UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April

Re: UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April

The problem is M.United was as expected, Schalke wasnt :) At least for me... !
Who was expecting anything form Shalke anyway?they are mistake,that's all.i would rather see teams like Porto,Shakhtar,CSKA then Shalke.Overarted team and will be crashed again in second leg with no chance at all.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man United have not received the Most Booking Points in any of their 10 champions league games thus far. Man United's opponents have received the most cards/ booking points in 8 out of 10 of their games. Also Man United have not received a single card in 4 of their 5 away games in the champions league. All of these facts I have gathered based on my research on Man United's games in the Champions League point to one obvious bet for me, that being: 6pts Man United to win the Booking Points Match Bet @ 1.91 BlueSquare GL all :hope
Nice and easy! Schalke got 2 cards, United only got 1 card. :beer:beer:beer Gratz to all other winners!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April Bet should have been won in the first half, Schalke were piss, Man Utd need to be more clinical in their finishing. Overall good wins :ok

Its a tough one to call, market indications are that the majority of people expect this to be a low scoring affair. I do not think Schalke have the experience still at this level regardless of other results, and Fergie is a smart guy, they can soak up attacks and be lethal on the attack, he will know what to expect, this team dont want to go to old trafford without a lead. I expect this to be how the game pans out, with Man Utd being deadly on the counter attack, getting a goal, and schalke panicking and falling to pieces. Man Utd win (2.32) Betfair Over 2.5 Goals (2.56) Betfair Lay Raul to score (3.45)

Who was expecting anything form Shalke anyway?they are mistake' date='that's all.i would rather see teams like Porto,Shakhtar,CSKA then Shalke.Overarted team and will be crashed again in second leg with no chance at all.[/quote'] You are right that nobody expected much from Schalke and almost every Schalke backer stated it in their previews (inluding me). But many CL and LE games this season proved that backing the underdog could be quite profitable and its great fun meanwhile because the odds in some of these games were more than tasty e.g. Schalke games, Braga games, Dynamo's home game vs Man City. But I would disagree that Schalke are mistake and overrated, overperforming yes but not overrated. Germans met defensively poor teams in the previous stages and they took advantage of it, that's why they came where they are atm. Would you call Man Utd mistake if they get trashed in the CL final which is likely to happen no matter Real or Barca will oppose them? Well done to all United backers :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Schalke v Manchester United > Tuesday 26 April Well done to all the under 2.5 and Man Utd backers - Should have been 4-0 Man Utd at 1/2 time, cant complain though, excellent result, all we need now is a win in the final, hope its barca so we can outpass and score them, play them like we did the mighty Schalke tonight. I agree u cant underestimate any team in the semi of the CL, but who they played and beat at best, Inter (spurs drew 4-4 was it not at home, 3-3, cant mind), and the mighty valencia, woo. Totally played of the park, man Utd are currently the greatest team in the world, how anyone could back Schalke, I really do not know, answers on a postcard.

Real management are bunch of idiots, that's the reason. Raul had his diapers with Real Madrid logo, he played football ONLY in real and under no circumstances players like him are not released. Milan kept Maldini till he retired, Totti and Del Piero are another examples. P.S. Sorry for being off topic.
im a huge fan of RM for yrs, but i cant understand the godlike status of raul... he was great, there is no doubt, but madrid has so many better players... he is old and he wanted new challanges, because to be honest he had no other choice... he had a few nice games in champ. l., but yesterday he was invisible... and thats how his story ends... (last nights game also shows, how inter underestimated schalke.. because manu came prepared...) :beer ;)

I agree with this, I don't see goals in this game. Experience counts for so much at this stage and United have played games like this more often than virtually anybody, I would be staggered if they conceded more than one. Its (another) perfect draw for United with the second leg at home. I think United are probably in the worse state they have been in years, they have an ageing squad and have performed poorly in the Premiership to the point where it feels like they have won the league by default because of the awful sides chasing them. But they are very likely to win the league, reached the semi finals of the FA Cup and have a very good chance of reaching the CL Final. The more people slate them (me included) the more they do just enough to win, we haven't seen the swaggering Utd side of previous years, this side is basically the same as previous years minus Ronaldo and Tevez two of the worlds best players, so that is to be expected. Ferguson has adapted the side and they are very solid in games like this and they will be looking to ride out the early storm and have enough talent to hit get a away goal, I would love to see Schalke get through but the only chance they have is if they win to nil tonight and play the games of their lives in the return game, two things I can't see happening. Schalke did well to beat Inter but lets be honest this isn't last seasons Inter, the defending for a few of the goals in the first leg was farcical and Inter looked a poor outfit all over, they won't get as many gifts tonight. You have to respect the fact that they have beaten some good sides at home in Benfica, Valencia and Lyon but none of these sides are at Uniteds level in Europe. I think any of 0-0, 0-1, 1-1 are good bets, I won't be backing anything tonight though. IMO you can only defy league form for so long. GL All..
Didn't really call it right in terms of scoreline but Christ how bad were Schalke!? Don't think anybody expected a terrible performance like that, certainly was like men against boys, the most one sided semi final in the CL I can remember..Neuer the only one to emerge with any credit, proving again he is the best goalkeeper in the world, don't know if a transfer to Bayern has been agreed or not yet but Manu should be looking at him to replace VDS..

im a huge fan of RM for yrs, but i cant understand the godlike status of raul... he was great, there is no doubt, but madrid has so many better players... he is old and he wanted new challanges, because to be honest he had no other choice... he had a few nice games in champ. l., but yesterday he was invisible... and thats how his story ends... (last nights game also shows, how inter underestimated schalke.. because manu came prepared...) :beer ;)
Raul has a God like status because he had a 1 in 2 scoring record for R Madrid over 16 years! Mourinho wanted to keep him when he went there but Raul didn't want to play 3rd choice, but as the season has panned out with the injury to Higuain and the poor form of Benzema he would have got plenty of playing time, no one connected with Real Madrid says anything other than good things about the man. If you don't understand his reputation amongst Real fans I suggest you understand the history of the club a bit more.

Schalke v Manchester United - No Goal Before 34:00 @ 5/6 - Bet365 (6/10) Under 2,5 goals are plenty short tonight so I am going to take a different route. We all know how United will set up, they will soak up the opening exchanges and then look to hit on the counter which has been the story of their Champions League on the road with great success. They have netted late goals against Valencia (85'), Bursaspor (48', 73' and 77'), Rangers (87') and took a goalless draw back to Old Trafford against Marseille. The only game that bucked the trend was the game against Chelsea when Rooney netted on the 24th minute. Tonight's battle could be between Rangnick and Ferguson tactically rather then the players on the pitch. Both side's will want to still be in with a chance come the second leg so expect a nervy, cagey opening with a bit of magic the only way of making this a loser tonight.
Dodged a few bullets but got there in the end. :ok