-19) :cheers Guy's & Cheers Rory :cow What a display that was although not that surprised he has threatened a few times to tear the field up all came good this week. You wont get a decent price on him from now on after that:cry but on the bright side i'm on nicely e/w at 16's & 14's for the British open and a small bet at 25's for the USPGA :nana:nana now 6's for both. Think he will kick on now he has won his first major he will be hard to beat in the next two and on. Take a bow son :notworthy:notworthy

:D
Not forgetting Mal, NI other two winners this year Michael Hoey in Maderia and Darren Clarke in Spain:ok