** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Security of Poker sites software

Haichan

I have just experienced a bizzare hack of one of my poker sites. Went to play the Las Vegas team Challenge last night on Circus poker. Had registered earlier in the day with no problem. On starting the tournament it appeared that the site was crashing. Cards were taking up to 20 secs to appear and by the time they arrived I was timed out. Tried to check with circus if their was a problem. Chat was unavailable to me and when I tried to telephone them, UK tele no answered and then immedietly disconnected me. This lead me to believe it was a circus problem. However after an hour of this problem and despite restarting the software, no improvement. All my other poker sites were working normarly and so was my internet connection. I even went to the extent of uninstalling the circus software and reinstalling. Still no change. In 2 hours I had managed to play 2 hands. Whilst I was still in the tournament I decided to give up but just before I did a message appeared in the chat window, the first message all night, quoting my circus password and telling me to call an overseas no. This appeared to confirm that the circus software had been hacked. I have the usual firewall, virus checker and spyware checkers but nothing turned up. I have today reformated my pc and reinstalled a clean operating system. The only software that appeared to have been compromised was circus. I have asked them for assurances that my account has not been compromised. I do finding it worrying that a hack could so easily obtain my password. Has anyone else had their poker software compromised in this way.

Re: Security of Poker sites software Just received this email today from Circus. Wonder if its linked to this?? Dear tomgc1009, Please be aware of a ‘scam email’ purporting to be from iPoker that is currently being sent to a handful of iPoker players. We do not believe that this has affected players from Circus Poker, however, we wanted to bring it to your attention in case you do receive one. The title of the email refers to a $1 Million Tournament, and the content invites you to click on a link and register for a $1 Million Tournament. The tournament and offer does not exist and iPoker have confirmed that they would never email a player directly with this type of offer. If you do receive such and email, please delete it. Regards The Circus Poker Team