BBOTD: 1st Jan 2011

RussP

Here goes, the first one of the new year:ok In the absence of any 'proper' AW racing, I'm making a very rare venture over the sticks. 15.20 Fakenham A bare 8 for this 3m handicap hurdle and, to me, there looks a few that won't be fully suited by the trip. One that will and is carrying the EW money of mine is Along Came Rosie. In its short career, had been campaigned exclusive at 2m/2m1f, including its reappearance when running a decent race in midfield. Stepped up to 2m4f nto at Newcastle and won well, staying on past beaten rivals. Everything points to this one appreciating a further 4f and off only 7lb higher, has every chance of going close today. I'll play it a bit safe and take the EW on offer here. Along Came Rosie, 0.5pts EW @ 8/1 William Hill BOG

Re: BBOTD: 1st Jan 2011 2.00 Cheltenham - Mr Thriller (5/1 Betfred) 1pt Win Looked to be going best of all when departing 2 out in a race won by Time For Rupert here, that one has come out and franked the form in no uncertain terms since. Can't have Medermit on his performances thus far over fences, Sway looks vastly under priced on what she has achieved so far and Hell's Bay and Reve De Sivola look held on the form of the Time For Rupert race. Bigger threat may be Henderson's Master Of The Hall who could potentially develop into a very smart chaser having had only one run over hurdles, but I think that if that fall hasn't dented Mr Thriller's confidence and he puts in a clear round today he should win.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.