Seeking opinions on statistical database

Hi all, I have produced an Access database that uses historical results to provide statistical information concerning how often the favourite, 2nd fav, 3rd fav, etc. actually go on to win a race. The database is queried by the meeting, race type, number of runners and length of race (there is also scope to add variability to length and runners). I was considering converting this database to something that could be used over the web. However, before I spend the time and effort doing this, I wanted to canvass a few opinions of whether this would be useful or not. So, would it? Or would the query criteria need changing to make it more useful? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks, Chilli

Re: Seeking opinions on statistical database if your talking about strike rates ....isnt that information readily available in numerous books ? it seems an awful lot of work that your talking about....found this online 1st.& 2nd. FAVORITES Based on SP prices the 1st.Fav wins 30% 2nd.Fav wins 15% Total 45% Based over 5000 races In the Australian racing season of 1949-50 favs. won 32% of races (Turf Digest. Vol.3,No.2 Sep 1950). Not much has changed in 50 yrs. In fact this is a statistic found the world over. Favs. that won last start, won 35% of all races. It drops away progressivly in line with it`s positioning last start. Favs. up in class won 32% (surprising) Favs. down in class won 19% Favs. equal in class won 36% Favs. that either won or finished within 2.2 lengths last start , won 32% Last start beaten favs. who are favs. today have a strike rate of 18% (terrible).

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.