Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread

Onto tomrrow, undoubtedly the best flat card of 2011 by a million miles 2:30 Royal Ascot - Canford Cliffs - Back Hannon thought he could get Goldikova beaten last year with Pac Boy and tried on numerous occasions but couldn't beat the mare and always came up short. It must be said though that Paco Boy's ideal trip was always a matter open to debate and maybe that ended up being his downfall as Goldikova is an out-and-out miler. However, Canford Cliffs' ideal trip is not up for debate as he is a genuinely class miler and this surely represents the best chance Hannon will ever have of getting the French Superstar beaten. Canford Cliffs has put a disappointing start to his 3yr old campaign well and truly behind him and now looks the winder horse we always thought he could be. He had a scintillating 2yr old campaign and started his 3yr old season as one of the elite few that everyone wanted to see. However, he disappointed on his re-appearance when 2nd to stablemate Dick Turpin and then could only manage 3rd in the Guineas (a great effort in retrospect but disappointing at the time). He has, though, looked a different horse ever since and is unbeaten in his4 runs since that loss, picking up The Irish 2000 Guineas, St James' Palace and Sussex stakes on the way last year. He came back with a bang in the Lockinge at Newbury on his seasonal re-appearance this year and travelled outstandingly well before winning cosily in the end. He has a great chance here, but I absolutely respect Goldikova, hence only staking 1pt on Canford Cliffs. I think 6/4 is over-priced given that he is favourite in effectively a 2 horse race (there's no way Cape Blanco has the speed to beat these 2 over a mile). A breathtaking race in store and I like Hannon's chances of finally getting his girl at 6/4 1pt win @ 6/4 William Hill BOG
best of Luck fella. He's pure class in my world. Your right - he way over priced.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Another vintage day for the thread, with both Royal Ascot selections obliging. A great comeback since that horror show 2 days ago Today: Bets placed: 2 Winners: 2 Strike rate: 100% Total points staked: 8.50 Total points returned: 13.00 Net profit: 4.50 pts % Yield: 52.9%

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 16 Total number of winners: 11 Strike Rate: 68.9% Total number of points staked: 31.50 Total points returned: 40.41 Net position: +8.91 pts % yield: 28.3% Current bank: 108.91 points

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Hopefully I can make it 6 on the bounce with this one tomorrow: 3:45 Royal Ascot - So You Think - Back Aiden O'Brien is a trainer I respect immensely and his horses have won me alot of money in Group races over the last few years. I think O'Brien may have got a tad carried away when he said this lad is the best he's ever trained as when you look at some of his previous legends, it's like a who's who of thoroughbred racing. That said, O'Brien doesn't just reel off lines to give the interviewers soundbytes so if he is willing to make such a bold statement then he must hold this lad in extremely high regard. He was the darling of a nation down under and since transferring to O'Brien in Ireland he has managed to live up to the huge hype that he has attracted. 2 runs and 2 wins is all you can ask, but perhaps the manner of the victories have been the most noteworthy thing. He has decimated 2 good fields with the minimum of fuss, leaving the impression that he has had plenty left in his locker even when he's demolishing good opponents. I see nothing to suggest that he'll get beaten here and I think he'll give O'Brien yet another Group winner 3.00 pts win @ 4/9 William Hill BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Good luck with So You Think mate, by 3.50pm we could be saying why was that not sent off about 1-5. I've backed it too even though odds on is not my thing as I can't see it losing today. I read comments about each way value but if people think So You Think can't be beaten then they are effectively giving away money with their win part of an ew bet and the sensible thing would be the place market or w/o fav market. :ok

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread I think exactly the same mate. I don't understand why those people don't just either back in the w/o the favourite market or just go on Betfair and back place only. I've never understood that. I think I may well add Shumoos later. By the way, what a horror show from Spencer yesterday on Gatepost. Was really disappointed as I think he genuinely travelled best and we already knew from what we saw at York that he finishes well. Still, extremely good day for me yesterday both on the thread and financially!

