Flat Sunday - Navan

It's a bit of a flat Sunday with no 'proper' racing in the UK.........:rollin Thank God for ireland ! Couple of nice races at Navan 4.05 - Fame and Glory - win Not worth backing at prohibitive odds. I though of recommending a 'lay' on the basis that I laid him (in the LotD comp) on his seasonal debut last year and he was beaten at odds of 2/5 Buit the O'Brien team seems a bit more forward this year and this looks a much weaker race than last year's debut 4.35 - Kirinda - win One for the AW boys here This horse has only had the one run - at Dundalk on the AW. But comfortably won that day with Empowering in 2nd. She went on to easily win the 1000 Gns trial and is a leading fancy for the classics Should be well suited by the step up to 10F and looks an exciting prospect for the top middle distance races this year for the Aga Khan and John Oxx

Re: Flat Sunday - Navan Navan 15:30 - Danziger (Lay) @ Betfair SP 2pt liability One of three runners here with racecourse experience and from what we know he is the one to beat. However their are 11 unraced horses in this who could be anything coming from good stables who fire out winners FTO. Danziger was 2nd on debut in a close finish, the 3rd horse has disappointed since over the same trip finishing 10 lengths off NTO. The form of that race doesn't necessarily scream out at you and at under 2/1 I think this would be more profitable to lay long term. Navan 16:35 - Gemstone (Lay) @ Betfair SP 2pt liability O'Brien's filly looks worth taking on with plenty unexposed horses in the field, Gemstone has had the most career runs and although she posted a decent 2nd in a Group 3 LTO I think more than one of these has the potential to be better. Kirinda won easily FTO and 2nd Empowering won NTO in Group 3 company so that form looks very strong. 5 or 6 others in the field who could improve too so happy to take on Gemstone here.