** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 18-24 April

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April All @ bet365 18 Apr 10:00 Daniel Gimeno-Traver v Potito Starace 2.37 1.53 18 Apr 10:00 Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo v Albert Ramos 2.37 1.53 18 Apr 10:00 Santiago Giraldo v Thomaz Bellucci 2.00 1.72 18 Apr 10:00 Richard Gasquet v Juan-Ignacio Chela 1.36 3.00 18 Apr 10:00 Tobias Kamke v Blaz Kavcic 2.10 1.66 18 Apr 10:00 Radek Stepanek v Milos Raonic 2.00 1.72 18 Apr 10:00 Guillermo Garcia Lopez v Denis Istomin 1.40 2.75 18 Apr 10:00 Feliciano Lopez v Mikhail Kukushkin 1.33 3.25 18 Apr 10:00 Kei Nishikori v Pere Riba 1.53 2.37 18 Apr 10:00 Marcel Granollers v Daniel Brands 1.33 3.25 18 Apr 10:00 Teymuraz Gabashvili v Albert Montanes 3.75 1.25 18 Apr 10:00 Kevin Anderson v Pablo Cuevas 2.75 1.40 18 Apr 10:00 Andrey Golubev v Victor Hanescu 1.83 1.83 18 Apr 10:00 Gerard Granollers-Pujol v Pablo Andujar 5.00 1.14 18 Apr 10:00 Nikolay Davydenko v Alexandr Dolgopolov 2.00 1.72 18 Apr 10:00 Juan Monaco v Grigor Dimitrov 1.36 3.00 18 Apr 10:00 Xavier Malisse v Juan Carlos Ferrero 2.25 1.57

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Going to fire in early doors with two selections. Nikolay Davydenko v Alexandr Dolgopolov Alexandr Dolgopolov @ 1.826 with Pinnacle 6pts I think the bookies are vastly overrating Davydenko here. The wee Russian is a skeleton of the player we enjoyed at the tail end of 2009 and I think he's going to be pretty vulnerable against Dolgopolov. Both men had poor Monte Carlos - Dolgopolov was battered by Ernests Gulbis, Davydenko fell to Robin Haase - but I'm more willing to entrust my faith in the Ukrainian. Clay is his preferred surface and has a lovely array of shots to move Davydenko around. The Russian is good at putting the ball deep and in the corners but his shots don't have any crunch anymore, he can't find the points he used to be able to. His serve is especially weak, and worse returners than Dolgopolov have been picking on it. Davydenko's in a bad place right now, and I'm not sure he's got it in him to live with someone like Dolgopolov on clay. Santiago Giraldo v Thomaz Bellucci Thomaz Bellucci @ 1.781 with Pinnacle 6pts This will not be an easy match on the eye or indeed the nerves but I reckon Bellucci will have the job done come the end. I think it'd be fair to say Bellucci hasn't done himself justice in recent weeks, poor results in America and then losing to Gilles Simon in Monte Carlo. Willing to forgive Bellucci for that because Simon was playing well last week. He should get an easier ride against Giraldo, who had a shocker against Daniel Gimeno-Traver in Monaco. Giraldo played some fine clay court tennis in South America but he still lacks consistency and maturity. You could say that about Bellucci too but I think the Brazilian has more on clay - it's his favoured surface and he causes issues with his lefty serve and forehand. Giraldo prefers things a little quicker, and is out of form. The Colombian beat Bellucci in two this year in Auckland but that was on a hard court. Tellingly, Bellucci won their only Tour meeting on clay. It's also worth noting Bellucci made the quarters here last time out, so conditions suit, plus he has something to defend. Could be messy but I think Bellucci will take this, and would have had him priced a little lower than he is here. :hope

