Tennis betting

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis betting Right, that's it. Now that Monfils' done(6-4, 7-6), on to the next bet... 10 points Kiefer to beat Saulnier (1.57 Ladbrokes). Surely, this is a mismatch? These two are poles apart IMO and Kiefer has certainly got to be a barrier to far even for the rejuvenated and evergreen Saulnier. Kiefer has been pretty decent on hardcourt while Saulnier, I feel, is someone who relies too much on his serve. A match between 2 servers, but I feel Kiefer's class(not to mention his youth should this match turn into one of endurance :rollin) should tell here IMO. For the record, Kiefer has just beaten Saulnier 3-0 inlast year's US Open.

Re: Tennis betting edtkh I quite agree with you on the Kiefer call, in fact I am going to bet on that. N Kiefer to beat C Saulnier @1.53 3pts As for euro sport I just watch Gaudia blown off the court by a very enthusiastic french 18yr old. Il be keeping an eye out for odds for his next game. I know that www.livescore.com are good for live scores, but I can never seem to understand what time these games are due to start, whether its GMT time or something else? Anyway fingers crossed for the kiefer bet and any others you guys have going!:hope Sco

Re: Tennis betting In fact does anyone know what time the Youzhny game is starting (UK time?) and where i can find out a game by game, or set by set scoreline? Mr I i will be staying around, as tennis ism where i hope to make my money (as football im too swayed by who i support, dislike etc) Sco

Re: Tennis betting Patience plays later today so I'm looking to some other matches: MATHIEU to bt Carlsen @ 1.66 WillHill 4pts Bad memories here. Last year these two met up in Chennai. Mathieu had to retire because of injury after a set, not sure what the injury was, but it must have been pretty bad. Mathieu didn't play again until the middle of July. After that major setback, he actually had a pretty decent end to the year; won a Challenger in Segovia (hard courts in Spain), had a semi final and two quarter final appearances at ATP level and beat Moya in 5 sets in Spain in the Davis Cup. We all know about the talent this lad has, and hopefully this year he will begin to be able to get some good results and better his career high ranking of 36. On the other hand, Carlsen is well past his best. He has been on the circuit since 1992 and achieved his best ranking of 41 in July of 1993 - almost 12 years ago. Last year was another mediocre one, with him finishing the year in 81st place. Carlsen likes the conditions to be faster than they are in Chennai, and I just see this match being controlled and dominated by Mathieu from the back on the court. In the first round, Mathieu did the same thing against Tipsarevic, who is a decent player with a lot of potential, which makes me feel that Mathieu is mentally and physically ready for the start of this season.

Re: Tennis betting 9 pts Monfils to beat Santoro (2.30 Betfair) Surely, this is a joke? Having won 3 of the 4 junior Grand Slams last year, Monfils is an up-and-coming player whose potential is certainly as bright as Nadal's. Santoro, on the other hand, is very much a player who has seen better days and is well riding into the sunset - I feel too much is made of this for the fact that Santoro upset Thomas Johansson in the last round. If anything, I'd rate Monfils as odds-on to nail this one. :D

Re: Tennis betting Just made a lay of Davydenko at 1.9 Betfair 2pts. Beck deserves to be favourite here. He is in good form, had a good first match here taking out Andreev comfortabley. He will get a similar style of play from Davydenko, whereas Davydenko is coming off a completely different match against Karlovic. Beck leads H2H 2-1 with Davydenko's only win coming on clay which is a surface he prefers. From the back these guys are pretty evenly matched, the difference I feel being that Beck serves better. I call it 55:45 to Beck and so have to have some action at odds against (lay at 1.9 works out as backing Beck at 2.11 before comission). :ok

Re: Tennis betting In addition to backing Monfils as a single at Betfair, I think it makes pretty good sense to throw in Nadal for a double (3.06 at Ladbrokes) which I think makes for awesome value. :tongue2 Nadal, while far more adept on clay than hardcourts, certainly looks a better player on a hard surface. Verdasco is evidently not entirely comfortable with hardcourts. That's backed up by the fact that Verdasco held a 6-10 W-L record on hardcourt and 20-11 on clay last year. 7 points on a Nadal-Monfils double at 3.06 (Ladbrokes) The other speculative bet that may be worth a punt could be backing Chiudinelli against Costa. Costa doesn't look remotely close to being the player he once was at the peak of his powers and the fact that he doesnt exactly thrive on a hard surface could well count against him when he's confronted by another zealous youngster eager to prove a point or two. Chiudinelli will be coming into this match high on confidence on the back of his win over Pavel in the last round - with that bit of luck, this really has the makings of yet another upset. 5 points on Chiudinelli to beat Costa at 2.62(William Hill) Cheers & Good Luck! ;)

Re: Tennis betting One more for you. Not going to risk the double, but I am gonna bet singles. R Nadal to beat R Verdasco @1.57 2pts I would put one on Monfils too, but they are not taking any bets at Ladbrokes, bet365 or skybet...the 3 accounts I have. Lets see how it goes. Good luck with Monfils:ok Sco

Re: Tennis betting

Well I think for those odds, 5.5 the he has a lot of heart but I wouldnt risk it myself. Sco
I think Monfils has got more than just a lot of heart - he's got bags of ability... As it goes into the third set, I can honestly see Monfils wearing down the aging Santoro. Come on, Gael! :clap

Re: Tennis betting Any of you guys know what time UK time, the Kiefer game starts? Im just itching to see what the result is with that one. Also like to know how long we wait for federer as it said yesterday he might be on Euro Sport? Or Nadal for that matter... Sco

Re: Tennis betting Kiefer isn't due to play anytime soon, is he? He just beat Saulnier earlier in the day. The matches planned for tomorrow (Australian time) are Melzer-Delic (0005 UK time), Chela-Lisnard (0300), Hewitt-Calleri (0830) and Dent-Benneteau (1000). Federer's starting at 3pm.