Tennis betting

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis betting BLAKE v Hrbaty @ 2.52 Betfair 2pts Big, big price here for Blake. After seeing his first match I will stick my neck out and say that Blake is back! The energy and enthusiasm (sp??) from a couple of years ago was all too clear. He does appear to thrive on the Hopman Cup atmosphere and structure as well as the playing conditions. However, Hrbaty also looks pretty sharp up against Philippoussis and was hitting the ball pretty well. I feel a decisive factor in this match will be that Blake is more aggressive off the ground, his attacking groundstrokes will rush Hrbaty and I can see Blake as a slight favourite here. That's not much of an analysis but that's all I have to say:o. Liquidity is crappy at Betfair but the 2.38 at StanJames is still a good price to get on at :ok.

Re: Tennis betting They covered the Hopman Cup as well, but only the first day and then it was a little bit scatchy with bad timing etc. Generally they are good for singles as I haven't been able to find a way to place TENNIS multiples with them. Generally they are a pretty sharp book with much swifter reactions to market than any Euro book (Vegas lines fo the trick).

Re: Tennis betting

BLAKE v Hrbaty @ 2.52 Betfair 2pts Big, big price here for Blake. After seeing his first match I will stick my neck out and say that Blake is back! The energy and enthusiasm (sp??) from a couple of years ago was all too clear. He does appear to thrive on the Hopman Cup atmosphere and structure as well as the playing conditions. However, Hrbaty also looks pretty sharp up against Philippoussis and was hitting the ball pretty well. I feel a decisive factor in this match will be that Blake is more aggressive off the ground, his attacking groundstrokes will rush Hrbaty and I can see Blake as a slight favourite here. That's not much of an analysis but that's all I have to say:o. Liquidity is crappy at Betfair but the 2.38 at StanJames is still a good price to get on at :ok.
Mr I, I'd urge you to be very careful with Blake here - Hrbaty's no mug and I feel the prices are just about right. If both are on form, there's little doubt Hrbaty's the better player and I certainly can't see past a Hrbaty win here. Tulenos : Mathieu is available at 1.66 at Ladbrokes. ;) Didn't realise the Hrbaty match has started - Hrbaty won the first set 7-6, trailing 4-3 in the second at the moment...

Re: Tennis betting Right a few more winners came through so il post up the bankroll. R Nadal to beat R Verdasco @1.57 2pts:nana N Kiefer V C Saulnier @1.53 3pts:nana Treble which I thought I posted up but mustnt have done is Grosjean, hewitt and schripan to all win. Hewitt and grosjean have both won so its looking good! Points Staked = 26.75 Points Returned = 30.30 Yield = 113.31 Results to come = 1 Peace - il update after schripan wins (hopefully) with the new stats. Sco

Re: Tennis betting Sorry yes that is right. I just took the figure straight out my spreadsheet:) Il post back up when it comes through. Dont suppose you know when Schripan plays his game (Sorry for poor spelling!) Sco

Re: Tennis betting Have to say I am pretty unhappy with the way the season has started. Here are my stats: Total staked = 28pts Total returned = 27.44pts Profit = -0.56pts Yield = -2% Won/Lost = 4/5 However, I know where the problem is. Just looking at my odds on selections: Total staked = 20pts Total returned = 27.44pts Profit = 7.44pts Yield = 37.2% Won/Lost = 4/1 Then look at the even money and above: Total staked = 8pts Total returned = 0pts Profit = -8pts Yield = -100% Won/Lost = 0/4 I haven't managed to pick an outsider winner yet, which is ver poor:o. But at least the favourites are romping home:ok.

Re: Tennis betting I think that's a tough match to call. The long match Santoro had shouldn't really affect his play - he is Mr Stamina and one of the fittest guys on tour even tho he is ancient. I would lean towards Santoro as I feel he has more of a game for the hardcourt. Costa's defensive style will allow Santoro to use his angles and get forward into the net. His net play could be the difference in this match. I would back Santoro if I could get him over evens, but haven't found it yet.

Re: Tennis betting Id agree with you on that, it will be a close one. Most of the results seem to be going with the odds at the moment, only a couple of serious upsets. Do any of you guys bet on overall winners of tournament? Ie if federer doesnt win, all the others odds were round about 7.00 or higher meaning you could bet on the 3 others favourites and make a profit if any of the three come in? Although it is some task to beat federer! Sco

Re: Tennis betting I just think Santoro would be too strong for Costa - he's beaten T Johansson and Monfils thus far and is clearly in great form. As I don't see Costa being much younger, I don't see him having an edge over Santoro in that sense and I'd agree fitness-wise, Santoro will win this hands down. That could really make the difference here IMO. Personally, I'd add him to a double with Kiefer to take out Rochus. ;) Sco, I honestly think you're better off requesting for odds on Federer picking up an injury or getting assasinated than to take someone else to win the Doha Open outright. :tongue2 In all honesty, there just isn't much, if any, value in it at all - Federer will walk this tourney!

