Flat Racing - Thursday 24th Feb

Mirage

Short write-up due to lack of time. Thursday: 20:10 Kempton This is a race in which almost all the field are running for the first time after a long break. Despite that i cannot see past one of those and that runner is Dirar. This gelding is used to running in races of this class and higher and proved his ability last year when winning the Ebor at York. He has won twice and came 2nd a further two times out of his six AW starts so the surface is no problem and has ran well after a break in previous years. The trip is also fine so, with others not having as many ticks in the right boxes as Dirar i am happy to have my money on him confident that he will prove his class tonight. When looking at the race last night i expected an odds on price and would have been happy with 4/5 so this is an extra little bonus to find 5/6. I see no reason for it to drift but knowing my luck it will be odds against come start time..... 4pts Dirar to win - 5/6 with Stan James

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 24th Feb Here's my BBotD that I posted last night.......... Sou 4.20 - Takajan - win at 9/2 BOG with Wm Hill Has scored all 3 of his career wins over this CD, and surprisingly for a Southwell class 5 handicap with 10 runners, there's only 2 CD winners in the field Still relatively lightly raced wth 27 career runs and has the kind of profile i like in a handicap - he's on a higher mark than his last win but a lower mark than his last run Given that he's better here at Southwell his last run, at Wolves, was pretty good. Although he finished 4th he was beaten just over a length and has been dropped a couple of pounds.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.