** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Flat Racing - March 17th Thursday

SportHorse Racing
EventWolverhampton 19:15
SelectionNeighbourhood
Strength1/10
Date17/03/2011
Bookmaker/PricePaddy Power @ 12.00
ReasoningLed to 4 out 33 days ago at Lingfield over 1m but could only finish 11 of 12. He's been off since October last year so that run must be forgiven. He also did not have jockey Greg Fairley on board so a big run was not expected. Should be fitter this time out and could win at a big price. This runner is owned by Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum. He paid 200,000gns as a yearling for this one. By Street Cry and dam was useful over 6f (stayed 7f) by Sadler's Wells. The 12th foal and related to 6 winners inc. Zindabad (high-class 1m-1m6f), Geisha Girl (7f at 2, stayed 1m6f) and Navarone (useful 1m2f and 1m4f/2m1f and 2m4f hurdle). The owner is having a good year at Wolverhampton. 7 wins from 16 runs (44%). All trained by Mark Johnston and with jockey Greg Fairley booked, he has 4 wins out of 6 with the 3yo's going 3 out of 4.

Re: Flat Racing - March 17th Thursday Wolverhampton 18:45 Ahlawy 1pt ew @ 22-1 (Stan James) Goes well after in second run after 90+ days off. 3rd, 1st, 6th, 2nd, and 1st are his finishing position after having his needed run. The last four runs are with his current trainer Frank Sheridan. He is a five time winner here including at 66-1 last October. Likes a strong pace and I think he will get that with this bunch.

Re: Flat Racing - March 17th Thursday 8.15 Wolverhampton 12 runners for a Class 5, 6f handicap. A poor bunch and I'm taking on the market leaders who, for me, don't have progressive profiles, nor do they have particularly attractive marks. I'm surprised by the price on the one I'm backing so will get on from a value angle. Absa Lutte (11/1 Bet365 BOG) - Big looking price for one that is 7's in a place. Has become a bit frustrating but, to me, hasn't had conditions to suit fully recently. Ran well lto but had a troubled run whilst has been affected by either the draw or the lack of pace in races before that. I'm not expecting any such worries here and has a top jockey in the saddle, his only ride, and the stable is in its best form for a while, if not ever. Not raced off a mark this low for over 12 months and last win was off a mark 7lb higher than this. Goes well at the track, travels well and I'm pretty certain 6f suits better. In fact, C&D form reads 3-1-5-3-3. This one has to come good soon and in a race full of poor types and with conditions expected to suit, I'll more than happily take the double figure odds available.

Re: Flat Racing - March 17th Thursday Proper racing now. 5.45 - 2.5pts win Overwhelm @ 3/1 (Bet365) Looked a promising horse for Andrew Reid at 2, including good form on polytrack. Interesting change of hands to Richard Fahey's yard, and made a promising return to action over c&d with a 3rd of 5th behind Restless Bay (beaten 2l). Bound to come on for that and looks a bit threat in this field. 8.15 - 1pt e/w Absa Lutte @ 11/1 (Bet365) This horse looks well treated and has been running better than its bare form lately. Formerly a prolific polytrack winner - including a win off 75. Is down to 68 today and shapes as if coming back to the boil. Was beaten 3 3/4 lengths last time by Kyladdie having not had a clear run, and that race looks better than this. 31533 are its form figures over c&d and the step up to 6f looks ideal based on its latest couple of runs. Michael Mullineaux's horses have been running okay of late, and with a bit of luck, can have another good runner here at a nice price.

Re: Flat Racing - March 17th Thursday

8.15 Wolverhampton 12 runners for a Class 5, 6f handicap. A poor bunch and I'm taking on the market leaders who, for me, don't have progressive profiles, nor do they have particularly attractive marks. I'm surprised by the price on the one I'm backing so will get on from a value angle. Absa Lutte (11/1 Bet365 BOG) - Big looking price for one that is 7's in a place. Has become a bit frustrating but, to me, hasn't had conditions to suit fully recently. Ran well lto but had a troubled run whilst has been affected by either the draw or the lack of pace in races before that. I'm not expecting any such worries here and has a top jockey in the saddle, his only ride, and the stable is in its best form for a while, if not ever. Not raced off a mark this low for over 12 months and last win was off a mark 7lb higher than this. Goes well at the track, travels well and I'm pretty certain 6f suits better. In fact, C&D form reads 3-1-5-3-3. This one has to come good soon and in a race full of poor types and with conditions expected to suit, I'll more than happily take the double figure odds available.
Yeah...or what you said :clap:lol

Re: Flat Racing - March 17th Thursday 8.15 WOLVERHAMPTON KERSIVAY 40-1 0.5pt ew Like the look of Absu Luttle too boys but this one may go well at a price..Drawn ok in stall 7 it comes in on a very attractive handicap mark of 56...And with the aid of a 7 pound claimer is effectively running of 49..It is well drawing and well weighted against the like of Apache Ridge,Was only half a lenght of Apache in January and is 12 pounds better off in the weights,and although has lost out a fair few times to Apache is well weighted based on those races,and could go close on a going day:hope

Re: Flat Racing - March 17th Thursday 8.45 WOLVERHAMPTON MR CHOCOLATE DROP 8-1 1pt ew(VC BET) 8 go to post for the final race of the night,and it is one poor race..Needwood ridges is very unexposed here and probably one to beat,but Mr Chocolate Drop is a good performer on its day and also a C&D winner..Ran poorly last time out at kempton,no exuses and maybe the step up in trip will help it here,as it is a hold up performer,bit of money for it this evening hopeful of a good run