Swimming against the tide

Im starting this thread with the intention of taking the information/stats on a team and totally going against the trend. Ill start with a bank of 500 points. Where I use information posted on this forum, I will quote it here. I mean no disrespect to the poster if Ive gone against his view (and im not taking the piss), Im just showing where my information has come from. Neither will I be checking any information posted for accuracy on the stats quoted. Stick with it, all will become clear very quickly. Just one more thing, it may help is someone could explain to me how to insert quotes:o Ive tried typing in quotes and quoting in the FAQ search but got nothing helpful. 1ST JAN FIXTURES PREM Bolton to beat WBA 20 points to win 14.4

I wont be going near a team that has lost their last 7 on the trot, especially at odds of 1.72! No bet for me.
bolton scored at home last on 27th nov Newcastle to beat Brum 20 points to win 20.04
Birmingham have won 4 on the bounce, including wins at Fulham and Villa, and have turned over a decent Middlesboro side at home.
Newcastle haven't won in 7. Lay Spurs to beat Everton +16 points or - 20 (actual betfair odds)
I also like the look of Tottenham to beat Everton. They beat them at Goodison earlier in the season and have 5 wins and 1 draw in their last 6.
Blackburn to beat Villa 10 points to win 35
Aston villa look good to me even though they're on a bad run. Blackburn haven't got a point from anyone above villa on the road. Worth a small bet.
Blackburn on the other hand appear to be becoming adept at grinding out the draw and have drawn 8 of their last 10 Man utd to beat Boro 20 points to win 23.2
I can't disagree with the 'boro pick. Boro have won 4 of their last 6 against united and have frustrated us even in the games they didn't win
CCC Reading to beat Gillingham 10 points to win 12 Gills have won their last 3 at home 3-1, 3-1, 2-1 (albeit against other struggling sides) and Reading have lost 3 of their last 4 away (beat 3-0 by Preston in last game).With these thoughts in mind I think the odds on the home are too long here. won only 4 away games this season Forest v Stoke Over 2 goals 10 points to win 14.06 (betfair after comm) Not advising anyone to bet on forest. Anyone for unders though as all of stoke's last 11 games have had under 2 goals in them. Forest missed a hatful of chances against sunderland, and I doubt they will get anywhere near as many chances against stoke who have only conceded 2 goals in the last 8 Like I say, please dont take any offence if your post is included. Some of you even quote stats and go against them yourselves anyway. Its just an experiment. Good luck:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.