Flat Racing 9th Jan

3.55 Southwell Poor looking race but only one that makes me get slightly interested on a poor day. Double Carpet looks well worth opposing at 5/2 for all he may be capable of landing a weak race like this having won last time out at kempton, but a 6lb penalty and his record here is enough to put me off. Its hard to see many of these others getting involved neither, Fair Bunny could be dangerous as does have winning form over CD and on last winning mark but recent efforts disappointing. ItsThursdayAlready had promised to be a bit better than a 50's rated handicapper in his younger days but went the wrong way but returned to form recently with new yard havng been picked up cheaply and recent efforts over this course offer hope and drops back to 6f for first time on this surface and has looked as though a trule run 6f round here would suit better than the testing 7f, runs off same mark today having finished 3/4l in a course handicap over 7f last time out and must be there again. 0.5pt win Itsthursdayalready 3/1 bet365

Re: Flat Racing 9th Jan Sou 3.20 - Fred Willetts - win at 9/1 BOG with Wm Hill Going to take a chance on the horse who is currently (at 2.30 AM !...:unsure) the outsider of the field He won a 3 runner claimer over 7F here last week. It was a poor race but he was visually impressive, travelled well and pulled away in the straight It was noticable that day that his jockey took him to the outside and ran a bit wide all the way to avoid the kick back, which he had appeared not to handle on his preious run here. With only 6 runners the jock should be able to manouvre him to the outside again and with a few front runners in the field he should be able to settle and travel well off a decent pace. Hopefully you'll see him pulled out and scoot away in the straight ! I'm hoping that the return to 6F won't inconvenience him as there should be a decent pace on I think likely favourite, Even Stevens, can be taken on. He's showing signs now of a bit of temperament, as though he needs a break after several runs in a short period of time. Burst through the stalls a week or two ago and was withdrawn, then last time had to be pushed and hard ridden to chase Shostokovich after looking unruly in the stalls and being slowly away. He caught him on the line that day, but i get the impression he's on the verge of running a stinker. With all the inconsistancy of the southwell track I've started a new method of speed figs just for Southwell.........this is a try out. i have Fred Willets top rated followed by Shostokovich and Even Stevens. The other 3 haven't run here within the period I've done ratings for, so i hope they're not much good ! :hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.