King George VI Chase - Boxing Day

Looking through the entries, I can't really see anything to seriously trouble King Kauto. I'm going to rely on Planet of Sound either e/w at 16s, or 7/1 in the market w/o Kauto. He's relatively unexposed over the trip having run 3rd in the 2009 Arkle behind forpady, he won the Guinness Gold Cup at Punchestown in April this year stepped up to 3m+ for the first time. He finished ahead of What a Friend on his reappearance behind the Commander in the Betfair Chase and was staying on again after the last, I'm hoping that run puts him bang on for this. I'm not 100% convinced by any of the others. Long Run is still very inexperienced and still making a lot of mistakes but could get it right if lessons learned. Was Sizing Europe flattered at Down Royal? What's everyone else thinking?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: King George VI Chase - Boxing Day Reading today- Kempton snow covered - Although track officials bullish it will go ahead - I really hope it does .Looking at the race I am inclined to think that if a fit Kauto Star turns up - And I think he will P.Nicholls does get them fit.Then I honestly think he can do it again he loves the cours and is runing well.It would be nice to see him do the big one again.Fingers crossed it goes ahead.:hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.