FLAT RACING MON.9TH MAY

just thought id start early as im pushed for time at present ,im going to be experimenting for the near future so dont know how its going to effect my results but ive decided if im doing speed ratings and want a chance of a big payout (5 figures +) then i need to delve into the realm of going allowances to see if it has a positive or negative effect on the results (might make them better ) .im not sure really .....everything ive learned about speed ratings ive taught myself and is based on scientific formulas ,etc but going corrections is where the speed world splits in two .some people swear by them whilst others say its sheer guesswork and ruins ratings ive been toying with the idea for a while but i keep thinking if a certain meeting isnt actually running slow its just that the horses running that day are a bit substandrd then the times will come out slow generally and youl be left with a big going allowance and in fact there wasnt one !!!meaning your miles out ,yet on other days the track may have been riding generally fast that day and needs trimming so you dont overate a horse ....so it works both ways i suppose with that in mind im going to start tomorrow in the 3.50 red : reel buddy star would have a chance on his run here at redcar in sept but his comeback run was poor and may be a little high in the weights but at 20/1 has e.w potential and might run into a place if in the mood . rio cobola i think has been overated on the fact that imperial djay ran well after they met but that horse won on the bridle when they ran and looked a progressive sort so comparing the two isnt correct and rio cobola looks flattered by that result this race looks between ezra church and catherdral spires who both have 148 on the clock over 7f g/f ,cathedral spires has to comeback from a 200 day layoff so thats a big negative but well weighted today catherdral spire +0.11 ,-0.32 , +0.04 so lloks to have an allowance of around -0.15 (slower than standard ) ezra church -0.61 ,-0.02 ,0.52 so lloks to have allowance approx -0.35 overall ezra churches last run looks better than the original 148 as he has the bigger allowance and positive recent run so all things pointing to a good run at 9/2 ,win bet unless available at 5/1 then becomes e.w

Re: FLAT RACING MON.9TH MAY actually rio cobolas last race looks poor but with closer inspection he has -4.82, -4.26, -3.09 which if going allowances are correct would mean the track was riding 4 seconds slow that day !!!! which means rio cobola ran -1.00 (after allowances ) which still puts him 3rd placed but better than the run first looks so it will be interesting to see where he finishes

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.