Fri 5.15 : Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Steeple Chase

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Fri 5.15 : Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Steeple Chase I believe even professional handicappers occassionaly get it wrong and for me an example of this would be Alan Kings OH CRICK. A decent novice hurdler who always looked like a chaser, progressed into just that culminating in winning this very race 2 yrs ago,albeit off a mark of 130 and carrying a mere 10-00lb,he confirmed his progression at Aintree when winning the Class 1 John Smith handicap off a revised mark of 139 the same season,few horses win at both Cheltenham and Aintree festivals in the same year. Oh Crick hasn"t won since and yet continued to rise in the ratings,up to an all time high of 160, a rating totally unwarranted.Thankfully he has now come down the ratings just as quickly as he went up them and he now runs off a mark of 145 and is just beginning to show a bit of form,he wont get back down to his last winning mark before the festival but i believe the horse is a geniune 140 chaser but will give him a big chance of a repeat victory off his current mark and have supported him to do so at 16/1.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.