** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

My Pick to win the 2011 World Series

1. Early January 08 - Giants to win the SB - Win 2. Late November 07- Kansas to win the NC - Win 3. Mid April 08- Lakers to win the NC - Loss (Runners up) 4. Mid April 08 - Pens to win the Stanley Cup - Loss (Runners Up) 5. Mid April 08 - Cubs to win the WS - Loss (1st round) 6. Late May 08 - Germany to win the EC08 - Loss (Runners up) 7. Mid August 08- Oklahoma to win the BCS - Loss (Runners up) 8. Mid August 08 - Chargers to win the SB - Loss (2nd round) 9. Mid September 08 - San Jose to win the SC - Loss (1st Round) 10. Mid October 08 - Suns to win the NBA - Loss (Missed playoffs) 11. Mid October 08 - Tennessee to win the NCAA - Loss (1st round) 12. Mid April 09 - Tigers to win the WS - Pending - Loss (Missed playoffs) 13. Mid August 09 - Texas to win the BCS Championship - Loss (Runners Up) 14. Mid August 09- Atlanta to win the Superbowl - Loss (Missed Playoffs) 15. Mid September 09 - Red Wings to win the Stanley Cup - Loss (2nd Round) 16. Mid October 09 - Nuggets to win the NC - - Loss (2nd Round) 17. Mid October 09 - Texas to win the NC - - Loss (2nd round) 18. Mid March 10 - Phillies to win the WS - Lose 19. Early June 10 - Brazil to win the WC - Lose 20. Mid August 10 - Alabama to win the BCS Championship - Lose 21. Mid August 10- Patriots to win the SB - Lose 22. Mid October 10 - Pitt to win the NC Champ - Lose 23. Mid October 10 - Orlando to win the NBA - Pending Time to do baseball. Lets hope I can finally win one. Phillies +350 - Not worth it here IMO. Not only is the value not there, I dont think there gonna win it because I dont see a reason that there offensive slumps go away this year Red Sox +475 - Also not worth it to me. Still some ? to me about there pitching Yankees +750 - Again, not worth it, but even bigger questions about there pitching... Pirates +27,500 - : ) Twins +2300 - This is my pick. Probably will not be a popular pick but I think the value is there. They are always in the running in the division. The White Sox might have some injury problems. The Tigers have there own problems. I dont see KC making much of a run. There pitching is solid, they have one of the best players in the cable and a solid lineup to back him up. Lets see if they can finally get over that hump

• 2 weeks later...

Re: My Pick to win the 2011 World Series It is interesting pick, if Mauer can stay healthy all season there are certainly contenders. I am thinking about backing [email protected]. They have good batting, Tulo and Cargo are among best in baseball, bullpen is very good and I hope that Street wont miss to much time on DL, Ubaldo is stud and Chacin could breakout this year. If thay make some trade in midseason and bring 1B or another good SP they can go long way.

Re: My Pick to win the 2011 World Series I think that has some solid value paddy. That division has a new winner every year. I think its really about picking a team with good value that you think can make the playoffs because you can just hedge for profit after that.