Cash Strategy - Value Bet?

Nade

I'm going to post a hand a day to get some cash game discussion going on. There's no right or wrong answers, just give give your thought and reasons for your decisions. In this first hand UTG is playing 43/22 over a hundred hands, which is loose and he's really passive post flop. ---------------------------------------------------- Poker Stars $100.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1191992 DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter Hero (BTN): $100.00 SB: $125.20 BB: $276.05 UTG: $112.40 MP: $69.40 CO: $147.50 Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with Jheart.png Kclub.png UTG raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero calls $3, 2 folds Flop: ($7.50) 2club.png Qspade.png 9club.png (2 players) UTG bets $5.00, Hero raises to $15, UTG calls $10 Turn: ($37.50) Kspade.png (2 players) UTG checks, Hero bets $18.00, UTG calls $18 River: ($73.50) 4diamond.png (2 players) UTG checks, ---------------------------------------------------- The pot is $73 on the river, i have about $64 left in my stack. What play would you make and why? Would you play the hand any differently and why?

Re: Cash Strategy - Value Bet? He's a passive player post flop, but found a bet on the flop - suggesting he hit the flop. He check called the turn, and checked the river which I'm not sure gives us much information - because he's passive he could be doing that with a strong hand, a weak hand or a draw (I find the draw unlikely as I dont think a passive player usually bets their draws on the flop). I think I shove for value expecting him to call with a pair of queens, or even a pair of 9's. If he has 2 pair or better then so be it. If he has the busted flush draw then obviously he'll usually fold and I dont get any value. I think that he calls with a worse hand more often than he has me beat.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.