Darts: BDO World Championship 2011

kevshat

Although the PDC version doesn't reach it's conclusion until Monday night, the BDO version begins on Saturday. I'm sure we'll get the usual comments about the standard but it needs to be remembered that the Grand Slam winner - the only tournament which sees PDC and BDO players combined - is in this event so it shouldn't be all bad. Same format as before. Best of 5 to begin with and increasing by a set each round until the best of 13 final on the 9th Jan. As always it's all live on the BBC although I believe there will be no Tony Green commentating this year as I understand he's suffering from throat cancer :sad.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2011 One outright for me. As always in this event I'm looking for a bit of value. 1pt ew R.Green to win BDO World Championship 40/1 William Hill (1/2 1,2) Robbie Green isn't a bad player on the BDO circuit. He's been runner up in the 2nd biggest event they have - they Winmau World Masters where he was 2nd to Wolfie in 2009. He's just reached the final of the Zuiderduin Masters which is also a big event in BDO world so he's not in too bad form. He's won a couple of opens this year and reached the final of a couple of others so all told he's had a pretty decent year on the BDO tour. 'Kong' has also played on the PDC circuit in the past too and made the quarter final of the UK Open in 2006 where he beat the likes of Chris Mason, Mark Walsh and Terry Jenkins along the way. That shows that he's very capable. He was a bit unlucky in this last year. He drew Tony O'Shea in the 1st round and that's not a draw you want. He went down in a 3-2 classic. This year he's got a nicer draw. Andy Boulton in the opener and then either Winstanley or Atkins before a potential quarter final with Hankey or Waites. Green's a player who is capable of sub 90 averages regularly and that should be good enough to take him a long way in this tournament. At 40/1 I'll pay to see just how far he goes.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.