BBOTD & LOTD 2011

Ok guys, as per usual I open up a thread for a general discussion about the competitions we have. As most will know we have tinkered with the rules over the last couple of years and its pretty much running smoothly nowadays, however if i dont ask your opinion I dont know if you think the same so heres your chance to air your views. We dropped the Super Nap and introduced early prices last year and i think both were correct decisions, we also increased the minimum number of bets to qualify for the prizes and again this is up for discussion. It still disappoints me a little that we get only half the field to post the minimum amount of bets, i know we get a lot of one hit wonders and i'm not sure if they even know they have entered a competition, thats life i suppose. We voted to keep prizes for first and second and again this is up for discussion. We introduced the Lay of the Day comp due to quite a few members requesting it and this has been a big disappointment to me to be honest. We get 10 at the most entering at one time and the guys will know that this figure is usually about 6 most of the time, this is simply not worth continuing with these numbers and unless someone can put up a good reason for keeping it then i'm thinking of stopping this at xmas, maybe just a Lay selections thread will suffice? Let me know your thoughts. Obviously any changes need to be made before the end of the month so i'll leave this thread open for a couple of weeks, if there is no interest or feedback then the BBOTD will stay the same and the LOTD will stop. These competitions are run for the members so its up to you guys to let me know if anything is stopping you from either entering it or enjoying it. I have ordered both trophies from the supplier, they havnt reached me as yet and when they do i'll post a pic of them for you, half the money was recieved in donations so thanks to those guys who contributed, I have donated the rest and the postage costs from the supplier and to the winners of both comps, at the moment the same person is winning both! Thanks guys for your support this year:ok

Re: BBOTD & LOTD 2011 Just a suggestion for The Lay Of The Day Thread BH... Instead of a monthly prize of a £10 free bet, it may interest a lot more people if you just did a yearly total with a £100 free bet at the end of it for the winner. This would really attract people into it, make them select lays regularly, i would suggest a minimum of 15 lays per month!! So my suggestion is scrap the monthly prize and make it a bigger prize of £100 that actually is more effective and costs less to the betting firm over the course of the year also, saves them £20 in free bets. Just a suggestion :D

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.