2011 Heads Up Cash: Challenge Ended

GaF

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $92.07 from 350 Hands Fantastic results so far.. will look forward to seeing how you get on playing Nade and watching the videos. I think you really under estimate your play, so hopefully you will give a good account of yourself against Nade and it will be a great learning experience for the two of you :ok

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $92.07 from 350 Hands Cheers Aldric :ok

I think you really under estimate your play' date='[/quote'] In contrast, I'm convinced that most people on PL vastly overestimate my poker skills! ;)

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $277.22 from 742 Hands Managed to build up a little bit of a profit buffer for the losses Nade will take off me later in the week :moon :moon :moon :tongue2

02/03/2011 21:416.1%Month Completed
196.716.6%FPP Volume Completed
$277.2227.7%All In EV Profit Achieved
114.3%Education Completed

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $92.07 from 350 Hands

Cheers Aldric :ok In contrast, I'm convinced that most people on PL vastly overestimate my poker skills! ;)
Can we just assume that for once, the majority are correct and your wrong :eyes

Can we just assume that for once' date=' the majority are correct and your wrong :eyes[/quote'] Was just coming in to say in my video i described Gaf early on as a 'levelist' and your post Glc ties in with that. I've always known Gaf is a good player from lots of past experiences but having played HU for 300hands i'm now pretty certain Gaf self-deprecates for comfort but he 100% knows he's better than his created PL persona. He's extremely confident in his game and as a person.

Was just coming in to say in my video i described Gaf early on as a 'levelist' and your post Glc ties in with that.
I'm not entirely sure what that means :unsure
I've always known Gaf is a good player from lots of past experiences but having played HU for 300hands i'm now pretty certain Gaf self-deprecates for comfort but he 100% knows he's better than his created PL persona. He's extremely confident in his game and as a person.
It's strange, but I think you're so far off the mark in that. I absolutely genuinely 100% believe that my poker is [significantly] worse than most on PL believe. I could qualify that a little by saying that I believe the poker skills of most on PL [and indeed the wider poker world] are significantly worse than they believe - so maybe I'm "claiming superiority" in a way in knowing areas of my weaknesses, rather than fooling myself that they're not there :unsure (I feel that there's a Donald Rumsfeld quote in here somewhere :tongue2). As far as wider self confidence is concerned - I suppose it's similar. There are certain skills I've got which I view as "excellent" and where I have total confidence in my abilities. I do however have significant weaknesses where I know I'm pretty incompetent (dont we all?). Put them together, and if you knew me, you definitely wouldn't descirbe me as a "self confident" person. With regards to "self depreciating for comfort" - if there is any element to that, I would say it's for the total opposite reason than you describe - to lower expectations, because I couldn't possibly live up to my created persona on PL!! You're building my play up a bit here, but I got the impression from the other thread that you'd thought I'd played pretty badly. I just went back to get a quote from you to highlight that, but couldnt find something I was sure you said. Did you edit your comments? :unsure

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $277.22 from 742 Hands No i haven't edited anything, i said 2/3 times in that thread i played bad, not you. I said you did some things that i thought were strange to me but i said you owned me so they work. It's so obvious to me you're 100% confident in your game so i'm tired of your PL persona of 'poor me'. PL will have to trust me on that - i've played thousands upon thousands of players. You do seemingly have a mental block somewhere - i said to someone a couple of months ago you could beat 100nl+ if you wanted for years but just something was stopping you, you need to cure that thought process whatever it is. I'm not fussed if i lose, it's a format i don't play against a good player and there will be things to take from it.

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $277.22 from 742 Hands

No i haven't edited anything' date='[/quote'] Ok - fair enough - I must have misread it, sorry (not that I've a problem with you criticising my play if you want to ... indeed that's ultimately why I want to play you!!)

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $277.22 from 742 Hands

Ok - fair enough - I must have misread it' date=' sorry (not that I've a problem with you criticising my play if you want to ... indeed that's ultimately why I want to play you!!)[/quote'] Sure I had read something along the lines of what you suggested too

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $489.85 from 1,914 Hands Had a few days off after "recent events" - since coming back, I just cannot win a session! 2dui1bk.jpg I'm really struggling on my volume and Education goals for the month now - serious risk of not managing to hit either. I'll try and recover volume to an extent this weekend. For education, later in the month I might try and find other PLrs to play sessions against (session lengths unimportant - but I need 1200 hands total to reach my goal - doesnt all have to be against one opponent - only requirement is an exchange of hand history files afterwards)

12/03/2011 08:1736.6%Month Completed
492.8116.4%FPP Volume Completed
$489.8549.0%All In EV Profit Achieved
342.9%Education Completed
I have also been feeling pretty tired and drained the last few evenings when playing - so going to try a session NOW - expecting the opponents to be a bit tougher at this time of day, but hopefully this will be countered to an extent by me being far more awake and alert.

