Flat Racing - 2nd June

Re: Flat Racing - 2nd June 3.40 Hamilton 6f, Class 5 handicap with 11 runners and I'm favouring one of the outsiders. There has to be doubts over Supreme Spirit who lost at odds on lto whilst Ingleby Arch is better at Southwell & regular pilot jumps ship. Klynch is the hot fav but 3 wins have seen his mark rise sharply and doubts with new jockey up top. It leaves me with a horse in double figures. Jobe (11/1 William Hill BOG) - On his 2yo form, this one would win with me riding it!! But since then, his form has tailed right off but, in my opinion, has raced 3 times this year showing plenty of potential that a win could be just around the corner. Back in 2008, finished 3rd in the Gimcrack and was only 5L back in the Middle Park. After starting with an opening mark in the 100's, Jobe started this term off just 82 but after 3 runs has been dropped a further 8lbs to 74, now facing a 0-75 for the first time. In each of his 3 runs this term, has stayed on really well and was going on at the finish. Ripon was the venue for the first 2 runs, a course that strongly favours front runners so I'm not too disheartened by the midfield finishes whilst he was slowly away at Doncaster, was switched to the rail but finished really well. I'm not certain he needs an extra furlong but this stiffer track is most definitely in his favour, having faced easy tracks so far in 2011. The juice in the ground is another huge plus too, with him having recorded a win 2 years ago over C&D on good to soft. Conditions therefore are ideal, with softish ground and best trip of 6f. Stable is in cracking form too so that just adds to this ones' prospects. 11's is way too big and I'm really hopeful of this one returning to form and visiting the winners enclosure for the first time since 2009.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.