** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Rugby League: Super League Rd 8 & Co-Op Champs

One for me tonight Wigan (-4) to beat Leeds @ 1.91 (Various) 4/5 3 away wins from 3 for Wigan against the -4 taking them to the top of an Away Handicap-adjusted league table this season. Leeds have 1 from 3 with the 4 start and lie a disappointing 11th in an overall handicap-adjusted league table. Leeds have Kirke in for the injured Burgess and they were truly awful in the first half vs. Wakefield last week. Wigan welcome back Joel Tomkins (rumoured to take his place in the Centres rather than his usual Second Row berth) and Finch makes his second consecutive appearance with Deacon still injured. They were deserved losers against Warrington last week but they should bounce back here against a Leeds side which are nowhere near the force they once were (sadly :() GL all :hope :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 8 & Co-Op Champs 2 for me. 5pts Wigan (-4) to beat Leeds 10/11 Sportingbet Can't really add too much to what Lee said above. I just think Leeds are missing Danny Maguire like crazy. Sinfield isn't the same effect at Stand Off. Peacock's another miss too for the Rhinos. Wigan have some key injuries themselves in the likes of Richards and Deacon but they have the quality in personnel to have coped with that and with Tompkins back tonight they aren't a million miles from full strength now. They've lost to Warrington last week but there's no shame in that as I think Wire could run away with the regular season this year. Leeds have never really impressed this season and have already lost to Quins and Warrington on home soil and the champions can make it 3 defeats at home for the Rhinos. 3pts Castleford to beat Hull FC 11/8 Skybet I think Cas are a big price tonight. They've only lost one match all season whereas Hull have only won twice but they've only beaten Quins and Crusaders who aren't going to be threatening the judge at the top end this season. Castleford have already put paid to the likes of Huddersfield this season and they go to the KFC Stadium in good touch after their 56-16 demolishion of the Crusaders last week. Hull have Phelps back which is a boost but Cas are at full strength too and with a point to prove to Westerman for jumping ship to Hull, I think the Tigers can win this one and go level with Warrington at the summit of Super League until Sunday at least.

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 8 & Co-Op Champs 6pts Wigan (-4) to beat Leeds @1.85 Sportingbet I have got nothing else to add to what seems to be the general consensus on what the outcome will most likely be between Wigan and Leeds. I really like this bet albeit at slightly lower odds. 5pts St Helens (-14.0) to beat Hull KR @ 1.80 Ladbrokes St Helens were beaten by Harlequins 27-16 3 weeks ago. But since then St Helens have beaten Leeds 30-16 and Bradford 28-16. Hull KR are normally an alright side, but they have a number of injuries coming into this game. They were beaten at home last week by Huddersfield 38-16 and lost at Salford the week before 34-18. I reckon that St Helens will have too much firepower for the injured Hull KR side.

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 8 & Co-Op Champs One for me in tonights game Salford (-10) to beat Crusaders @ 1.91 (Various) 3/5 As well as being in poor form overall, Crusaders have also failed against the handicapper this season. Only the one win and draw with the handicap and that draw came in their 2nd game and in an ironic turn, the win against tonight's opponents at Millenium Magic. Salford have turned the corner somewhat after that trouncing in Wales though and come into this game with consecutive handicap victories over KR and Catalans. The likes of Broughton, Smith and Holdsworth are all playing well and against a Crusaders side missing one of their pivots in Witt and most definitely their best forward in Withers, I don't feel the 10 will be enough for them here. GL all :hope :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 8 & Co-Op Champs All the bookies have Halifax giving up only 2 points on the handicap at Sheffield tomorrow. That could be generous in my view. Halifax were deservedly 20-12 ahead at HT against Featherstone last week and just after HT a kick through was touched down just on the whitewash at the back of the dead ball line - 3 inches less and Fax would have gone into a 26-12 lead and might have won the game. Instead they became totally undisciplined, lost the plot and ended up well beaten 32-20. As I type, Fev are now mullering Toulouse in France whom Sheffield beat at home in their last match 34-16. I feel Matt Calland will build on the positives that Fax showed against Fev, and they could at last get their season going tomorrow. Sheffield v Halifax (-2) at 10/11 generally available.