To sit or not to sit

Nade

I've played a few HUSNGs today mainly $50 games pretty much just playing anyone i see waiting and sometimes waiting myself, but the last hours or so there's been up to 4 individuals waiting at the stake for a sucker to sit, they're all big winning players. I played some games vs the same guys earlier with success (sample-size lol) but it got me thinking about a few things. It's definitely more '+EV' to become one who sits and waits for a sucker to join rather than sit them but there must be some +EV in playing better players by learning from them or just beating them outright over a solid sample so you have confidence to move up. My main 2 points are that psychologically if they're wanting to play bad players for easy money then you can catch them off guard. And also it just looks really bad for the game if a random comes along and wants to have fun and they see a load of guys just waiting on their own it looks bad. So i wonder why the regs don't play each-other. If they beat the best players at those stakes then they can be confident they could beat players at higher levels instead of just bum-hunting. That point and a few others relates to HU cash games too. It seems a lot of guys are sacrificing short-term -EV for maybe longer term +EV. The way i look at it is there's a reason the LivB's and iLuvtheWNBA's of this world got to where they are - the highest stakes - and that's by playing and beating regs. Is it all about easy money for lower stakes players? So does that automatically make them less likely to get to much higher levels as they'll get beaten by regs? The answer seems like yes. That seems like poor foresight to me.

Re: To sit or not to sit 2p2 pokercast did a great interview with Olivier Busquets (livb) recently, easily one of the best they've had in my opinion. He made the point that there is no table/opponent selection if you're sitting at tables in HUSNGs since you have to play anyone that chooses to sit with you. Unlike HU cash where you can just sit out.