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Only one for me on Monday. Maybe something from Fes will come up, no odds atm Kristina Barrois +5 AH vs Lucie Safarova. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Too big handicap in my opinion for Safarova to cover. She beat Barrois recently on hard in Indian Wells 7-6, 6-7, 6-0 but can't see Barrois collapsing like that in a home tournament and especially on the clay which is her favorite surface. The backhand slice will be the main shot for her in this match and with Safarova's erratic style of play I would not be shocked to see Barrois winning this match. She has beaten Lucie before, that was in 2006 in a indoor hard Challenger, a lot has changed since then obviously but still don't think Safarova can win this by six games or bigger margin.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Alexandra Dulgheru v Daniela Hantuchova Alexandra Dulgheru @ 1.80 with bet365 I think the bookies are thinking wrong here. Hantuchova have just recently on sunday played two hard matches in Fed cup against Jankovic in both singles and doubles. Alexandra Dulgheru will be more rested and prepared for this and it's also clay in Stuttgart (indoors) which she prefers both in or out ofcourse. :hope

Bloody hell, taking five more in R1 of Barcelona. Heady times ... and may take more depending what the qualifiers bring. Kevin Anderson v Pablo Cuevas Pablo Cuevas -3.5 games @ 1.833 with Pinnacle 5pts I'm not really a fan of Anderson on the clay. Obviously his serve has less juice on it but he struggles with his movement and timing and generally seems uncomfortable on it. Cuevas, on the other hand, revels on the red brick. Very accustomed clay courter who serves well and can dominate rallies. Has had a good year thus far and got to the semis on clay in Houston. This is his first game in Europe on the clay but I think he'll acclimatise fine. He's more at ease in these conditions than Anderson and should be taking this relatively straightforwardly. Juan Monaco v Grigor Dimitrov Juan Monaco -4 games AH @ 2.00 with Pinnacle 4pts Can't really get all the hype about Dimitrov. The kid is only 19 and has yet to mature as a tennis player. He does have a nice armoury of shots but like most 19-year-old pros, he is extremely inconsistent and vulnerable to an experienced player. Monaco is just that. He's a very astute clay courter on his day and should be too wily for Dimitrov. The Bulgarian's only win on clay so far came against Rainer Schuettler and he was schooled by Teimuraz Gabashvili in his other match in Houston. Monaco is better than both those players. He threw away a good chance against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Monte Carlo but this ought to be easier. Expect Monaco to do this readily. Feliciano Lopez v Mikhail Kukushkin Feliciano Lopez -4 games AH @ 2.00 with Pinnacle 4pts I'm not a massive fan of Lopez on clay but he's better than Kukushkin on this surface. The Kazakh really struggles away from a quick indoor hard court and hasn't got the serve to get him through. Lopez has, that should be the difference here. Got a fine win over Janko Tipsarevic last week before being schooled by David Ferrer. Not sure Kukushkin's got the clay court nous to get anywhere near that sort of form. Lopez, in Spain, and with more clay ability and experience, should be taking this comfortably. Tobias Kamke v Blaz Kavcic Tobias Kamke @ 2.35 with Pinnacle 3pts Should be a very close match this but I reckon Kamke's the man to win this and is vastly underpriced by the bookmakers. Kavcic is mentally unstable. Has thrown away some incredibly decent winning positions in recent times, first against Mikhail Youzhny in Australia and more recently in Casablanca against Fabio Fognini. The match against the Italian might take some time to get over; he was 6-2 5-1 up and served for the match three times, wasting loads of match points. Young lad is bound to get tight in his next match. Kamke's not played a great deal recently but an up-an-comer I rate. Can certainly play on clay and has a better mentality and serve than Kavcic. Can do the job here at a price. Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo v Albert Ramos Over 22 games AH @ 1.909 with Pinnacle 3pts This line feels too low. Two very similar players who have beaten each other in the past. Both will view it as a winnable encounter and that should keep it fairly tight. Neither man is supremely talented but both graft away and will value the chance to make R2 of a 500 series. I would have expected this line to be higher, maybe around the O23, so more than happy to play a generous O22 line at nice enough odds. :hope