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $489.85 from 1,914 Hands

I have also been feeling pretty tired and drained the last few evenings when playing - so going to try a session NOW - expecting the opponents to be a bit tougher at this time of day' date= but hopefully this will be countered to an extent by me being far more awake and alert.
There definitely seems something in this..... 20110108starssummary.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $601.15 from 2,784 Hands Really struggling with volume and profit :sad

13/03/2011 21:4841.6%Month Completed
711.3023.7%FPP Volume Completed
$601.1560.1%All In EV Profit Achieved

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $601.15 from 2,784 Hands From a volume perspective, I think I need to average between 2.5 and 3 hours play per day for the rest of the month to reach my goal - average so far this month is just over an hours play a day!

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $481.83 from 3,389 Hands I'm behind schedule on all 3 objectives for the month :sad

16/03/2011 19:1051.0%Month Completed
875.3829.2%FPP Volume Completed
$481.8348.2%All In EV Profit Achieved
I'm actually tempted to try NL100 just to boost my FPPs - but chasing FPPs has to be the worst reason in the world to move up - and I'm not feeling particularly good about my game at the moment, so another reason not to - all in all, I'm confident I can resist the urge to "chase" my targets, but I'm not particularly confident I'll meet any of my goals, let alone all of them (though I'm not giving up just yet....)

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $261.74 from 3,769 Hands My games going from bad to worse :wall :wall :wall

16/03/2011 23:4651.6%Month Completed
1,040.0434.7%FPP Volume Completed
$261.7426.2%All In EV Profit Achieved

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $524.19 from 4,194 Hands A great session this evening, but that fails to disguise what a bad week its been overall :sad.

18/03/2011 23:0457.9%Month Completed
1,190.9539.7%FPP Volume Completed
$524.1952.4%All In EV Profit Achieved
20110108starssummary.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $647.81 from 4,824 Hands Managed to get some green on the board :) Hopefully I've turned the corner now! I have given up any hope of hitting my education target for the month. So I know I'll complete the month with my first Red :sad I am obviously hopeful that I'll hit the Profit target, but by no means a sure thing! The volume target, I think I am unlikely to hit :sad I havent given up on it totally though and will still strive for it.

20/03/2011 20:1464.0%Month Completed
1,351.2545.0%FPP Volume Completed
$647.8164.8%All In EV Profit Achieved

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $995.07 from 5,633 Hands A very successful evening (nearly 7 buy ins profit from 700 hands) leaves me a whisker away from achieving the monthly profit target :)

23/03/2011 00:1271.0%Month Completed
1,575.0352.5%FPP Volume Completed
$995.0799.5%All In EV Profit Achieved

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $995.07 from 5,633 Hands Well done so far GaF, impressive profit thats for sure. How many hands have you played for 1575 FPP? You must be about $2k up... I know you said that you had zero intentions of moving up, is that still the case?

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $995.07 from 5,633 Hands

How many hands have you played for 1575 FPP?
5,633 - the clue is in the title :tongue2
You must be about $2k up... I know you said that you had zero intentions of moving up' date=' is that still the case?[/quote'] Bankroll isn't my problem/worry - I just dont feel I know what I am/should be doing most of the time (which I Know is absurd given these results!!) I said I had zero intention of moving up, this month, as a panic response to being behind on my volume goal (and at the time, profit goal). That still stands. I find it probable that my next set of goals, for April, will include at least a dabble at a higher stakes. My overall results for the year, on HU, on Pokerstars at NL50 are: 20110108starssummary.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us Even I, with lack of confidence, wouldn't really attempt to argue with those results. I didn't really adjust - I think I've just got lucky in that my natural game is suited to it. I've never consistently beat 6max or Full Ring in the way I'm beating HU - wish I'd tried it properly sooner :tongue2

5' date='633 - the clue is in the title :tongue2[/quote'] Doh! :ok You certainly sound like you are still lacking in confidence which I just find incredible. This is the 3rd month in a row you have made a good profit, there has to be some skill there or everyone would be doing this :ok. You appear to be making more each month as you go as well, which indicates that you are also learning and the education is helping. Instead of moving up, how about a trial with 2 tables? You are used to playing more than 1 in other formats and I can't imagine that adding a table will have a significant impact on your results. Good luck for the rest of the month.

Instead of moving up, how about a trial with 2 tables? You are used to playing more than 1 in other formats and I can't imagine that adding a table will have a significant impact on your results.
Yes I was toying with that option. I havent tried it yet, so could be wrong, but the impression I have is that I will find it tough - my edge, I view, is in understanding my opponent, and then working out how best to counter the way that they are playing - so adjusting, and constantly readjusting. I feel that if I am playing 2 different opponents, then I wont be able to do that. Though I may still give it a try :ok (maybe I can give that one a try this month - to boost my volume ;) - if I can just build up a bit of a buffer first ;)). If I get my all in ev to 1200, then I might give it a try :ok

I might give HU a try. Shame they dont have them at lower stakes.
I believe iPoker does it at lower stakes (but at a prohibative level of rake that is all but unbeatable).

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $1,224.59 from 6,138 Hands I've cracked the $1200, so will give 2 tabling a go :hope Here are my stats before any multitabling.

25/03/2011 19:3880.1%Month Completed
1,729.2957.6%FPP Volume Completed
$1,224.59122.5%All In EV Profit Achieved
Should my all in ev fall below $1100, then I will immediately cease multitabling.