Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011

kevshat

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 One for me this afternoon. 1pt ew R.Jadeja Top Kochi Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Ravindra Jadeja is going pretty well in this IPL so far. He top scored in the last game against Pune after the Kochi top order had been blown away and similar could happen today. Kochi's top order are going to have to negotiate Lasith Malinga which could mean a couple of cheaply and could also mean that if all goes to plan Jadeja would come in at 5 or 6 not chasing much and playing against the lesser bowlers like Pollard and the medium pacers. He's got 23* and 47 in the competition so far and were Kochi wanting to bring in an overseas bowler to strengthen that area, perhaps a Perera or someone then Brad Hodge would be the one to make way which could see Jadeja go up the order a spot at get more time at the crease. He's a decent price to top score here with the ew terms and I'm happy to take the 7's.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Zero performance points for Pollard today means a long overdue winner. -18.54 for the tournament. Not going anywhere near the first game tomorrow. Literally can't pick anything with confidence. One for the second match though: - 5pts Most Sixes: Deccan Chargers @ 11/10 (General) I look at this Kings XI side and I genuinely don't see many NATURAL big hitters of the cricket ball. Gilchrist and Marsh stand out immediately but those two have been out of nick alot lately and they also bat early on, when there are never that many sixes anyway. Their middle order Kartik, Nayar, Sunny Singh and Ryan Mclaren is not saying a great deal at all. Paul Valthaty is another player who will definitely feature in their top seven tomorrow fresh off the back of his amazing century last time out. His 123 run knock featured 21 boundaries, but only 2 sixes. If you look around at other teams, they generally all have players who can naturally smash that ball anywhere. Pollard, Pathan, De Villiers, Taylor etc. Kings don't. Deccan on the other hand do have a few players who can clear the ropes and have done already this tournament. They've won their 'Sixes Matchbet' as it were in every one of their three matches so far and with Dhawan, Sanga, Chipli, Duminy, Cameron White, Dan Christian you'd expect them to make it four in four tomorrow. The bowling attacks of each team also aid this nicely. Pune warriors only needed to chase 112 against Kings in #5 of the tournament and they creamed four from this Kings bowling attack, whilst Chennai whacked six the other day. When you look at their line up Harris looks like their main threat, but Kumar, Mclaren & Chawla can all go. Their fifth bowler Nayar has bowled 5 overs in this tournament for 49. Kings will face Dale Steyn first up and he will more than likely be paired with Ishant Sharma who has been very impressive in all three matches. Dan Christian will bowl a few and if Ohja is recalled, he will bowl in tandem with Amit Mishra who combined were the two most successful bowlers of IPL3. This bet just makes sense to me and provided there are no drastic batting collapses, Deccan should take this.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 +8.44 for me so far. 1pt ew V.Rao Top Delhi Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Venugopal Rao has made the most of his move from Deccan Chargers so far, coming 2nd in Delhi's first match and then top scoring in their last match against the Rajasthan Royals hitting 60 off just 40 balls. He took Shaun Tait head on and had a real go at him with plenty of success in that match so there isn't going to be a lot in this Pune attack which worries him. Pune do however have the attack to get him in even though he'll bat at 6 although he could be pushed up the order given his good form in the tournament so far. Rao's without doubt Delhi's most in form batsman thus far and at 7/1 with the ew terms in play I'm happy to be on him to top score again this morning.