Flat Racing: Wednesday 27th April

Wednesday: 16.50 Ascot On a poor run at the moment so hoping i can turn it around here with 2 interesting runners at nice prices. Satwa Laird is the first runner of interest and if fit and ready to go after a long break he should be able to go well. He comes here off a mark of 83 and the last time he was down to a mark this low he went on to win around this time last year over the same distance and on similar ground. Dettori was also on board then and since then this 5 year old has been sent to higher class races where there has been the odd good performance. Over today's course and distance he has done well so there are no problems there whilst the trainer has been ticking along nicely which is a good sign. The main selection though is Huzzah. This experienced campaigner goes well fresh and coming from a bang in form stable i expect him to do the same here. He hasn't won in 3 years but for this race he has been given his lowest mark for 4 years so if near his best he has things in his favour to produce a big display. He is used to racing against better opposition whilst there is also course and distance form there on similar ground. There is no doubt that he has the ability required to go well here, having gone well in big handicaps previously, so if the Hills' have him in good shape i expect him to be in the mix come the winning post. There are quite a few here who could win it but i think my selections represent the best value and have a lot of things going for them. Guest Book should go well but i reluctantly dismissed him due to average stable form. 1.5pts E/W Huzzah to win - 16/1 with Bet365 1pt E/W Satwa Laird to win - 16/1 with William Hill

Re: Flat Racing: Wednesday 27th April just typing this up for ratings purposes : 4.15 ascot tomorrow margot did has the fastest rating at 150 but lack of run is negative (has recorded this figure twice so if fit will take some pegging back of the rest libranno has a 142 on the clock an has had a run (did a 112 over 1 mile but thats too far for this horse) now drops back to 6f so should suit and could run a big race ......prices too cramped for me to play and no value so i'll just be watching

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.