Can you make money in the long term by laying the bad horses? [Not the favourites!]

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum! I see all over the Internet articles about laying the favourite horses in order to make a living out of it, but NO ONE talks on the other way around. My question is what about laying horses with odds of 101.00 and similar? Take this one as an example: 20sejxu.png It's from today's 12:50pm race at Southwell. This horse finished last or among the last ones anyway. Now laying against a horse like this would give you a maximum of 0.5% of the money you're placing against this horse, so for example: £100 --> Laying this horse --> £50p profit £1,000 --> Laying this horse --> £5.00 profit It's very little but what if you do that for 200 times and even more? Then you break even and can keep on going forwards. The question is - do these horses ever win a race? Do you have any example for a race where horses with really huge odds did win the race?? (winning the race = finishing it 1st place) Cheers jumperabv3

Re: Can you make money in the long term by laying the bad horses? [Not the favourites Unfortunately they do occasionally win.......... One close to my heart was Sole Power winning this years Nunthorpe at 100/1 I think a horse won at Wolves at 100/1 a few weeks ago ? So yes, it does happen............

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.