THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling

Nade

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling

Ill take a risk and not withdraw my money just yet. Or is that something to do with the fact only got a small amount and they wont let me got to verify who I am.
I think the min withdraw from stars is $80 staffy, i know you are close to it and with your FPP bonus you should have the funds to withdraw

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the min withdraw from stars is $80 staffy' date=' i know you are close to it and with your FPP bonus you should have the funds to withdraw[/quote'] No mate I need to verify who I am they been asking for a while just not got round to it. Dont know why been a member there for years and withdrawn in the past.

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling I was able to withdraw to Neteller last night but although they refunded what I had deposited most recently, the payment of my profit was more problematic, and I received the following email: *** Hello HectorMcG, This email is to notify you that the following cashout via Neteller was rejected. Cashout request time: 2011/04/15 Cashout amount: USD xxx.xx Neteller cashout transaction ID: xxxxxxxxx The amount of USD xxx.xx has been credited back to your PokerStars account balance. If you have any further questions regarding this transaction, please contact "PokerStars Cashier" . Best regards, PokerStars Payments Team *** All seems better, and they sent a second email *** Hello HectorMcG, We regret to inform you that due to a technical issue, your recent Neteller cashout request was rejected in error. Transaction #: xxxxxxxxx Amount: $xxx.xx Date: April 15, 2011 The funds have now been re-credited to your PokerStars account. Please feel free to make a new cashout request from within the Cashier. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. Best regards, PokerStars Payment Services *** so I've tried to withdraw to Neteller again, and got the usual "wait 72 hours for Security to review" reply. I'll post again if there are any changes

My opinion? if you are a regular listener of my show, you know I warned people 6 months ago to now to not leave too much money on the sites. I knew this was coming based on my talk with a Lawyer connected to The DOJ. To be clear, neither myself or Mike had anya PRIOR first hand knowledge this would occur.. What can we expect now? First off, in spite of what FTP and PS says, this does effect players beyond The USA. 76 Bank accounts have been frozen by The Feds in 14 countries world wide. Simply put, these sites cannot meet any cash out demands because these assets, along with more assets, are frozen and will be frozen. I expect legit payment processors to ” run for cover” and distance themselves from FTP and PS. Now FTP issued a statement claiming they beleive online poker is legal, as do ” some of the best legal minds in The USA”.. Well, SO DO I!! but this is not about online poker in and of itself, but offshore sites engageing in alleged money laundering and fraud, in order to CIRCUMVENT THE UIEGA, tricking banks to process these payments, when The UIEGA clearly states it is illegal for them to do so, WILLINGLY, KNOWLINGLY! In my opinion, the only chance FTP and PS has to beat this case, is for their attorneys to argue that the UIEGA in and of itself is unconstitutional. The Federal Reserve is supposed to be the oversite with jurisdiction. How can a privately held institution like The Fed have this kind of authority? Also, it appears to be a violation of “equal protection under the law” Article 9, I beleive. Why were some Sports betting and horse racing sites in The USA and abroad allowed to have their payment processors process these bets, wheras online Poker sites were not? Having said all of this, it is likely you will not see your money ever again. It will be seized by The USA GOV, just like they seize alleged Drug dealers money and possesions. I also beleive The USA will claim that the very servers themselves the sites use to run the games, were built and maintained from “illegal and illicit gains”, therefore they will seize those servers with the aid of foreign countries where the servers reside, and effective shut down FTP and PS indefinetly world wide. I have more to say in the coming days over this issue so stay tuned! Scott
Scott Matusow :puke

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling On one of the latest PAD eps where the top FullTilt players are playing a PLO cash game Brandon Adams said something like he's amazed so many people keep a lot of money online and said it must be for ego-boosting staking opportunities - he's an economics professor at Harvard so i'm sure he has a few connections and wonder if he knew something but couldn't express it in normal terms so as not to scare-monger to protect his site. Worth a thought.

cant open Full tilt anymore' date=' the Pokerroom, so I guess my money is gone[/quote'] Don't lose hope so fast. I think we're still ok, here's a press announcement from FTP: To The International Poker Community (Outside Of The United States): Pursuant to the press release you have all received regarding the recent charges against Full Tilt Poker’s CEO, please be aware that this does not in any way effect Full Tilt Poker’s services outside of the United States. This matter is only relevant to the United States and is U.S. specific only. It in no way affects your ability to play safe and secure online poker in your country. We continue to be dedicated to the best online poker experience. It is business as usual and we hope you continue to enjoy playing at Full Tilt Poker."

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling Wynn Terminates Alliance With PokerStars Following Indictments Wynn Resorts announced it has terminated a planned alliance with the world’s largest online poker room, PokerStars. The two companies made their announcement less than two weeks ago. Michael Weaver, a spokesman for Wynn Resorts, made the announcement late Friday that it had terminated its alliance as a result of a criminal indictment.

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling This is the Pokerscout take on the initial impact on volume: Full Tilt Poker traffic down 40% from last week, Cereus Network down 20%, Bodog up 21%, PartyPoker up 6%, iPoker Network up 10%, Ongame Network up 3% PokerStars traffic down 18% from last Saturday

Withdrew from FT yesterday. Just came back declined :eyes.
I withdrew from FT and it arrived in Neteller immediately. My withdraw from Pokerstars is pending review for up to 48 hours (I'm guessing it will be more given the number of reviews they'll have to make!!!) What reason did FT give for declining your withdrawal?

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling Stars is making me wait 72 hours :unsure Part of an e-mail from Pokerstars yesterday: Credits applied back to previous deposits are processed immediately while cashouts that are more than the total amount deposited must be reviewed by our security department before being processed. Please allow up to 72 hours to receive this portion of your cashout.

I withdrew from FT and it arrived in Neteller immediately. My withdraw from Pokerstars is pending review for up to 48 hours (I'm guessing it will be more given the number of reviews they'll have to make!!!) What reason did FT give for declining your withdrawal?
Mine was to MB. Your withdrawal request has been declined. Please review your personal account information to ensure that it is the same as the information stored with your payment processor. You may correct any of your personal information and try again. If you are still unsuccessful, you may wish to try one of the other available withdrawal methods. I have just tried again and it says I can not withdraw and to try later.

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling Saturday 19:19 PokerStars announces decrease in prizepools PokerStars have recently released an update to the guaranteed prizepools of some of their biggest tournaments. This is what they'll look like now: Nightly Hundred Grand => $70,000 guarantee Nightly Seventy Grand => $30,000 guarantee Wednesday Quarter Million => $100,000 guarantee Sunday Million => $1 million guarantee (down from $1.5 million) Sunday 2nd Chance => $125,000 guarantee (down from $200,000) Sunday 500 => $250,000 guarantee (down from $500,000)

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling my money still in nowhere land, i wish it would be declined than i would know at least where it is I thought americans not can play anymore on tilt? Currently playing a freeroll there, and there are quite a few in and not on sitout

Re: THE major Poker sites and their owners charged with illegal gambling they not on sitout, just chatted with one, he said he cant do anything though, only play freeroll or playmoney games, not even can buy in with fpp in tourneys or steps and cant even open cashier, he seemed quite frustrated, which i can understand