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 -23.84. -6pts Total Sixes: Over 7.5 (Deccan Chargers vs Delhi Daredevils) @ 5/6 (via WillHill) Is it me or does this line look mad low? Deccan fxcked me last time out with the number of sixes they hit. They smash five sixes in each of their first three matches so I tip them to repeat it again and they only hit three. It was annoying as hell but the fact is, they have a line-up that can clear the ropes and have done quite a bit this tournament. I don't even need to get started on Delhi. If one of Warner, Sehwag, Marsh, Rao, Finch or even Hopes comes off, this will be done by them alone. Last match out, they smashed nine. After a really poor start to the tournament they chased a mammoth 188 and they should take some confidence from that. Looking at the bowling line-ups, there's not really much to suggest that there won't be a few tomorrow so I'll play here with moderate confidence. In the one match at the Feroz Shah so far in this tournament, 95 played 99 so there were not that many. Looking back at the World Cup though, there were quite a few hit in some pretty low-scoring matches, I'm happy to be on the overs side here.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 - 4pts Rajasthan Royals (vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore) @ 11/8 (via Boyles) No idea why RCB are so short to win this. Ahead of the tournament, I would've said that a middle order of Dilshan, Kohli, De Villiers & Tiwary would cause some major damage. Back that up with bowling from Vettori and Zaheer and they'll be up there with the best. Yet they find themselves bottom of the table and having the worst net run rate. Captaincy is very important in Twenty20 cricket and I think that Rajasthan have probably the best skipper going in Shane Warne. Their squad isn't laden with talent but Warne should have Dravid and Botha back tomorrow and that should strengthen the side significantly. Generally the ground here at the Chinnaswamy is good to bat on but in Shaun Tait and Warne himself they have potent wicket takers. If Tait snags one in his opening spell, the Challengers will be under serious pressure again. Definitely think this one is closer than the odds suggest so I'm happy to be with the Royals. I think Kolkata are going to win the thing. They've been immensely unlucky going up against them twice in a row with a weakened side so they should look to the Challengers to get them back to winning ways. Take them at this price nicely.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Decent looking max double for me today Delhi DD to beat Deccan 4/6 Bangalore to beat Rajasthan 4/6 Delhi finally game to the show vs Pune, after jinking the batting order around by moving Finch down and bringing in Hopes, they look to have hitters late on as well as the explosive openers. Deccan's batsman haven't done loads so far in the tournament however Dale Steyn has been bowling fast and getting plenty of movement, however dont think the Kotla wicket will see him at his best. Momentum for Sehwag's lads. Plus its about time Irfan Pathan justified his lofty auction fee. RCB have been really good or really bad so far, depending on Kohli and De Villiers so far for the bulk on their runs, however Tiwary and Pujara are fine players who are due a knock. Rajasthan's look a better team at home, however i cant ignore the manner in which they were rolled over vs KKR. Warne has a real dilema, leave Botha out or Taylor? ideally he should sit out himself to let Watson/Taylor/Botha/Tait be the overseas players but this aint going to happen, Obviously im taking a chance on the wiley skills of Zaheer and guile of Vettori to take the destroyer of Bangladesh out early on. :ok

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 The second game at Bangalore has now been officially called off after excessive rain. I'm pleased actually because a reduced game of 5-overs a side would've just been silly and horrible for punters. Fortunately for me Morne Morkel hit a six off his first ball to bring in the sixes. Unlucky I suppose with your double there Wongy; this Delhi side is all over the place right now. +5.00 for the day.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Despite Pune looking value for the win at 2.40 I'm not getting involved. The owner of the Royal Challengers Bangalore has just tweeted this though which should be very interesting. He comes in to replace the injured Dirk Nannes.