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Cuevas - Anderson 1 @1,45 Monaco - Dimitrov 1 @1,31 Monty - Gabba 1 @1,25 Granollers - Brands 1 @1,40 GGL - Istomin 1 @1,48 @4,9 and I will mix in doubles and triples @Atko mentioned almost everything about Monaco and Cuevas, and I completely agree... real clay-court players against not so good players who doesn't like clay a lot... monty is top10 on clay for me, gabba had some good matches in miami, but i don't respect him so much on clay. albert should go in next round without troubles. granollers lost on the begining of the season on clay for him, but he had so hard matchup with almugro, but he likes this surface. brands has many lost matches in a row in last 2 months,he is playing verry bad and clay isn't his favourite. denis is awfull at clay, i did't know how he steal set from gasquet. and guillermo is ok, well serve, so hard FH, local boy :lol i think he will skip denis

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Big card tomorrow, will be taking a few. (4/10) J.Monaco/G.Dimitrov - Under 21.5 games @ 1.97 at Pinnacle I like the young talent, but he is not there yet. Monaco wants to turn his bad start to the season around and this is a great opportunity on a surface he usually does well one. He is better in every department really and he can bounce back from the loss against Tsonga with a good win here. (4/10) K.Nishikori (-3) to bt. P.Riba @ 1.83 at Pinnacle There is a gap in talent between these two guys. Riba can play on clay, but Nishikori has so much more potential. He beat Fish, Cuevas and Andreev in Houston and all those guys are better than Riba. Would set a 4 games handicap on this one, so have to take three games really. (4/10) A.Dolgopolov to bt. N.Davydenko @ 1.79 at Pinnacle I stopped trusting Davydenko after that performance against Haase in Monte Carlo. If he wanted rankings points, he would have been at his best in the Masters tournament. This will be a tough match-up for him as Dolgopolov is a huge talent and hungry for success. He does not mind clay really and had some good results on the surface last year. (3/10) K.Barrois to bt. L.Safarova @ 3.55 at Bwin I agree with Psycho, but I will take the outright win at bwin. The reason for this is that Safarova may have health problems and that can lead to a retirement early on. She pulled out of the Fed Cup, since she got hurt during a training session. That was a few days ago, so I do not think she is fully fit. If she would be, she would have played in the Fed Cup tie for sure.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April

Alexandra Dulgheru v Daniela Hantuchova Alexandra Dulgheru @ 1.80 with bet365 I think the bookies are thinking wrong here. Hantuchova have just recently on sunday played two hard matches in Fed cup against Jankovic in both singles and doubles. Alexandra Dulgheru will be more rested and prepared for this and it's also clay in Stuttgart (indoors) which she prefers both in or out ofcourse. :hope
Four-fold bet365 81.93 Dolgopolov 2-0 2.87 Dulgheru 2-0 3.00 Bellucci 2-1 4.00 Rosenborg 2.37 Stake 20€ :hope

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April I'm taking one for now, maybe some more in the morning. Teymuraz Gabashvili vs Albert Montanes- Montanes -4.5 handicap- 11/10 Bet365- (5/10) Price has just dropped to evens on this one a minute ago and expect it to fall quite a bit more over the coming hours. Fancy the Spaniard here on his favoured surface over a Gabashvili who really hasn't got going this year in the atp events, nor in the challengers. He got beat by Sweeting last week and before that a guy ranked outside he top 300 beat him on the clay which was an extremely poor result for the Russian. He can often go missing in matches with his mental state of mind being vulnerable at times and Montanes is extremely content on the clay and should pick him off. He hasn't been at his best this season but he has beaten the likes of Fognini and Malisse on the clay, both players who I'd fancy over Gabashvili. They've played twice, both won in straight sets by the Spaniard, and he hammered the Russian on clay back in 08, losing just 3 games that day. Wouldn't be a massive suprise if something similiar was repeated. Handicap at a good price for the Spaniard looks decent to me.

