Playing back at Rocks

voiceofjoe

I've been using HEM whilst starting my attempt at Full Ring Cash Games at the Micro Stakes. A question sprang to mind which you people with more hands/experience than me I thought would be able to answer. I'm using the default player ratings and you seem to get quite a few ROCKS at this limit/full ring. When they do open for a raise is it +Ev to play (call) with Suited Connectors against these guys - in the hope of hitting big - or do they tend to just shut down at any sign of resistance. I've found that they almost always fold if you raise any of their limps

Re: Playing back at Rocks It's full-ring so Averick can answer better than me, but as a general point i'd say calling in position with some suited-connectors can be fine for implied odds pre flop in the hope of hitting a big draw or 2pair plus vs a nit - which is pretty much the same at 6max. The problem i experienced at FR is the play is so nitty unless they have a big hand pots don't get big anyway. Rocks, that i've played against anyway, are extremely good at pot controlling when they're vulnerable so i'd try and stay away from attacking them and concentrate on fish instead. Think about it this way - if they're a rock and enter a pot post-flop they have a premium hand. Premium hands win most of the time, at showdown or otherwise, and as they're good at pot-controlling they're just not worth attacking. You make the money off them by taking their blinds and set-mining them basically.