** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Flat Racing - Saturday 28th May

2.20 Newmarket - 1pt win Catalyze @ 14/1 (Bet365) - BOG Nightmare of a race, and I'd be a lot happier if I had an idea on Catalyze's wellbeing (of the track since October), but on known form, this horse is a gigantic price at 14s in my opinion, even if it is a hugely competitive race of promising horses. This cheap colt for Andrew Balding travelled well on debut, but wasn't given too much of a hard time when finishing 4th of 12, 8l off Cochabamba over 6f at Lingfield. Unknown at the time, the winner is a very smart animal currently rated 104. It was obvious that Catalyze would come on for the run up in trip, and this proved to be bang on when opening his account in ready fashion at Salisbury over 7f. Rattling to a 4l win over Godolphin's Sagramor. That horse is now only rated 93 and won a nice handicap at Haydock last Saturday :rollin A competitive Doncaster nursery was next on the agenda for this colt, and he ran a blinder on ground possibly a little soft (good/soft), finishing 3rd, beaten two necks. It was a bit of a blanket finish to be fair - but the form still has a rock solid feel about it. Whisper Louise won the race, and is now rated 97 after her last run in the UK was to finish a 1l 3rd to 1000 Guineas heroine Blue Bunting. Rerouted was 4th at Doncaster - now rated 110 having won a (probably weak) Group 3 on his next run. Fred Willetts (now rated 90) was next and Mariachi Man (also 90) and Bridle Belle (84 also in behind). When you consider Catalyze runs off 87 tomorrow, this looks well within his compass. You may have thought his last run of the season, at Ascot, was a little under-par, but yet again the form is strong. Ended up beaten 7 1/2l in 4th of 5. The winner was Dubawi Gold - 2nd in both English and Irish 2000 Guineas this year. The 2nd, Tazahum (only 4l ahead of Catalyze) beat the very useful Fury this week and is now rated in the 100s. Big Issue was the other runner ahead of Catalyze at Ascot, and he has run a 5l 5th in a Group 3 since (rated 106). Obviously there may be horses in this race that will end up being as good as what Catalyze has faced in these tough tasks so far, but in terms of form on the table, I think he's a rock solid e/w bet at 14s assuming he's ready to go. That's my main concern, as Andrew Balding has said he might want ground on the quick side (4l win came on good/firm, Doncaster and Ascot runs on good/soft). Hopefully the rain won't come. The trainer is confident he'll stay a mile, and his dam is related to middle-distance horses in Chile. Balding is hitting good form with 2 winners and a 2nd from his last 4 runners. He shows solid level stake profits at Newmarket and if the horse is ready to go, he shouldn't be a 14/1 shot in this field.

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 28th May 3:05 Haydock: Pipette 1pt win 20/1 Betfred Pipette at first glance appears to have a lot on coming back after almost a year off, however there is some reason to believe her chance has been underestimated. Last season she won first time out (as she did as a two year old) and then ran in the 1000 Guineas. Pipette raced up the centre of the course at Newmarket when the place to be was stands side. She then went to Goodwood and started at a much shorter price than Snow Fairy. Pipette finished a never nearer three lengths behind Snow Fairy and considering what Snow Fairy did after that at Epsom and the Far East that was a pretty decent effort. Its reported that Pipette has had a breathing operation and its interesting that she has been kept in training by her powerful connections. They must hope there is more to come as Pipette is already Listed placed so why carry on as a four year old? Its maybe putting two and two together and getting five, but there could be more to come from Pipette. The extra distance should be no problem, she went well fresh in the past and if the breathing op works, then it will be probably be first time too. Worth a point at the odds. 3:25 Newmarket: Desert Law 1pt win 6/1 William Hill Desert Law is a course and distance winner and the form of the race he won looks rock solid with those behind running well. Jinky who was second went in next time, with the third Cape Rambler finishing only a head behind Jinky. The third in that subsequent race, Flynn's Boy, won his next race. Going back to Desert Law, the fourth in the maiden he won, Lamasaas was on the mark next time out too. Andrew Balding is in good form at the moment picking up a couple of winners earlier this week. And he also has a profitable record at the course. Lots of possible improvers, however there is a strong chance that Desert Law is one too.

