Cricket: Sri Lanka vs West Indies - ODI Series

kevshat

Having been forced to postpone their ODI series a few months ago, Sri Lanka and the Windies begin their world cup warm up's with a 3 match ODI series in Sri Lanka which begins on Monday morning. As with the original tour, all 3 games are on Eurosport. Looking at the two squads it could be a decent little series. Schedule:

Mon Jan 31 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 04:30 GMT 1st ODI - Sri Lanka v West Indies Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo 38.png 23 - 27° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Scattered Thunderstorms Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Thu Feb 3 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 04:30 GMT 2nd ODI - Sri Lanka v West Indies Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo
N/A
Sun Feb 6 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 04:30 GMT 3rd ODI - Sri Lanka v West Indies Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo
N/A

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs West Indies - ODI Series 31 Jan 2011 - Sri Lanka v West Indies - Series Betting - Top Sri Lanka Series Batsman Upul Tharanga @*9/2 I think this is a cracking price for an opening batsman who Sri lanka allow to bat at his own pace and build the innings around. The weather is again iffy so this may result in shortened matches which will give others less time at the crease. Tharanga has scored decent runs in the last year and although jayawardene and sangakara are rightful favourites, I'm going to back this value! 2 points hills

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs West Indies - ODI Series We don't have a great deal to go on ahead of this series. Neither of these two sides have played One-Day cricket for months and it looks like rain will once again be a factor probably meaning one of the three will be a wash-out or will end up being reduced overs. This will be the last series I shall paper-trail ahead of the World Cup. One outright to begin: 1.5pts KC Sangakarra Top Sri Lanka Batsman @ 11/4 Bet365 I'm a massive Sangakkara fan. I think he is the best captain in world cricket and I also think he is one-of, if not the best wicket-keeper too. To go on top of that he is a ridiculously good batsman and has made the #3 slot in the Sri Lanka side his own since being promoted there last year. He has a ODI batting average in excess of 36.00 and has well over 8,500 runs to his name in this format. He is a top player and I am more than happy to back a very-good top order batsman to thrive in a series which will more-than-likely be affected by rain. He is going to be one of my tips to be Top Runs scorer at the World Cup and I think he will warm up for it nicely in this series too.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs West Indies - ODI Series One ahead of the 1st ODI too: 8pts Dwayne Bravo (Player Performance) - 38 & Over w/ Bet365 I'm a big Dwayne Bravo fan also. He too is one of West Indies most important players and has been a key mainstay in a side troubled by legal wranglings and heavy rotation. 38 points is well within Bravo's reach as both a batsman and a bowler. He comes in at #5 which should give him plenty of time to achieve the runs if need be and one thing that should be noticed is that he has 16 'not-outs' in his 87 innings as an ODI batsman proving that he is fairly decent at being there come the end of the innings. He also has 129 wickets in 95 matches where he has actually bowled showing how effective he can be with the ball. He also is a very good death bowler where we all know, is a key time to pick up wickets. Even if I wasn't paper trailing I think I would go in with 8pts on this, it's a fairly generous line and he definitely is capable of clearing it. Fingers crossed he does.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs West Indies - ODI Series The original broadcaster of this series has pulled out so there's now no UK coverage which is a bit disappointing and with the other two series on will probably mean I don't bet too much in this one. I'm going with one for the series though. 3pts C.Gayle Top West Indies Series Batsman 5/2 Stan James I like Chris Gayle here for a few reasons, firstly he walloped Sri Lanka's attack everywhere in the test series these two played at the end of last year. He's warmed up for this series with a couple of expansive knocks for Western Australia in the Big Bash which should have played him into form and as an opener he can take advantage of any in play rain which comes along. The only other West Indian batsman who comes here in any nick is Darren Bravo but he's expected to bat in the middle order at 5 or 6. Given the Pollard factor he may be shifted around too much to back with confidence. We know Gayle will open and if he comes off just once in the 3 matches he'll set a tough target for his team mates to beat. 5/2 isn't a price I'd normally look to outright but this series is done and dusted in a week so I'm happy to make the exception here and will take the explosive opener to top the Windies run charts this week.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs West Indies - ODI Series Just the one for me tomorrow. 60% chance of rain diverts my attention away from most markets. 3pts West Indies Most 6's 5/4 Bet365 I think this is a decent enough price on the West Indies. Their batsmen have all just come from one form of twenty20 be it the Caribbean version or the Big Bash so they have been hitting plenty of 6's recently whereas the Sri Lanka batsman haven't had that luxury. On the face of it alone we've got Gayle, Barath, the Bravo's and Pollard going for us here against a Sri Lankan side which aren't naturally the biggest of hitters. If Gayle or Pollard get in and get going this one will be out of reach in no time. From this Sri Lankan squad only really Mathews and the bowlers are natural big hitters and although the Windies will face a trial by spin I still think they have the batsmen to clear the ropes the most in this match.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs West Indies - ODI Series 60% chance of rain again for this match. Not worth the time and effort of looking into it really. With rain forecast for later in the week I'll probably just take my expected loss on Gayle and call it quits for this series unless the forecast does a U-turn prior to the last match.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs West Indies - ODI Series I wasn't going to bet again in this series but the rain tomorrow is meant to be scattered so they might get a full game in. 3pts West Indies Most 6's 11/10 Stan James West Indies have cleared the ropes in both of their innings in this series so far and that's no huge surprise. As I've said before, Sri Lanka aren't a side who hit a lot of 6's and I don't expect that to change here. West Indies still have the likes of Gayle, Barath, Bravo and Pollard which is a lot more than Sri Lanka have in the 6 hitting department. Sri Lanka look set to chop and change their side in this match but whoever plays for them I fully expect West Indies to hit more 6's than their hosts. 1pt ew A.Mathews Top Sri Lanka Batsman 15/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I think Angelo Mathews is a very good one day batsman and it seems that Sri Lanka might well push him up the order in this match to ensure he gets a bit of time in the middle prior to the world cup. That would make a lot of sense I guess. We saw in Australia how he can pace an innings and if he's up the order this 15/2 will look a bit price fairly quickly. He can play seam and spin equally as well and he can nudge and nurdle or bludgeon the ball to all parts so he's got all angles covered and is well worth an ew punt at 15/2.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs West Indies - ODI Series Tharanga beat Sangakkara to Sri Lanka's top batsman and Bravo cleared the Overs in every single completed match this series, a bit unfortunate that the 1st ODI was never completed in that respect but what can you do. Nice shout on Tharanga Otter and unlucky on the Mathews Kev, missed out by three runs.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs West Indies - ODI Series

Tharanga beat Sangakkara to Sri Lanka's top batsman and Bravo cleared the Overs in every single completed match this series' date=' a bit unfortunate that the 1st ODI was never completed in that respect but what can you do. Nice shout on Tharanga Otter and unlucky on the Mathews Kev, missed out by three runs.[/quote'] He never played in the first ODI anyway did he? Bit annoying that Mathews ran out of overs 3 short of a place but WI covered the 6's nicely enough. Gayle was never a runner in the top bat so -1.7pts for the series which isn't drastic. Great shout on Tharanga, Otter :clap:clap:clap.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs West Indies - ODI Series cheers mate - unlucky with Gayle , he's such an enigma isn't he - I steer clear of him nowadays. I'm on tharanga agan for world cup top bat but will post up when new thread starts - well done on sixes Kev!