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 10pts Royals to beat Kings XI at 11/10 with B365 Had a bit of time off with the IPL due to bad start etc and to reassess my strategy/evaluate all teams after seeing them play a bit more. Have decided to get back involved today with a big play on the Royals to beat Kings XI. I feel these odds are as they are due to the last 2 performances of each side. Royals started brilliantly in the tournament but were then thrashed twice by KKR. Conversely the Kings started awful but then chased down 2 big scores against Chennai and Deccan. Initially these odds would definitely have been the other way round, hence I feel that there is huge value to be had here. I feel that the Kings XI bowling attack lacks variation. Harris, Kumar, Mclaren are all decent bowlers on their day but they can also struggle when the ball doesn't swing. You feel that the likes of Dravid, Watson, and Taylor will enjoy this type of bowling more so than they did the spin attack of KKR. Chawla and Valthaty are likely to make up the bowling, neither of whom I particularly rate/would be willing to back in this format. Both are liable to being expensive you feel. As for the Kings XI batting, Valthaty has been a revelation so far and has been crucial in both big chases. Gilchrist showed some form against Deccan, but you still get the feeling that he is well past his best. Beyond that they are still really to be tested and are still potentially liable to a collapse. In Botha and Warne, Royals have 2 bowlers who will more than likely put the squeeze on in the middle overs. Will Kings XI be able to deal with this likely pressure? IMO no, especially if the Royals have taken an early wicket or 2. I feel that the Kings XI will always be behind hence chasing the game in this contest. Therefore at these odds I am happy to take a big stab on the Royals to get back to winning ways.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Unlucky there mate, definitely didn't expect Kings to post the biggest score of the tournament so far. You got time to turn it around though. -18.84 for me and will go with one tomorrow. It comes in the early game. - 3pts Highest First Six Overs: Royal Challengers Bangalore @ 11/10 (via Stan James) Recently, Kolkata have been very conservative in their first 6 overs when batting. They will open up tomorrow with Bisla and Kallis and I don't think that they will go out all guns blazing at all. Bisla has scored only 17 runs in his last two innings whilst Kallis has a much better 7 from his last two! Wickets are the best way at slowing down the run rate and if they continue their current form tomorrow this is money in the bank. RCB have brought in Chris Gayle into their side and that just means fireworks. He knows Eden Gardens like the back of his hand and if he gets as little as three overs in tomorrow, I can't look past the Challengers taking this one. Gayle will thrive off the pace Brett Lee serves up and will despatch anything loose from Shakib whilst Dilshan will be more than adept to do the same from the other end. Zaheer as we all know is a class act and a viable wicket-taking bowler whilst Dan Vettori is the third most economical bowler in the whole tournament right now and will cherish bowling on this track if it plays anything like it did the other day. Even without Gayle, I'd fancy RCB with the pragmatic Agarwal always able of fast starts but with his inclusion, I think this is boosted significantly. I'll play at 2.10 when it's as low as 1.83 elsewhere too.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011

Unlucky there mate, definitely didn't expect Kings to post the biggest score of the tournament so far. You got time to turn it around though. -18.84 for me and will go with one tomorrow. It comes in the early game. - 3pts Highest First Six Overs: Royal Challengers Bangalore @ 11/10 (via Stan James) Recently, Kolkata have been very conservative in their first 6 overs when batting. They will open up tomorrow with Bisla and Kallis and I don't think that they will go out all guns blazing at all. Bisla has scored only 17 runs in his last two innings whilst Kallis has a much better 7 from his last two! Wickets are the best way at slowing down the run rate and if they continue their current form tomorrow this is money in the bank. RCB have brought in Chris Gayle into their side and that just means fireworks. He knows Eden Gardens like the back of his hand and if he gets as little as three overs in tomorrow, I can't look past the Challengers taking this one. Gayle will thrive off the pace Brett Lee serves up and will despatch anything loose from Shakib whilst Dilshan will be more than adept to do the same from the other end. Zaheer as we all know is a class act and a viable wicket-taking bowler whilst Dan Vettori is the third most economical bowler in the whole tournament right now and will cherish bowling on this track if it plays anything like it did the other day. Even without Gayle, I'd fancy RCB with the pragmatic Agarwal always able of fast starts but with his inclusion, I think this is boosted significantly. I'll play at 2.10 when it's as low as 1.83 elsewhere too.