Sport Tennis
Event Tomas Bellucci vs. Santiago Giraldo
Selection Bellucci (-1.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 18/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00
Reasoning Well, neither of these players have been impressive recently as both have more defeats that wins in their latest games, so first fact to mentionate here is the form which is not at the best for anyone. Santiago Giraldo will play his first game here as Thomaz Bellucci, so in such situation you can never know in which direction will go the game as this will going to be just the first game of a new tournament for both players. Speaking about the qualities of these two players I would like to mentionate that it is Thomaz Bellucci without any doubts the more complete player, Bellucci is a more talented player than Santiago Giraldo. The bookies have rated very closed the odds here because of the last game between these two players from Auckland (NZL) when it was Giraldo the player on the court who had the game into control. There are no doubts that in the game from Auckland (NZL) Santago Giraldo has been purely the better player on the court, but lets just not analyze the class difference between two players only after one game. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Andrey Golubev vs. Victor Hanescu
Selection Golubev
Strength 10/10
Date 18/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 1.95
Reasoning Well, Andrey Golubev has already three defeats in a row, a reason enough for why the bookies have rated these two players with almost equal chances. Aa a player Andrey Golubev possess more nad better qualities than the romanian player Victor Hanescu who has a better record recently. Hanescu did played some nice tennis at Casablancabut that I will say that only due to the fact that he has been in the competition for three rounds cause certain on the court he didn't impressed too much with the stability. Hanescu has lost recently from Gonzalez in a game where he was in the position of the favourite. Andrey Golubev's situation at first sight looks like quite a bad one, but I just have to mentoionate that his latest four games were all closed ones where he had his chances of winning, of course besides Novak Djokovic's game. Golubev has lost from Pere Riba-Madrid, Kohlschreiber and Dodig, of course that he lacked the good concentration in these games, but lets not forget that he has been competitive. With other words, Hanescu as Golubev is not playing his best tennis recently, so both players are not at the best point right now, but there is a meaningful difference in class between them two, so I think that certain the difference in class should have the word for Golubev in this game. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Just the one more for me then today over in Stuggart. Kristina Barrois vs Lucie Safarova- Over 20.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Took the overs between these two a few weeks back and it was covered with ease and happy to back it again today. Safarova is yet to play on the clay this year so she'll need time to adjust to the surface in Germany which could take some time. The German won one match over in Marbella before getting beat by Errani but I'd fancy her enough her to make it competitive like she has done in the 2 meetings between the players. Both matches have gone to 3 sets, with each player winning one a piece. Fancy it to be another tight one here and one tie break in either set could near enough cover the overs itself.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April :lol No sooner in saying that I've taken a further two. Lots of different bets around today, should be an interesting day. Kevin Anderson vs Pablo Cuevas- Cuevas -3.5 handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Agree with Atko on this one. Would be a completely different match on a quicker surface but on the clay, Anderson doesn't get as many cheap points through his serve due to the slower conditions which in truth, takes away a large chunk of his threat. Atko also alluded to the big man's movement on the clay which isn't easy for the South African but he'll be forced to move around quite a bit today as Cuevas should dominate the majority of points. He had a decent week in Houston, making the semis whilst Anderson has only played one match on the clay this year, losing to Fognini in Monte-Carlo. Cuevas should have too much for big Kev here and a break in both sets would ensure the handicap. Fabio Fognini vs Simone Vagnozzi- Over 21.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Only one thing that Fognini matches say to me at the minute- overs. Amazingly, 17 of his 21 matches have covered the overs which even for the most stamina endurant man in the world is an incredible stat. His results in truth have been good though. Made the semis in Santiago and the quarters in Casablanca were pretty good efforts by the Italian. His Italian counterpart has already won a couple of qualfiers in Barcelona so he'll have adjusted to the conditions by now and should give Fognini a game like he has done in the pair's past 2 meetings in 06 and 07 which Vagnozzi actually won both times. The main thing there though is that both matches went to 3 sets like so many of Fognini's matches. Everything to me screams overs here and I'll take it and hope the trend of lengthy matches continues.

Sport Tennis
Event Tomas Bellucci vs. Santiago Giraldo
Selection Bellucci (-1.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 18/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00
Reasoning Well' date=' neither of these players have been impressive recently as both have more defeats that wins in their latest games, so first fact to mentionate here is the form which is not at the best for anyone. Santiago Giraldo will play his first game here as Thomaz Bellucci, so in such situation you can never know in which direction will go the game as this will going to be just the first game of a new tournament for both players. Speaking about the qualities of these two players I would like to mentionate that it is Thomaz Bellucci without any doubts the more complete player, Bellucci is a more talented player than Santiago Giraldo.
Why do you write first game as Bellucci? You mean Bellucci have'nt played in Barcelona before when he was in the quarterfinal last year?