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 5:00 Royal Ascot - Shumoos - Back Ok, so he's a bit shorter than I'd hoped for but I think he's still at a backable price. Alot of that is down to the fact that the horse he beat, Frederick Engels, hacked up yesterday in an ultra competitive race, thus massively franking the form of Shumoos' debut win. That said, Frederick Engels has undoubtedly improved beyond all recognition since that run, so it is important not to take that form line too literally. What is important aswell though, was the style of Shumoos' debut win. Any horse that can come out first time out and win by 4 lengths has to be a tad special and I think Shumoos could be extremely special. I think he'll win this and win it well 1pt win @ 11/8 Paddy Power BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 18 Total number of winners: 11 Strike Rate: 61.1% Total number of points staked: 35.50 Total points returned: 40.41 Net position: +4.91 pts % yield: 13.83% Current bank: 104.91 points

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:30 Royal Ascot - Teolane - Back This filly looks absolutely full of class and has a great chance here. She's been strongly supported all day which is a major positive given the softening ground and clearly indicates she is expected to like the give in the ground. She won over the weekend in Ireland and the Bolger stable are bang in form. Definitely the one to beat here 2pt win @ 11/8 Paddy Power BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 4:25 Royal Ascot - Green Destiny - Back I think he has a genuinely outstanding chance here and I also believe that he could well get strongly backed throughout the day and end up going off a fair bit shorter than the 2/1 currently available. He has learned on every run thus far and seems to be getting better with every experience he's had. He looks like Brown Panther in that he seems to be a Group horse masquerading as a handicapper and he has the potential to win this readily. He will take an absolute world of beating here 2.5pts win @ 7/4 Hills BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Another absolute shocker of a day yesterday, with both selections running absolute stinkers. It's been a bad couple of days, hopefully can get back on track today. Yesterday: Bets placed: 2 Winners: 0 Strike rate: 0% Total points staked: 4.50 Total points returned: 0.00 Net profit: -4.50 pts % Yield: -100.00%

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 20 Total number of winners: 11 Strike Rate: 55.0% Total number of points staked: 40.00 Total points returned: 40.41 Net position: +0.41 pts % yield: 1.0% Current bank: 100.41 points

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 3:05 Royal Ascot - Await The Dawn - Back Looks the banker of the meeting with the exception of Frankel. He was odds against earlier in the week but that price has long gone. He absolutely hacked up at Chester lto and this extra distance looks right up his street. As long as he likes the ground he'll absolutely scoot up here. I'm going in big here, I think he's got an absolutely outstanding chance 5pts win @ 4/6 William Hill BOG

I dont want to pi$$ on your chips pal but i've got to say I think your just being exeptionally lucky thus far. I think come the end of the month you'll show a loss.
Nice supportive post :eyes It isn't really my way of betting either but Wizzkid finds the winners and does well in the BBOTD competition, why the hating? Can hardly say Await The Dawn was lucky.

I dont want to pi$$ on your chips pal but i've got to say I think your just being exeptionally lucky thus far. I think come the end of the month you'll show a loss.
And the June award for muppet of the month goes to........ Wizzkid's idea of what constitutes a bet is very much different to my own but there is more than one way to skin a rabbit and it is possible to make profit at any point on the odds spectrum if you have the right strike rate, so how you can knock the thread with such negativity is baffling. Its just not the done thing around here. Keep up the good work Wizzkid, shame you didnt include your Wokingham winner in here but suppose it doesn't fit with the title :ok

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread Overall so far: Starting Bank: 100 points Total number of bets placed: 21 Total number of winners: 12 Strike Rate: 57.1% Total number of points staked: 45.00 Total points returned: 48.74 Net position: +3.74 pts % yield: 8.3% Current bank: 103.74 points

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread 2:30 Hexham - Priors Gold - Back He'll take an absolute world of beating here. He's got a double penalty to shoulder for his 2 recent wins, but he's been winning so comfortably that it's hard to see that stopping him here. The opposition look very weak here and although Twisted is open to improvement and looks a good bet to fill 2nd for forecast purposes, it is extremely hard to look past Priors Gold here 2pts win @ 1/3 William Hill BOG

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread I'm following this thread with great interest as some of the bets are the ones i've backed recently. Q. Are you betting these selections yourself ? If so do you follow your staking plan with a 100 point bank?

I will stay neutral on this one. Yes,it may seem obvious to some and if there are 2 or 3 of extremely short ones get beat in sucsession,then obviously you will find yourself deep in the mire financially. All that said,WW does appear to use logical analysis in his selections. So i can see both sides of the coin on this one. as for FINTRON............insults belong in the school playground :$