:clap Good Shout mate, although Zaheer Khan tried his best to derail it! :beer

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Thanks mate. Didn't watch the game myself but looks like it was a close one. Gayle though :notworthy +3.30 for today takes me to -15.54. Looking at tomorrows game though and I can't for the life of me work out why Delhi are priced as low as 1.67 to win. I mean, they're bottom of the league with a very out-of-sorts batting line up and they have prepared a pitch tomorrow that apparently has never been seen before in Twenty20 cricket. Infact the Feroz Shah curator has publicly stated that "We have prepared a green wicket unique to Twenty20 cricket. Never before will a Twenty20 be played on such a track with so much grass on it." That kind of unpredictability certainly doesnt favour backing a side at odds of 1.67 despite them doing this for good reason. Their seam-heavy bowling attack has been under fire for most of the tournament so far so it makes sense them trying to play them into some form with a seam friendly wicket, but the fact that Kings will open up with Ryan Harris and Praveen Kumar tomorrow plays into their hands too. Ryan Harris is Ryan Harris and Praveen Kumar, when on-song can find swing in the Sahara Desert. I definitely feel that this match is closer than the odds suggest. In Gilchrist and Valtathy too, they have probably the most solid opening partnership in the tournament. Valthaty is the current Orange Cup holder and Adam Gilchrist is Adam Gilchrist. In their last three matches together, they have put on opening stands of 61, 136 and 67. Sehwag and Warner have found form in recent weeks, with Warner in particular scoring well but you can't help but feel that one of them is always one shot away from stupidly getting themselves out. The Feroz Shah has never been a friendly wicket for the batsmen and if this pitch is as green as they say it is, it could be even tougher for two naturally aggressive players first up. My Bets: - 3pts Kings XI Punjab (vs Delhi Daredevils) @ 2.20 (via VC) - 3pts Highest Opening Partnership: Kings XI Punjab @ 2.10 (via Bet365) Having said all of the above, Sehwag and Warner will go and score 230/0 tomorrow off their twenty overs which would be a bit shit but I'm confident they won't. Keeping stakes low-ish to stay on the safe side of caution but we only need one to win for minimal profit. Fingers crossed Kings do the biz for me tomorrow.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Delhi post the third highest score in IPL history and also produce the highest opening partnership of the tournament so far :lol sigh. -21.54. Aiming to get that deficit down. Looking ahead to tomorrow and I can't help but feel Mumbai will win this one, especially at Hyderabad. Not even thinking of touching them at 1.50 though. Deccan are just ridiculously hit and miss and you get the impression they're going to need every one of their best players to hit if they're going to get anything out of tomorrows match. - 4pts Most Match Sixes: Mumbai Indians @ 11/10 (via Boyles) The track at Hyderabad has seem quite a few DLF maximums. There have been at least 8 in every single match there so far and with some big hitters expected to line up from Mumbai, I can't really look past them to hit more than the Chargers. I've said so far in this tournament that Deccan CAN hit sixes if they want to but annoyingly for me they never have when I need them to do so. Against Malinga, Munaf and a ridiculously in-form Harbhajan, I can't see them hitting many more tomorrow. If Mumbai bat first then I think this is a wrap. Sachin, Rayudu, Sharma, Symonds and Pollard is a great mix of power and touch and they would hit sixes against the best of bowling attacks. The middle order is where the power is and that is more than likely where they'll be facing the lesser quality bowling of part-timers like Dan Christian and Shikhar Dhawan. I fancy Mumbai here to hit the most sixes and I was a little surprised to see them at odds-against to do so. I guess the danger here is that Deccan bat first, post a lowish score and Tendulkar and co chase down at pedestrian rate, not really looking to go over the top that much. Still though, Kings hit 8 maximums last time chasing Deccan here and I'll play that a side with massive hitters like Mumbai will do the same.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Mumbai won the sixes 5-1 so -17.14. Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Opposing the Daredevils is something I'm not overly comfortable with doing. Leaving the grass on the pitch seemed to play beautifully into Delhi's hands the other day as they produced one of the biggest scores the IPL has ever seen and it enabled them to win their first game at home since 2008. The sheer unpredictability that follows them around is a fxckery that I'm not prepared to take on and despite me thinking that the Challengers might take this one, I just can't put money on it. - 5pts Total Sixes: Over 11.5 @ 5/6 (via WillHill) The pitch here at the Feroz Shah was a beauty to bat on though. Delhi will have no reason to revert back to the old tracks there and will keep the track that saw nearly 450 runs scored there in only 40 overs four days ago. There were TWENTY-THREE SIXES played out between Delhi and Kings that evening and when you think who is coming to town from the visitors today, you can't help but feel that there will be a similar number again this time out. Sehwag, Warner, Finch, Rao, Hopes will come out for the Delhi Darevils. Gayle, Dilhsan, Kohli and AB De Villiers will be on show from the Challengers. Fireworks are expected and I can only see several more sixes. There is obvious danger though. Sehwag and Warner put on 146 from 70 balls last time out but we have seen them so far in the tournament up to that point where they've fallen very cheaply (Sehwag in particular). It's not everyday that Gayle hits 102 off 55 balls too. He too can be extremely hit and miss and if he goes cheaply then there will be a lot less DLF's. Delhi have a very seam-heavy attack though and I'm sure the Challengers will get rid of any overpitched dobblers from them. Likewise Delhi will more than likely face 7 or 8 overs from Kolhi/Dilshan/Ninan which could be very painful. When you it all up, twelve maximums isn't too far out of reach and I feel that the line at WillHill has to be taken on. There is a little danger but at a ground that saw twenty three less than a week ago with arguably less attack-minded players than what we'll see today, a dozen seems pedestrian.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Two sixes short so the Win-one-Lose-one streak continues. Where has everyone gone too I've been the only one in here for almost a week! Anyway swerving the first game tomorrow and only playing with one in the second, it seems like every match that involves the Chargers, I hit the sixes market in one way shape or form. Tomorrow is no exception. - 4pts Sixes Matchbet: Kochi Tuskers (vs Deccan Chargers) @ 11/10 (General) Deccan have lost their way as the tournament has progressed. They're whole squad has only hit two fifties in six matches and Ishant Sharma and Pragyan Ohja have combined figures of 4-254 in all games. Not good enough. Despite me saying at the start of the tournament that they can hit sixes, they've again tailed off in recent games hitting only seven DLF's in their last three matches. Kochi on the other hand are a different proposition. Barring their last match where Rajasthan just shat all over them, they've hit a minimum of five in every match. Brendon Mccullum missed that match due to injury but I've had a look around and he is set to return tomorrow to open up against the Chargers. The ground at Kochi is a nice one for maximums too, there've been 10 in each of the games there so far and I think Kochi have the beating of the Chargers tomorrow. Mccullum, Parthiv, Jadeja, Hodge and even Mahela can all swing. Murali and co can keep it tight for them too in the bowling department. Kochi for me here.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Despite me not getting round to posting, I had a decent day today. Trying to get some kind of run together. For the early game tomorrow: - 4pts Kochi Tuskers (vs. Delhi Darevils) @ 5/4 (via Boyles) Two of the worst teams in the competition face-off tomorrow in Delhi and I'm siding with the visitors. These teams have a lot of similarites especially as they both depend pretty heavily on their top orders and have pretty awful bowling attacks. They are both in shocking form too with both sides having lost their last two! I am not a fan of Delhi's seam heavy bowling attack though. Ajit Agarkar leaks runs like a fxcking sieve & the rest comprising of Hopes, Pathan and Yadav just doesn't pack any potency. Barring Morne Morkel, they've been horribly average with the ball and the talent at the top of the Kochi order have the ability to take them apart. I'm not completely writing Delhi off though. Last time I went against them, they hit 231 fxcking runs. I like RP Singh and the fiery Sreeshanth opening up for Kochi though. If they find movement early up, they'll be dangerous. Sehwag and Warner have only fired once this tournament and to be truthfully honest I was very close to having UNDER 34 points for Sehwag at Bet365. I'll leave that one though and play on Kochi doing the business.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 anyone know why the Highest scoring over for tonights match Kolkata vs Punjab is only set at 15? its usually 21 for other matches >15 @ 3.00 just seems wrong, they have taken the market down once, before putting it back up at the same price