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April I like Benoit Paire to beat 19-year-old wild card Pablo Carreno Busta - 4/6 bet365 Paire gave a good account of himself against Oliver Rochus last week and then came through qualifying in Barcelona. I'm not really sure that Busta should be here as he's not even an established challenger player yet. He lost in the first round in Rome last week to Schoorel, who I think is worse than Paire, who should be able to establish himself in the top 75 this year.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Hi guys, 3 picks for tournaments starting today: ATP BARCELONA: MONACO TO DEFEAT DIMITROV @ 1.42 betfair ATP BARCELONA: CHELA TO DEFEAT GASQUET @ 3.1 betfair WTA FES: POUS TIO TO DEFEAT BRIANTI @1.35 betfair Sure, Dimitrov has been marked as the next Federer and he has a similar game to him with big forehand and good serve but I want to see Dimitrov to win one match against a top clay courter before that. Chela is so consistent - not sure that Gasquet will be able to hit so many winners against him on slow clay in Barcelona. Pous Tio is a good solid clay courter against an out-of-form opponent.

I like Benoit Paire to beat 19-year-old wild card Pablo Carreno Busta - 4/6 bet365 Paire gave a good account of himself against Oliver Rochus last week and then came through qualifying in Barcelona. I'm not really sure that Busta should be here as he's not even an established challenger player yet. He lost in the first round in Rome last week to Schoorel, who I think is worse than Paire, who should be able to establish himself in the top 75 this year.
How do you know this young Bust wont play his socks off to win? We don't know mutch about this wildcard. I think I be careful to bet on Paire.
Hi guys, 3 picks for tournaments starting today: ATP BARCELONA: MONACO TO DEFEAT DIMITROV @ 1.42 betfair ATP BARCELONA: CHELA TO DEFEAT GASQUET @ 3.1 betfair WTA FES: POUS TIO TO DEFEAT BRIANTI @1.35 betfair Sure, Dimitrov has been marked as the next Federer and he has a similar game to him with big forehand and good serve but I want to see Dimitrov to win one match against a top clay courter before that. Chela is so consistent - not sure that Gasquet will be able to hit so many winners against him on slow clay in Barcelona. Pous Tio is a good solid clay courter against an out-of-form opponent.
I agree about CHela.. I have a feeling Gasquet won't be up for this and Chela likes to be underdog I've heard him say. It suits him these days.

How do you know this young Bust wont play his socks off to win? We don't know mutch about this wildcard. I think I be careful to bet on Paire.
Quite simply, I don't. I think the odds make it worth a play though, given the difference in class. Those who are looking to oppose Gasquet - did you not think that he looked pretty good in Monte Carlo last week? I thought that his defeat to Nadal was as good as he's looked against a top 4 player in a long time. Chela looks a bit tired to me. He retired against Schwank in Acapulco and has only won once in four since then. Think it could be a straight sets win for the Frenchman.

I like Benoit Paire to beat 19-year-old wild card Pablo Carreno Busta - 4/6 bet365 Paire gave a good account of himself against Oliver Rochus last week and then came through qualifying in Barcelona. I'm not really sure that Busta should be here as he's not even an established challenger player yet. He lost in the first round in Rome last week to Schoorel, who I think is worse than Paire, who should be able to establish himself in the top 75 this year.
Odds on Paire have moved dramatically at bet365. I took him at 4/6 this morning, went out to 8/11 and the match is about to start with him at 4/9 - must have been a fair bit gambled on him in the last hour or so.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 April Have taken the -2.5 games line on Garcia-Lopez @4/5 after the first game of the match. I don't particularly rate Istomin on any surface but clay is by far his worst, while GGL can get his serve working for him with a partizan crowd behind him. I wasn't willing to take the -4.5 earlier in the day nor the -3.5 at the start of the match, but I'll take -2.5 all day long.