Which Back/Lay bet is better?

lulear

Re: Which Back/Lay bet is better? Ah, that's the meaning, I didn't understand at first. :) OK, since I got involved, let me say my opinion; I have no preference - both back and lay are fine for me as long as I consider it to be good bet. If I believe there will be less than 3 goals, I will back unders, if I believe there will be 3 or more goals, I will lay unders; if I believe home team is likely to score first goal, I will back CS 1-0 or 2-0; if I believe away team will surely score a goal, I will lay CS 1-0 or 2-0; and so on, and so on; as simple as that! :loon A while ago, Betfair introduced cross-matching, which means that you don't have to bother with comparing if lay odds on one side are better than back odds on other side, Betfair will do it for you. I mean, if you place back bet under 2.5, and lay odds for over 2.5 are better at that moment, your bet will get matched at those better odds, so indeed there is no "technical" need to prefer back or lay, it's just matter of your analysis of certain match and certain market.