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 IPL Winner: Royal Challengers Bangalore; 6.50 Bet365 5 Units KKK a little bit underrated, and a few like Mumbai and Chennai Overrated. Chennai won last year because Raina was in great form, Dhoni was in great form too and them both made the IPL a reality for Chennai. This year Raina is not in form and Dhoni is not too. Hussey is making some good performances and Southee is making the job in bowling but they have lost 3 of 7 matches and dont look that hard. Mumbai depends so much in Tendulkar. He is the best batsman of India but not enough to win every single match they play, and Malinga made the job in the first matches but he is not going to be that good in every match he plays. Having seen them a few times, in my opinion they are less stronger than RCB or Kolkata. Kolkata is a very good team, this are my favourites with the RCB. They have payd much money for a few good players and this will end in winning the IPL in my opinion. Kallis, Gambhir and Yusuf are players who can win a match if they have a good day, and their bowling was horrible but with Brett Lee there is a difference because this makes you have 4 good overs and the rival has to score in 16 Overs. Is not the same thing to have just one more good bowler, than having any, there is huge difference in this point. Then Yusuf is bowling good and Balaji too, and we all know the hability of Kallis with the ball. RCB is the my other option. With Chris Gayle there is a good chance for them to win the IPL but ZaK was not looking motivated and Vettori was not the same Vettori we were used to see but the last matches have changed this thinking a bit. Batting line is fantastic, Dilshan is not getting the runs but he will, that should change, and Kohli is just awesome, and it will be difficult to maintain the same level in every match he plays. RCB already smashed KKK in Kolkata and I think they can make it this year. ------------------------------------------------ I took also Kolkata @ 6.00 Very strong teams both, I think we will have a good chance to trade and take good benefits with them.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Kochi threw away another match and gave Boyles more of my money in the process. If Jesse Ryder has a good game tomorrow, then I'm just going to have to have a drive to B&Q, find myself a spade, dig myself a hole and die. See below for an explanation: - 7pts Rajasthan Royals (vs. Pune Warriors) @ 8/11 [stan James] Pune have lost FIVE on the bounce and are bottom of the table half way through the tournament. They're horrible in the field and under Yuvraj Singh, they lack any proper leadership. I can't figure out how they're going to win tomorrow in Jaipur with a beleagured side lacking any confidence or hope of reaching the play-offs against a Rajasthan side who are in a nice spell of form having just come off the back of a convincing win against the mighty Mumbai Indians. The track at Rajasthans home ground has seen some pretty low scores there this term. Mumbai packed with all their might with the bat only mustered 90-odd whilst Kochi only got 109. Pune come here and lets face it the majority of their problems lie with the bat. They're too heavily reliant on a good foundation from Ryder and despite lacking any big names, they have some pretty decent options in their bowling attack to trouble this lot. Royals to heap more misery on the Warriors. - 4pts Highest Opening Partenership: Rajasthan Royals @ 10/11 [blueSq] Barring the last match against Bangalore, the Pune top order have failed miserably. Against Chennai, they were 41/4 off 7 overs. Against the same opponents a mere two days earlier, they were 40/4 after 5 and a half. Five days before that they were 17/4 after 4 overs. That's just not going to win you matches at all. Even last time out, their new opening pairing of Ryder and Paine failed when Paine got out cheaply for 8. They also don't take wickets early that often either. Gayle and Dilshan reached 57 before one of them fell whilst Chennai got to 19 and 64 before they Vijay/Hussey were parted in the two matches previous. Watson and Dravid should provide some form of stable foundation for the Royals to build on early up and I'll play that the Royals cop an early break through against a faltering opening pair at a nice price. - 6pts Player Performance: Jessie Ryder Under 42 @ 5/6 [bet365] Jessie Ryder can bowl but Yuvraj only really turns to him when he needs to fill overs in the middle of the 20. I can't see the big guy getting any wickets tomorrow so that effectively means Ryder getting 42 runs which I don't see him doing. Jaipur has proven to be a batting nightmare so far and the pressure on Ryder at the top of the Pune order is rather big. He is capable of scoring big like his half century in the last match and a 60 earlier on but previous scores of 19, 15, 12, 9 and 31 show he gets in alot and throws his wicket away. Ashok Menaria bowled imperiously in his first ever IPL match last time out and Ryder may look to get after him early just like Sachin did. If that happens, all it needs is a mistimed shot for Ryder to be sitting on the boundary preamturely and that's something he's done a fair bit so far this tournament. Unders for me.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011

