** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

First Goal Odds - Lay 0-10 mins

Boof Bonk Boosh

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: First Goal Odds - Lay 0-10 mins

Hi i had a little go at this a few days ago and mine bombed :( Hope you have more luck ...kept making excuses such as i was crazy to bet on this match and that but it's so hard to predict!! learnt anything yet? or got a method to picking?
I'm using a simple set of rules based on the teams percentage of goals scored/conceeded in the first 15 mins (I couldn't find a site with 10 mins) to produce qualifiers. I'm thinking of adding elements of my other lay 0-0 system to highlight potential low scoring/0-0s, which hopefully might lessen the chances of failure. It's too early to say if I have learnt anything. It is definitely hard to predict, and there's almost certainly a random factor. However, at decimal odds of 1.15-1.20 a failure rate of 1 in 10 would be enough to return a small profit. The plan is to run the paper trail until the end of the season, by which time there should be around 200 'bets'. If the system is in profit, I might give it a go for real next season. Good luck. :ok

Re: First Goal Odds - Lay 0-10 mins Great thread BOOF..... i've been following your bets, and having a wager on them, you show the Marseille game as a winner, but a goal was scored in the 10th minute. It was a loser for me on Betfair, who are you betting with for it to be a winner ?

Great thread BOOF..... i've been following your bets, and having a wager on them, you show the Marseille game as a winner, but a goal was scored in the 10th minute. It was a loser for me on Betfair, who are you betting with for it to be a winner ?
Thanks. Well, this is a paper trail, so I am not putting money down currently. However, I am using Betfair for the odds, whose market rules are as follows: For 'time of first goal' bets (i.e. "First Goal Odds" markets), the first half is deemed to last 45 minutes, regardless of stoppage time. Also for these markets, please note that the "0 - 10 Minutes" selection covers the first 10 minutes of the match. In other words, it runs from 0:00 until just before the clock hits 10:00. The "11 – 20 Minutes" selection runs from 10:00 until just before the clock hits 20:00. The same principle applies to each of the other selections in this market. I was watching the game on line and thought that the Hazard goal went in after the clock hit 10 minutes. However, as they didn't pay out I will alter the result and re-calculate the bank/stakes.

try soccer stats.com they give you timings of a sort for the main european leagues' date=' may help with your picks if you dont already know about this site ?[/quote'] Thanks Jocko. That's the one I use! It's not perfect, but I figured that the 0-15 stats should be slightly more secure for laying 0-10 mins.