BBOTD 21st May

15.00 Haydock Overdose - 1pt win @ 2/1 Bet365 its exciting to see the "Budapest Bullet" Overdose the top Hungarian sprinter who has only lost once here come to the UK for hes first race it will be hes toughest test yet but if hes really on it today he will blitz the field apart like he did abroad and will be no surprise to see him do that here

Re: BBOTD 21st May 3.00 Haydock Sole Power 12/1 William Hill Looked back to form last time out and could run a massive race here. This horse was a shock winner of the Nunthorpe at 100/1 last year and I fully believe he can win this. I think the race will be run to suit if the jockey chooses to hold the horse up which he did when winning the Nunthorpe. There are plenty of front runners in this race which should set it up for something coming from off the pace. The likes of Rose Blossom, Markab, Tangerine Trees, Overdose and a couple of others could all help set a quick pace. This should play in to the hands of my selection. He showed when winning the Nunthorpe that he is capable of running very quick and he also broke the track record at Dundalk (which would not have taken much). Overdose looks too short for this race on his first outing in the UK. He may well look a great 2/1 shot come the end of the race but there are too many if's regarding this horse so I think he is one to watch. One of the strongest trends of this race is that you must have won in your last 4 starts which removes Rose Blossom, Prohibit, Kingsgate Native, Group Therapy and Hamish Mcgonagall. There has only been one 8 year old winner of this race dating back to at least the 1980's so I am happy to remove both Markab and Borderlescott. Of the four remaining I am happy to remove the 2 3 year olds in New Planet and Stone of Folca which leaves just 2. Tangerine Trees is improving at a rate of knotts but I feel he will be one to help force a fast pace which will hopefully set it up for the other horse we are left with in Sole Power. I think Sole Power can prove that his Nunthorpe win was not a fluke by taking this today. He is drawn in between Rose Blossom and Overdose so should be able to sit in behind them 2 and hopefully pick them off towards the finish. He is still young and there could be more improvement to come from him. A return to the tactics that brought him that shock group 1 win should see him go close here. On his 2 outings since that win, he has raced up with pace which hasn't suited. He has plenty of group entries this season, so they will be hoping for a big run from the horse today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.