** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Rugby League - Super League - 25-27th March 2011

Re: Rugby League - Super League - 25-27th March 2011

Wigan v Warrington - Wigan To Score First @ 8/11 - William Hill 7.5pts Same again this week, Wigan to score first. This landed 29/32 times last season and all five this season. As I said in last weeks thread, I know nothing about Rugby League but this is such a profitable bet.
He he, not a bad shout last week though to say you don't know mate! Hope it keeps up for you again this week, just the one for me tomorrow night, Bradford (+12.5) to beat St Helens @ 1.8 (Bet365 & BetFred) 2/5 Have to give Bradford another go here. Solid hard-fought win at home to Cas' last time out, 4 handicap wins from their 6 league games so far and hence lie in an impressive 3rd place in a handicap-adjusted league table. Saints finally put a decent performance together last week beating Leeds away from home but have the worst handicap-adjusted home record (0-0-2-12-52) in Super League so far. Granted, 2 games isn't much of a sample but it's worth remembering they've two relatively young halves and haven't demonstrated anything like their normal home form at the Stobart Stadium this season. Neither side with any major injury worries and I'll take the Bulls with the 12.5 here. GL all :hope :ok

Re: Rugby League - Super League - 25-27th March 2011 One for me tonight. 3pts Warrington to beat Wigan 11/8 Betfred I can't wait for this game. Should be an absolute belter and going against the champions isn't always wise but they play their bogey team in Warrington tonight. Since Cardiff, Wire have been flawless. They've ended their Saints hoodoo and beaten Leeds very comfortably and then came last week's massacre of Quins. Wigan have been doing just enough so far this season I think and I don't think they are as much of a threat without Richards as they are with him. Admittedly Tomkins is back tonight and it looks like Brett Finch will make his debut but Wigan will have to be at their best from the start tonight because Warrington are cooking on gas. Lee Briers is playing superbly alongside Myler and the scoring threats come all across the field. Absolutely can not wait for this one but I feel Warrington are more cohesive going forward and have dangers from 1-13 and I think they'll go 3pts clear at the top tonight.

Wigan v Warrington - Wigan To Score First @ 8/11 - William Hill 7.5pts Same again this week, Wigan to score first. This landed 29/32 times last season and all five this season. As I said in last weeks thread, I know nothing about Rugby League but this is such a profitable bet.
Not to be this week. Warrington score the first try!

Not to be this week. Warrington score the first try!
Fair play though mate - those are some pretty strong stats for that kind of price. Wigan have certainly been dominant in the beginning of matches; I think that's a deliberate psychological tactic of Maguire's since he took charge. If you can hit teams in a punishing way to start off with you gain an important edge by disrupting their confidence early on

Re: Rugby League - Super League - 25-27th March 2011 I'm sticking with Swinton again giving up only 4 points on the handicap at Oldham. Although collateral form is always dangerous in this sport, the Roughyeds were well beaten by Workington last weekend, whereas 7 days earlier Swinton had beaten Workington. The reason I'm strongly against Oldham is that their injury list is still extensive, and they will again be light in one or two positions despite a couple of absentees probably returning. Swinton themselves have a couple of injury doubts. I expected the line to be around 12 points, so I'm quite happy to back Swinton (-4) at 10/11 with Bet 365.

Bradford (+12.5) to beat St Helens @ 1.8 (Bet365 & BetFred) 2/5
Glad I took the .5 handicap, was 1.95 with Bwin an all :@. Good shout on Wire Kev :ok. One for me tonight, Huddersfield (-4) to beat Hull KR @ 1.91 (Various) 3/5 Huddersfield (12.5+) Winning Margin vs. Hull KR @ 3.00 (Betfair) 1/5 Fancy Huddersfield strongly here. Although losing to Wigan last time out, Huddersfield have been the stronger against the handicapper this season with 4 wins from 6 receiving the -4. KR have a 50% win record against the handicapper but lost their last game away to Salford and have arguably their best back and forward out injured in the absent Dobson and Newton. Hudds are at full strength and I'll take a little tinkle on them winning by the 13+ as well. GL all :hope :ok