WIN - 7pts Rajasthan Royals (vs. Pune Warriors) @ 8/11 [stan James] WIN - 4pts Highest Opening Partenership: Rajasthan Royals @ 10/11 [blueSq] WIN - 6pts Player Performance: Jessie Ryder Under 42 @ 5/6 [bet365]
Haven't been able to do that in a while. +13.68 for the day after Taylor's vital innings saw the Royals home earlier. Will no doubt be back for tomorrow's double header.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Two cautious digs for tomorrows match at Hyderabad. - 3pts Kolkata -2.5wickets/10.5 runs (vs. Deccan Chargers) @ 3/4 [sportingbet] I have been impressed with Kolkata so far this IPL. They're sitting comfortably in the Top 4 right now and I personally think they'll be in the top 2 come the end of the group stages. Fortunately for me, Gautam Gambhir has been in great form too and he is leading them brilliantly and is scoring runs freely. Deccan have been all over the place recently. They were cruising to victory against the Super Kings the other day and still managed to lose by 19 runs. They lack some conviction in their play and there have been some questionnable decisions along the way from skipper Sanga. The omission of Dale Steyn in the last match being a prime example. Their last six matches have gone Loss-Win-Loss-Win-Loss-Win and that kind of inconsistency is not going to get you anywhere. Using their last six match formula, one would suggest that they will win tomorrow here but I can't see it. Kolkata have signed Mark Boucher to replace the injured Haddin and that doesn't weaken them one bit. Hyderabad has been a decent pitch so far this tournament. It's seen three scores of 165+ in four games and I think that will play into Kolkata's hands. They have a very strong batting line-up and a good bowling attack to back them up. Iqbal Abdulla has been a revelation for them with Brett Lee and Balaji looking very impressive too. Not to mention the fact that Yusuf Pathan is the 4th highest wicket taker in the tournament so far. In Kallis, Boucher, Gambhir and Tiwary you have three players that are already in excess of 220 runs and they have the talent of Tendo/Morgan/Pathan to follow them. Kolkata to take this one for me. - 4pts Total Sixes: Under 9.5 @ 5/6 [William Hill] As soon as I saw this fixture I immediately thought unders on the sixes. It is risky to take this on as we have people like Pathan and Sohal who COULD go bonkers here but each team has the bowling attacks to limit the number of DLF's. Steyn and Sharma are potent forces up front for Deccan and there won't be that many hit off Lee and Balaji. Deccan's batting has been under-fire recently too. Shikar Dhawan is has played every match so far and has opened the batting in every match so far and he has faced only 130 balls. They lose wickets too frequently and that always slows the sixes down. Kallis, Gambhir, Morgan and co are all stroke players. They'll hit alot more fours than they do sixes so I think that tomorrow will be kept below 10. Cautious with the stakes with the fear of a Pathan going mad but quietly confident.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 KKR won again with ease to ensure the handicap came through. Gambhir added another 35 to his total and there was under 10 sixes which means a respectable +5.52 for the day. Tomorrow's double-header is a potential minefield so not going too crazy. Coral have very generously priced Rajasthan up at 6/4 tomorrow which is definitely value for the Royals but I'll swerve that for now to play on the safe side of caution. One for the early game. - 5pts Total Sixes: Under 10.5 @ 5/6 [Paddy Power] Chennai have played at home four times in IPL4 and there has never been more than 11 sixes in any of those four. The Chidambaram Stadium is not a bad track to bat on by any stretch of the imagination. Infact every time Chennai have played at home, they've won the toss, batted first and never posted a score below 142 (the highest being 183 against RCB towards the beginning of the tournament). For some reason though, it's just not common for maximums. The last match that was played here saw 11 sixes, and that was really only because Sunny Sohal got a few lives and hit 4 whilst Albie Morkel somehow managed to hit 3 of his 6 deliveries faced over the ropes. All the times previous, there have been under 11 (7, 10 and 6). Vijay, Badrinath, Dhoni, Morkel, Watson, Taylor, Menaria will all line up tomorrow and to be honest, all of them can hit. However each team has a respectable bowling attack to limit the DLF's. There won't be many hit off Ashwin, Warne, Bollinger and Trivedi whilst Southee and Tait will also be tough to hit if either are recalled. One would expect Hussey and/or Dravid to do a fair bit of batting tomorrow which should aid this a little bit whilst history tells us Rajasthan are always susceptible to a drastic batting collapse. There has only been Over 10.5 here once in IPL4, don't think there'll be another tomorrow.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Been a while since I've had a bet in this tournament but that's about to change. +8.84 overall at the minute. 