** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Betfair API Excel integration

Mulkis

Pardon, a little bit offtopic, but regarding API I find quite useful to integrate trading with Excel spreadsheet. Mainstream commercial trading tools provide such possibility, but they are not free and full of various functions with no use for me. Could someone please advise me if there is some simple "toy" for basic Betfair API integration with Excel?

Re: Betfair API Excel integration Thank You Fat Jack. I've looked through Betfair bdp and indeed found some very compelling examples, but all of them require some kind of more advanced programming skills in .net or VB than I currently do not have. I keen to check the link you provided, but it just doesnt open, could you please paste a full link or hint me where should i look more precisely. Thank you.

Re: Betfair API Excel integration Hi Mulkis, Sorry, doesn't look like that link works. Try this one: http://bdp.betfair.com/ Go to Support Centre --> Downloads & Documentation. You'll need to log in with your Betfair user id, but you can then download the "VB/Excel Sample Spreadsheet" example. It's all set up as a working example of placing bets, cancelling them, updating, etc. You can start to look at that and it will give you a good understanding of how the API works with VB/VBA. HTH FJ Edit: Mulkis, can't seem to post links. Google "betfair bdp" and you'll see the Betfair Developers Homepage

Re: Betfair API Excel integration

all of them require some kind of more advanced programming skills in .net or VB than I currently do not have.
So what do you expect to find here ? Someone with those skills that will build you an application for free ? If you are on a limited budget you'll have to learn the skills yourself, that's the free option. Take a look at http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/ . For that price it is simply good value. Imagine the amount of time it will take you to learn the skills yourself and how much that time is worth. Becomes excellent value in that respect and doesn't stop you learning yourself.

Re: Betfair API Excel integration Yes, Datapunter, you are perfectly right regarding BA - its a perfect piece of software for good price. I am currently using it:ok So why I am looking for something else? Definetely not because of the price. I just trying to make my trading enviroment as comfortable and optimized as possible. For that I need BF market prices integration and actually nothing else. All kind of dutching, scalping, bookmaking and so on I could easily do in excel (but I dont do any of these things). What I do is integration of underlying event historical data, in-play data and current market values. Then certaint triggers came into effect and hopefully this is the way how to play it in a long run. If it proofs for a year or longer, I would definately invest more into data feeds and learning and probably will end up with some robot doing all the things for me. So, now I am collecting necessary knowledge piece by piece and PL forum is a perfect place to get some information:ok