Football Doubles Strategy

Hi all, First off id like to say that im new to this site, and fairly new to gambling, so apologies if ive posted in the wrong thread etc. Been looking through the forums and noticed afew football doubles systems. Im not looking to make a great deal of profit, however i just wanted to get your thoughts on a possible basic system, as im just starting out, or whether you have any ideas of systems etc for a newbie. Starting with £40, I make 8 seperate bets. All doubles. I put £5 on each double. Surely a minimum of 2/3 would come in, making a small profit or at least breaking even? and if more come in i would make a profit? *Got my eye on an Everton/West Brom double potentially making around £40/45 especially considering Evertons home form, and West Broms imporvement under Hodgson, and on the back of a win, and a draw with Spurs... thoughts? Just wanted to get your advice/opinions as i know you are all alot more experienced than I am. Thanks in Advance!

Re: Football Doubles Strategy :welcome on board, Kuyt. No need to apologize, I think you hit the right forum, when it comes to general discussion about your strategy; but if you want to discuss specific selections, e.g. Everton and WBA, then UK Football Forum is certainly proper place, and you'll get better info there. As for your strategy, I don't think there is easy and straightforward way to tell if it's good or not; it depends on your selections, so at the end, it means it depends solely on your ability to chose the right picks; what works good for one punter, may be the road to poor house for another punter. However, I don't agree with your statement "surely 2 or 3 would come in"; there's no sure thing when it comes to betting, and as they say, you should bet only what you can afford to lose - I don't want to discourage you, but I believe there will be cases when none or only one of your slips wins, more often than you expect. Especially now, that seasons in main leagues are close to end, so teams' motivation is questionable; and some of the summer leagues (Finnish, Swedish and USA, I'd say) are way too unpredictable, so it's not easy to chose 16 matches. Thus, you may first paper-test your strategy, or use smaller stakes, and then gradually increase them if suitable. I've tried similar thing some time ago, doubles or trebles, but all selections were always Draw No Bet; it appeared I was struggling to break even, so I eventually gave it up; that's why I said your selection process is the factor that will decide profitability of your strategy.

Re: Football Doubles Strategy :welcome from me too! Like froment has said, U re on the right place regarding the strategies. U can choose a thousands way of placing bets..singls,doubles,trebles, long combos,systems etc, but only one thing is for sure: U ll win money if your selection(s) has value. Good luck in betting world and dont forget what froment has wrote in last post: Dont gamble with the money U cant afford to loose. Cheers