Testing a new idea - help wanted

This is a serious post - think it is in the right place... I'm looking for someone with some programming skills to help test an idea I've been sitting on for a couple of years now. After a long think, (regretably) I realise I'm just not going to get this off the ground without a bit of help from somewhere...There's a fair bit of work to be done, but anyone who reads these pages regularly will know what type of processing/testing of the data is involved. There are two things holding me back. (1) Preparing the data. Basically, I have all the data I need, but it takes time for me to put it in the spreadsheet. I can't see an easy way of automating this part - so this part will just be sharing the donkey work I suspect. As a guide, it takes me about 5 mins to process a match, and I'd like to process a minimum of about a 1000 matches, with more if the project looks promising. (I've got about 200, half a season, on a spreadsheet, and it took a couple of weeks - laborious stuff......) (2) Processing the data, coming up with match predictions. This part I'd like automating. I have written a match simulator to process the data but as it stands I have to input the data myself - the simulator takes about 5 mins to run, but anyone knowing how to program here would be able to help a great deal here. Looking for anyone who could write an application to fit into Excel, although I don't have the skills, I'd suspect this part can be done quite easily. This is a serious post, I'd be sharing what I think to be an as yet untested idea with applications to normal football match bettiing, but also in-running betting, over-under... endless possibilties. I've a spreadsheet, all set up, that I'd send to a serious reply - obviously I give you my idea - and just expect confidentiality afterwards. Anyone interested - leave a reply here and I'll get back to you. Hope someone interested - this idea has been bugging me for too long now and I want to see how good it is....

Re: Testing a new idea - help wanted hi there mr onemore. i have no knowledge of excel coding, but can create macros that automate labourious tasks. i have no wish to nick or even find out what your idea is - but perhaps i could offer some help with sppeding up processing the data? is it possible to describe what needs doing without letting me in on it? feel free to pmail me.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.