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 28th May Hope all those on the PL meet up have a cracking day out at Haydock this afternoon :ok A Haydock trixie for me today.... 2.05 Haydock Deauville Flyer - has won four races from 1m4f to 2m on ground ranging from good to firm to heavy. Scored at York easily off 87 last season when winning in this grade and hinted he needed further when outpaced in a stronger grade at York last time, over a shorter trip. Has course winning form. 13/2 VC 2.35 Haydock Show Rainbow - has won over 6f on heavy ground but also placed over C&D in listed grade on good to firm last weekend. Could get the run of the race and Spencer getting the leg up on this front runner is a positive. 5/2 VC 3.05 Haydock Crystal Capella - has won seven races over 1m2 to 1m4f on ground ranging from good to firm to soft, including at Group 2 level. Has won first time out on both of her last two seasonal bow's and eased into listed grade this year. 85/40 VC

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 28th May Fintron - I'll be all over Crystal Capella like a rash, already backed it with bet365 but will be backing it on course too. Was classy at York and is group class, probably group 1. I'll be also doubling it with this one: Old Hundred 5.45 Newmarket Saw 9-2 earlier in the bookies, will see if I can better elsewhere. Dour stayer that finished the race well at Donny, outstaying Nave and after almost looking flat footed it really saw out the last furlong well. Form has worked out ok and form of the 2m win on the aw has also seen 4 winners go in since. Has more to offer and could be the one to get punters out of the shit if they have a bad day.

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 28th May Good luck to those at Haydock today and have pkenty of winners during the day I am not looking at too many races today on what looks a difficult Saturday 4.55 Beverley CARLITOS SPIRIT, i have already highlighted the young apprentice BArtley and he has a few more rides today with this one i feel the ick of those. Having won here last season off a mark of 60 (7lb calimer on board) the horse had won previously off same mark with no apprentice claim, so today off 61 with a 3lb claim takes the mark to 58 which is a winable mark in my book for this horse. I have negatives about the favourite and 2nd favourite in the race, e.g favourite has never won over this trip 8/1 Bet365 (10/1 at Sporting bet) 5.30 Beverley INGLEBY STAR, this one looks due to win and again the boy Bartley is on board, unlucky last time out and a close 2nd here last season off a 5lb higher mark. Has a good draw on the rail also. 5/1 Bet365 3.25 Newmarket EL VIENTO, 3 previous runnings of this race and this one seems to fit the bill, won twice last season and so far this season hasnt set the world alight but a promising run behind Seal rock here 2 weeks ago when 0.75L 2nd. Seems to only just get the trip and possibly will have to be front rank to assert over this field today. Fahey has 3 in the race and possibly this is his better one of the 3. 12/1 Bet365

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 28th May 4.00 Newmarket HUYGENS, been on my list all season and i think this could be a difficult horse to place in races as again looks primed to win off this mark of 89 and will no doubt find it tougher once it has. Not going to miss it today though if it goes in at a fair price. 9/1 Bet365

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 28th May 2:20 Newmarket: Dubai Queen 1pt win 5/1 Betfred This looks a competitive race, however Dubai Queen lines up here after winning at Goodwood in fine style and she looks the sort who could go on to better things. That maiden has seen the placed horses Trojan Nights and Agiaal come out and win next time so the form looks solid. Dubai Queen holds an entry for the Coronation Stakes at Royal Ascot, and if she really is good enough to run there, she should go very close today. Dubai Queen showed a decent turn of foot to scoot away from her rivals and then idled a touch in front when clear, so the handicapper has not been too harsh on her. Luca Cumani has been going well over the past two weeks and Dubai Queen certainly won't lack assistance in the saddle.

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 28th May Haydock 2:05 COLLOQUIAL 10-1 BET365(BOG) 1 POINT WIN Interesting runner from the Candy yard. Previous C&D winner seems to really like the track around here. Back to a winnable mark of 90 i feel after winning a class 2 Ascot 16f off 89 just recently. This is a class 3 and the mark of 90 should be workable. This trip and ground are ideal, fitness should be there after last 2 runs and Fergus Sweeny has won on this horse before and seems to know him well. A lot of non runners so this has opened up the field and 10-1 looks a cracking price for this horse. Yard are shrewd enough and target specific races, this may be on of them.

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 28th May LOST IN PARIS 4.40 Catterick. 0.5 points each way. I'd be surprised if he isn't involved in the finish of this on best & current form. The trip and ground wouldn't be a concern & a mark of 80 is a little high, but not if the race is run as expected. Looks to have a very solid chance of going close.

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 28th May Boundaries 5.20 Haydock. 0.5 points each way. I like the fact they drop him back to 5f & he again gets in off a mark of 83. The ground isn't a problem and I see his racing prominently and hanging around for a battling finish. The odds certainly make the bet.

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 28th May The last at Haydock is tricky little contest. On The High Tops is a horse i've always liked and has a good chance of winning off 6lb higher than lto as long as rain hasn't got in the ground. A big danger is Major MUSCARI who didn't get a total free passage lto but finshed well for third and interesting Jock booked today also Boundaries comes into it with a 6lb pull on OTHT so its an exacta in any order on those three for me.