** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Advice sought for an appropriate staking plan...

Good evening everybody :D I first became familiar with the Punters Lounge back in 2002. Since that time I've been away from the country and haven't really indulged in any betting at all. However, I now have an issue that I'd love to seek the views and advice of fellow punters on and so it was with great pleasure that I discovered this website was still up and running! Here's the deal: I've been paper testing two of my own systems on the football fixed odds for just shy of a year. The strike rates are 75% and 69% respectively and each successful bet on either system returns approximately 55% of the actual stake. In short, successful bets are pretty common - but I always need at least two in a row in order to cover the stake from a single bet that loses and make a small albeit consistent profit. The longest losing run I have had is 4 in a row. Thus far I've been using a staking plan which sees me use 5% of my original bank per bet up until the point that the starting bank itself has increased by 25%, at which point I recalculate the 5% and start over. The nub of my issue is that I feel sure a better staking plan would maximise my profit from this system but staking plans are where my understanding is weakest. I've had a search through this forum and found a wealth of information about staking plans which I'm beginning to read up on. In the meantime, however, do any of you experienced punters out there immediately think of a staking plan which might better suit the strike rate/yield from my current system than the one I'm using? Although it goes against my better instincts, I suspect that my profit would have been much greater if I had used some form of deficit retrieval system - not in the sense where I'm doubling stakes but perhaps seeking an additional 25% after a run of two losses. Any thoughts would be most gratefully received!

Re: Advice sought for an appropriate staking plan... Try googling 'the staking machine' and going to their website. It's basically a piece of software that has several different staking strategies in it that may suit. Unfortunately it not free, but you can try it out (albeit a very limited version of it). Also, the website has the details of all the strategies with basic examples of using them and what they are, accessible by clicking on each one in the list on the right hand side of the website. You could try to convert/use them in Excel. You could also try googling 'staking plans' or 'staking strategies' as there are many sites that may contain the info you want.