Breeding

I'd like it if some kind fellow could answer a few questions for me. They relate to RP cards; the sire and dam details, in particular. Lahib (USA) (8.7f) - Our Leader (IRE) (Supreme Leader (12.4f)) http://www.racingpost.com/horses/horse_home.sd?race_id=529145&r_date=2011-05-08&horse_id=773684 Am I right in thinking that the distances in brackets mean the average distance that both stallions excelled at? Or does the second figure include the stats for the dam as well as the stallion? If not, then why aren't the dam stats listed? At the moment I'm using common sense and thinking the longer the distance, the more the horse has been bred for the longer journeys and it would be doubtful that a horse who's stats both read around 6f would stay 3m (for instance)? Or does this apply more to younger horses?

Re: Breeding

I'd like it if some kind fellow could answer a few questions for me. They relate to RP cards; the sire and dam details, in particular. Lahib (USA) (8.7f) - Our Leader (IRE) (Supreme Leader (12.4f)) http://www.racingpost.com/horses/horse_home.sd?race_id=529145&r_date=2011-05-08&horse_id=773684 Am I right in thinking that the distances in brackets mean the average distance that both stallions excelled at? Or does the second figure include the stats for the dam as well as the stallion? If not, then why aren't the dam stats listed? At the moment I'm using common sense and thinking the longer the distance, the more the horse has been bred for the longer journeys and it would be doubtful that a horse who's stats both read around 6f would stay 3m (for instance)? Or does this apply more to younger horses?
I use these a lot ! My understanding is that the figure in brackets after the sire is the average winning distance of his offspring who have raced at age 3 and over The 'damsire' figure is the same for the sire of the dam Figures for the dam herself would be not much use as the number of offspring would be so small The figures don't include their 2yo runners as they pretty much all run over 5/6 furlongs for the most part. (that's my understanding of it) To use the figures I add the sire and damsire figure together and divide by 2 As it happens I kept charts for all AW racing for 2 years where I recorded the race distance against the winners 'stamina distance'. I do these kind of nerdy things !..................:tongue2 There was a definite patterm emerged - which reinforced common sense that as the race distance went up the average winners stamina distance went up For each race distance the result was the typical 'bell curve' that matheticians use on graphs.