Tennis - 18-24 April

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April

Can't remember her serving a DF myself. And the percentage is probably correct as she can't serve properly due to her back I think it is. So she's essentially serving her first serve like it's a second serve hence why she's been broken so much.
Well, I definitely saw a DF at Safina serving the very first game in the 2nd set. I swear. But otherwise this is very strange match. Both players are RUS, so god only knows what's going on :loon Not a match for those with weak nerves, that's for sure, LOL.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Safina isn't looking like a warrior, more pathetic. If she's going to play on she needs to stop touching her stomach, her face and pretending like she's going to faint... Otherwise retire. She is obviously going to play on till the end and lose, I can't quite believe this.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Not being funny as I'm barely better than amateur level but I reckon I could do a better job against Safina right now. Just move her from side to side and eventually she won't be able to reach it. Instead Pivovarova serves double faults and hits it in the centre of the court. Really don't understand her.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Well looks like Safina is defeated, poor movement, shot technique, weak shots. Pivovarova working her harder and especially with the position of shots on the court. Anyone who thinks Safina was going to win was only kidding themselves.

Well looks like Safina is defeated' date=' poor movement, shot technique, weak shots. Pivovarova working her harder and especially with the position of shots on the court. Anyone who thinks Safina was going to win was only kidding themselves.[/quote'] C'mon. She's just two games away now. Basically needs to hold and make it 5-4 and that will be it. Pivovarova will throw in some DF and will lose it from there. Suspicious match to say the least and considering that there are two Russians involved could be a lot of money made from this one. Anyway Pivovarova is stupid enough to lose it on her own :lol

C'mon. She's just two games away now. Basically needs to hold and make it 5-4 and that will be it. Pivovarova will throw in some DF and will lose it from there. Suspicious match to say the least and considering that there are two Russians involved could be a lot of money made from this one. Anyway Pivovarova is stupid enough to lose it on her own :lol
Safina on her own service is the reason she won't win. Rain break after rain break, what a frustrating game.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Thoughts on the semis tomorrow then? Nadal-Dodig, Ferrer-Almagro. I'm going to stick my neck out and say I reckon it will be 2 Spaniards in the final ;). Over in Fes, Safina to play Brianti. Interesting to see what odds are available in that one.

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event David Ferrer - Nicolas Almagro
Selection Nicolas Almagro
Strength 10/10
Date 23/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 3.20
Reasoning Barcelona ATP (ESP) - Clay, Semi Final. David Ferrer will play against Nicolas Almagro tommorow and he is a favorite in this match. Maybe he should be favorite but odd for win's Nicolas Almagro is very good and I see value in this option! Almagro is in great shape, he is in TOP10 first time in his career. Nicolas's favourite surface is clay, he loves play on this surface. I like David Ferrer because he is fighter, very good tennis player but in last match he had problems with his knee. Nicolas Almagro can play match with 3 sets - it will be difficult for David. He can have health problems. David Ferrer has weak second service. His statistics against Jurgen Melzer: 2nd Serve Points Won 38% (8/21) David Ferrer's service is not strong. In my opinion Nicolas has better serve. Nicolas Almagro is top player now so motivation must be high!

Sport Tennis
Event Agnieszka Radwanska - Caroline Wozniacki
Selection Agnieszka Radwanska
Strength 10/10
Date 23/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 4.40
Reasoning Stuttgart WTA Premier (GER) - Clay, Semi Final. Caroline Wozniacki should be a favorite in this match but odd like for Agnieszka Radwanska like 4,40 is too high in my opinion and I see big value in this option. Caroline Wozniacki leads 3-1 in head-to-head series so Agnieszka Radwanska can beat her. They never played on clay so I'm sure that Caroline Wozniacki will have problems against Agnieszka. Radwanska is in great shape. She easy won three matches in Stuttgart - defeated very good rivals like Francesca Schiavone. Agnieszka very easy defeated her. Radwanska played against Kristina Barrois yesterday and won after two sets. Barrois in great shape, she played at home. She has strong service but Agnieszka won. She looks here very good and I see close match here. Agnieszka Radwanska and Caroline Wozniacki are friends, they often plays together.

Sport Tennis
Event WTA Stuttgart - To Win Outright
Selection Agnieszka Radwanska
Strength 5/10
Date 24/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 8.00
Reasoning In my opinion Agnieszka Radwanska will win this tournament. I see big value in this option. For example in pinnacle sports we can see odd 6.80. Agnieszka Radwanska is in great shape. She is playing fantastic in Stuttgart. She lost only 13 games in three matches here so she is strong. Francesca Schiavone won only 4 games against Agnieszka. Francesca won French Open in last year so in my opinion Radwanska can beat Wozniacki. Caroline had big problems against Andrea Petkovic in last match but won. Caroline Wozniacki leads 3-1 in head-to-head series but they never played on claycourt. For me it is very important. Agnieszka Radwanska said that she will try play her best tennis. Motivation must be high - she won last title in 2008 - three years ago! If she beat Caroline Wozniacki she will play against Samantha Stosur or Julia Georges. I see many chances here. Odd is fantastic!

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Glad I went to bed before the Safina handicap odds came up otherwise I would have lost that so I was lucky with that one. Sorry to anyone who did take Safina. Really stupid match. Anyway onto tomorrow and I've taken this one early. David Ferrer vs Nicolas Almagro- Ferrer -3.5 handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (5/10) Granted I'm not 100% sure over Ferrer's fitness as he needed a timeout in the second set today but if he is okay, the handicap should be at (4.5) in my opinion. Ferrer dominates the H2H 6-0 with these two, winning in 3 sets earlier on in the year over in Mexico. Have to fancy him here to set up a repeat of last week's final against Rafa. Thought if anyone would beat him en route to the final it would be Melzer but as it was, Ferrer was always comfortable and could have moved into another gear you felt if he needed. Almagro although he comfortably beat Ferrero, he still was broken by a player who was moving extremely heavily on court and probably fatigued after his long break. Ferrer is one of the fittest guys about and he will be a completely different test for Mugro. On the whole he hasn't been extremely convincing of late. Lost easily to Melzer last week and had issues against a troubled Davydenko as well. Leaning towards the handicap rather than the unders as in all of the meetings between the two Spaniards, Ferrer has taken a set either 6-2 or better. Even if he loses a set narrowly, an easy set like this in which Almagro goes missing puts the handicap well within reach. May be close for parts but do expect David to come through this with the handicap. May think differently for a (4.5) handicap, but a (3.5) I'll take.

Thoughts on the semis tomorrow then? Nadal-Dodig' date=' Ferrer-Almagro. I'm going to stick my neck out and say I reckon it will be 2 Spaniards in the final ;). Over in Fes, Safina to play Brianti. Interesting to see what odds are available in that one.[/quote'] How dare you even think of touching Safina after yesterday..

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Nothing for me today. Would fancy Rafael Nadal to tear Ivan Dodig a new one but would have preferred better odds on the unders. David Ferrer -3.5 games is appealing but Nicolas Almagro has taken a set off him the last three times they've met, and we're yet to know how fit Ferrer is after that knee injury yesterday. Good luck to all that play, and happy birthday Psycho :ok