4pts Mumbai -3.5wickets/15.5runs vs Pune 5/6 Sportingbet It's just not happening at the minute for Pune and I'm not sure the addition of Sourav Ganguly to their squad is going to make a huge amount of difference. Despite having talented batting individuals they just can't put scores up at the minute. They've lost their last 6 matches and having only put up a score of more than 150 once in their last 5 - and that on a Bangalore ground where scoring runs is a given - it's not hard to see where their problems lie. I can't see how they can get after this watertight Mumbai bowling attack. Malinga, Munaf and Harbhajan are all tighter than a ducks arse while Pollard and Murtaza can have economical days too. Pune are better with the ball but this is a top notch Mumbai batting line up and I just can't see any way that Pune can get close here. Throw in the fact that they don't really have home advantage in this match because they play in Mumbai and Mumbai's greatest son is in the opposition and I think we'll see a comfortable Mumbai Indians win here.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Two sixes in that match today means a sixth straight winner and +4.15 for the day. Not getting involved in the later game tonight, Pune have a big match in them somewhere and I wouldn't be surprised if they ran Mumbai close. GL Kev :hope

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 A good couple of days has put me up to -7.94. I was down below -30 at one point so it could be alot worse. Tomorrow sees another double header with Kochi playing my beloved Kolkata in the first match. I can't deal with Kochi at the moment. I had them to beat Delhi two games ago and they got turned over. They played them again two days later and absolutely battered them. If Kochi turn up then they're a serious problem. However, Kolkata are going for Top 2 and theyre in some serious form. Morgan at the top of the order is a touch and we're finallly seeing end product from Yusuf Pathan. I think there's mileage in getting with them at 8/11 but its a no bet for me; way too many variables. I just hope KKR win comfortably and there's a Gambhir fifty in the process. One for the second game then and I'm almost nervous to say it's my biggest bet of the tournament so far. - 8pts Total Sixes: Under 10.5 @ 5/6 [Paddy Power] I don't quite understand what the guys over at PP were thinking when they set this line for total sixes in a match involving Deccan. Deccan have only hit 11 sixes in their last five matches and four of those eleven came in a mad cameo from Sunny Sohal. They're shit when it comes to DLF's and to be honest, I don't see that changing tomorrow. Their highest score in their last four innings is 149 and they have never won a match when chasing. Their problem is clearly not enough runs from their key batsmen (Dhawan, Sanga, Duminy, White). I'm dumbfounded as to why we haven't seen Michael Lumb yet and I'm still not sure Sanga is the best choice for a Twenty20 captain. I don't think Deccan will contribute to the sixes tally too greatly. The obvious danger here is the might at the top of the order from Delhi. Warner and Sehwag come off and then this all of a sudden becomes a bit peak for me. You look at what bowling they'll be facing though and it makes me feel a little better. Despite Deccan's shortfallings with the bat I think they actually have one of, if not the best bowling attack in the competition. Steyn and Sharma are good front line bowlers and should keep things relatively tight whilst Ojha and Mishra are good, economical, wicket-taking options. Mishra in particular has taken 10 wickets so far this year at 6.64 an over. Not bad numbers at all. If Sehwag goes early then it's looking good. Warner hasn't been in the brightest patch of form recently either so I think getting on unders here at this price is wise. Skybet have Under 9.5 @ 1.72. William Hill have this line set at Under/Over 8.5. How we're getting Under/Over 10.5 at 5/6 I don't know but I'm glad to be on this side of things. A win here will put me on the verge of positive numbers for the tournament. Fingers crossed I make it seven on the spin.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Today probably couldnt've gone much worse to be honest. Kolkata lost. Gambhir got a golden duck. Yogesh Nagar takes two two key wickets in an over but somehow oversteps on BOTH wicket taking balls allowing Duminy to go and hit 4 sixes. Deccan drop Sehwag twice allowing him to go and score 119 off 56 (including six sixes). When Sehwag fell, Delhi were nudging and prodding their way to the final thirty runs with ten sixes in the match but to top it all off Yogesh Nagar hits the 11th six when they only need TWO runs to win. Unbelievable. -8.00 for the day and somewhere in the minus mid-teens for the tournament. Not getting involved in tomorrows game. Neither team has played in nearly a week and there's not much attracting me. If anyone gets involved, I hope you have more luck than I did today.