Best races for EW betting

Trotter

Just thinking about this today and it occured to me that 5 runner races should be the best medium for EW betting......... 5 runners - 2 places - 40% of the field gets you a pay out 6 runners - 2 places - 33% 7 runners - 2 places - 28.57 8 runners - 3 places - 37.5% 9 runners - 3 places - 33% % falls down to 15 runners - 3 places - 20% then jumps up for hcaps - 16 runners - 4 places - 25% then falls again with each additional runner So not only is a 5 runner race the best % of the field ir's also a quarter odds ! I'd never normally think of backing EW in a 5 runner field ! I sometimes see an 8 runner field and think 'ooh, dead 8, must be an EW bet here' but you should be looking for the 'dead 5' which i never hear anyone say !

Re: Best races for EW betting Your calculations are right, Trotter, but I have to disagree with the 'dead 5' being the one to go for. In my opinion, it's the 16 runner races we should be going for. Yes, it's 40% to be placed BUT the prices are definitely reflective and you'll probably need to find the winner to actually break even in the race. Whilst in a 16 runner race, you can often rule out 8 of those straight away. Size doesn't equal competitiveness, in my opinion. So you're then left with 8 runners, with 4 places (50%), generally at much bigger prices.:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.