Flat Racing - Tues 8th February

cc75

2.15 Southwell: Inde Country Ladydolly and Tancred Spirit can be ignored IMO, however it would be no surprise if the former showed improved form on debut on this surface. Empress Royal has a lay-off to overcome but is entitled to be amongst them on best known form - however must be a question mark over suitability of surface. Quadra Hop has yet to show that this surface suits as well as polytrack but is handicapped to go close, and the same can be said about Juarla whose best known form is on polytrack and in any case has a bit to find with my selection anyway. This should concern the others who raced eachother in a seller here last month and of most interest has to be Inde Country IMO. The race was won well by Princess Dayna from Go Maggie Go - who is however entitled to reverse form at the weights IMO - however of them all Inde Country is the best at the weights back in a handicap and has enough of a pull with both to turn around the form. Also, hit traffic problems that day at a crucial point and was entitled to finish closer anyway. Has a big chance today IMO. Inde Country: 1pt win @ 5/1 WillHill BOG Inde Country/Go Maggie Go: 0.5pt reverse forecast

Re: Flat Racing - Tues 8th February Here's the one i put up last night in BBotD - but it was nearly 2.30 AM and I didn't want to stay up any longer to start a 'Flat' thread ! Sou 4.45 - Deejan - win at 5/1 BOG with Bet365 It looks like the key race might well be a handicap over 11 furlongs at the track recently where Mediterranean Sea finished 2nd, 2 lengths in front of Deejan in 3rd. The winner that day, Stanley Rigby was clocking up a hat trick and the 4th had won last time out so the form looks solid. Although they meet on the same terms there are good grounds for thinking that Deejan can make up the 2 lengths on the tomorrow's likely favourite Firstly he was having his first run for 3 months that day and could come on a but for the outing. Secondly the extra furlong today should suit Deejan, who has bundles of stamina in his breeding. Mediterranean Sea has won over this trip but that was a maiden race. Since his mark went to 60 plus and he's been handicapping he's had a run of 4 placings here and each time earned comments like 'no extra near finish', 'one paced final furlong' and he's found something to pass him in the run in Hopefully today it will be Deejan that's running past him in the final furlong........although looking at the way the race might go i expect Cobo Bay might make the running until his stamina gives out and Deejan might take it up from a few furlongs out and make it a test of stamina. At the current respective odds of 6/4 the jolly and 5/1 Deejan i reckon the latter is the value here.............

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.