Re: Tennis betting lol. I know he probably will, and probably should, but as you say you never know.... Not gonna go near for the odds though as would have to risk my house to make any sort of money on federer, bet 2 years ago odds for him to win were much better, when he was up and coming. Maybe a bit like monfils at the moment. Sco

Re: Tennis betting KIEFER 2-0 v Rochus @ 2.00 Skybet 2pts This is my first set betting play of the year. Very simple analysis for what I feel will be a very simple victory. Rochus has done well so far to beat Dupuis and an out of sorts Stepanek. This will be very different against Kiefer. The will be a battle wholly from the back of the court and Kiefer is simply too strong. He hit's the ball with so much more weight than Rochus, and I cannot see the Belgian causing any problems.

Re: Tennis betting

KIEFER 2-0 v Rochus @ 2.00 Skybet 2pts This is my first set betting play of the year. Very simple analysis for what I feel will be a very simple victory. Rochus has done well so far to beat Dupuis and an out of sorts Stepanek. This will be very different against Kiefer. The will be a battle wholly from the back of the court and Kiefer is simply too strong. He hit's the ball with so much more weight than Rochus, and I cannot see the Belgian causing any problems.
You must be gutted - Kiefer went down 6-7, 7-6, 7-5. :( Anyway, I thought a treble on Hewitt-Federer-Lubicic (1.81 @ William Hill) may be worth a look today. :tongue2 Hewitt should just have too much for Ljubicic as he seems to have recovered from early season jitters (when he dropped a set to Clement in the first round) with a composed and assured display against Calleri. Dent just really isn't in Hewitt's league, not to mention Hewitt will have the home support going for him as well. Ljubicic is just too good for Costa IMO, even if Costa should be fresher for this one given Santoro's retirement. Class will tell for this one, really. Similarly for Federer, the gulf in class is just too big to be bridged - self-explanatory, really. 10 pts Hewitt-Federer-Ljubicic treble Also like the look of a double comprising of Hewitt to win 2-0 and Tabara to beat Garcia Lopez. Considering how inconsistent Dent is(not to mention he just dropped a set to Benneteau yesterday), Hewitt should in all likelihood win this in straight sets. Also, I like the look of Tabara to beat Garcia Lopez. While these two are not exactly world beaters, Tabara just looks the better player on hardcourt and is in better form at the moment. 8 pts Hewitt(2-0)-Tabara double (2.14 @ William Hill)

Re: Tennis betting Wow im glad I didnt have time to make any bets on this round, as i would have certainly lost with kiefer, and i usually make it a double with federer or hewitt...a supposed dead cert. Anyway schripan came through no problem Points Staked = 26.75 Points returned = 35.26 Yield = 31.8 Not going to bother with any more selections until the start of the next tourneys, unless i see any real value. My theory is that generally the upsets happen further into the tourny when everyone is warmed in, or when you have qualifyers who are playing people who have been out for a while etc... Sco

Re: Tennis betting Hewitt was a massive let-down, no doubt! As with him, you never quite know what to expect... :o Then again, on to the semis of the Adelaide tourney. 7 points Chela to beat Dent @ 2.10 Chela is rather unchracateristic of an Argentinian in that he looks far more adept on hardcourts than any of his compatriots, Coria notwithstanding. In fact, I'd rate this as no more than a 50-50 encounter as Dent isn't too consistent himself and his beating Hewittcould prove to be nothing more than a false dawn. The 2 played out a close encounter at last year's Aussie Open before Dent prevailed 3-2 (he won 7-6, 7-5 in the final 2 sets). I also like the look of backing Chela to go all the way in this tournament as there really isn't anyone consistent enough to suggest he doesn't stand a realistic chance. 2 pts Chela to win tournament at 5.00 (Ladbrokes). As with the other match between Rochus and Johansson, I'm tempted to lay Johansson for 2-0 as Rochus is clearly a player in form who is well capable of pulling off giantkilling feats on his day (his form this week, coupled with his defeat of Moya in last year's US Open should testify to that). 4 pts LAYING Johansson 2-0. :hope