Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series

Having edged a much more competitive test series than many had foreseen, India now host New Zealand in a 5 match ODI series. The series begins in the early hours of Sunday morning and as ever is live on Sky in the UK.

Sun Nov 28 03:00 GMT | 08:30 local 03:00 GMT 1st ODI - India v New Zealand Nehru Stadium, Guwahati 38.png 15 - 27° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Scattered Thunderstorms Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Wed Dec 1 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 09:00 GMT 2nd ODI - India v New Zealand Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur 32.png 11 - 23° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Sunny Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Sat Dec 4 03:30 GMT | 09:00 local 03:30 GMT 3rd ODI - India v New Zealand Reliance Stadium, Vadodara
N/A
Tue Dec 7 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 09:00 GMT 4th ODI - India v New Zealand M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore
N/A
Fri Dec 10 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 09:00 GMT 5th ODI - India v New Zealand MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai
N/A

Re: Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series Bit late posting for this series so apologies for that. One outright to begin with; 2pts ew - Yuvraj Singh top Indian batsman - 5/1 (1/5, 1,2,3) (Ladbrokes) Ladbrokes are offering each way terms for 3 places which make this an excellent bet to nothing in my opinion. India go into this series with a weakened squad missing key batsmen including Tendulkar, Sehwag and Dhoni therefore Yuvraj Singh becomes the experienced head in this young side. Not only is he an experienced ODI performer but on his day is arguably the finest in the world and despite him struggling with form and fitness lately, I fancy him to return to his best here with the world cup just around the corner. Yuvraj tends to struggle against mystery spinners and genuine quicks, neither of which NZ have which gives me added confidence that he can have a big series here. In addition there is a strong possibility that Suresh Raina will be rested for one or two games later in the series which in effect reduces the competition in this market by one. On the whole I like Yuvraj to do well in this series and top the charts with the added safety of getting my stake back if he ends up 2nd or 3rd.

Re: Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series And two player performance bets for the first ODI which starts in a few hours from now. 20pts per wicket, 10pts per catch, 1pt per run 3pts - Suresh Raina 38pts & over - 5/6 (bet365) Having said Raina may be rested for the last few matches, he will definitely play the first and given his poor showings in the test series he'll want a few big performances before he goes off to South Africa. He will most likely bat at 5 and he's proved to be an excellent performer for India playing any role the team requires. He can easily clear the ropes when required and scores at a quick tempo that will make this total of 38 look very small if he gets in. I think he'll also bowl his fair share of overs if India go into the match with 4 front line bowlers as expected and as we've seen, he has a happy knack of picking up wickets. He's an excellent fielder to boot so for such an all round cricketer I'm happy to be on the overs here. 3pts - R.Ashwin 30pts & over - 5/6 (bet365) For those of us who have followed the IPL, we've seen plenty of this guy and I'm sure he has a good future for India in the limited over formats. He's a tall off spinner who can spin it both ways and as we've seen he likes to attack and has a good wicket taking record. Some of these NZ batsmen such as McCullum and Taylor will have seen him enough to not be foxed by his carrom ball style delivery but nevertheless when batsmen are on the charge, and NZ will need to be at some stage in this match, he is a good bet to beat the batsmen on the outside edge. He is a handy lower order batsman too if required so a wicket and a few runs would do the business to land this bet.

Re: Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series One outright for me in the series. 2pts V.Kohli Top India Series Batsman 4/1 Paddy Power Virat Kohli is transforming into a very good one day international batsman and with the likes of Sehwag, Tendulkar and Dhoni missing from the India squad for this series, the Bangalore man looks set to bat at 3, which is a position I think he can score a lot of runs in. He's a very patient player even in this format but when the pedal needs pushing he can push it too. He's a superb player of spin and has shown in the past that he can bat long periods in ODI cricket. Suresh Raina and Yuvraj Singh are obviously massive dangers in this series but if he does bat at 3, Kohli will be in before both of them. Gautam Gambhir can never be ruled out but with the new pressures of captaincy on his shoulders in this series I'm happy to move a little bit down the order to the classy Kohli who I think will have a very good series here.

Re: Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series Slow start to the series for me. Will pick up the pace for the remaining matches. Good luck with those Westy :ok. 3pts S.Styris' Performance Pts - 31&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Scotty Styris' total looks a bit low here given that he's capable of scoring in all 3 facets of the game. The curator says this will be a wicket for the batsmen which is fine because that's Styris' main strength. However he's naggingly straight with the ball so if the batsmen do come at him, which they may need to do if this wicket is as good as the curator describes, then he may pick up a cheap wicket. Any wickets or catches will make this total even more achievable. Personally I think he'll cover it with the bat but given that he's a good fielder and a tight bowler even an average days sees this covered. A good one sees it battered so I'm on the overs here.

Re: Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series

3pts - Suresh Raina 38pts & over - 5/6 (bet365) Having said Raina may be rested for the last few matches, he will definitely play the first and given his poor showings in the test series he'll want a few big performances before he goes off to South Africa. He will most likely bat at 5 and he's proved to be an excellent performer for India playing any role the team requires. He can easily clear the ropes when required and scores at a quick tempo that will make this total of 38 look very small if he gets in. I think he'll also bowl his fair share of overs if India go into the match with 4 front line bowlers as expected and as we've seen, he has a happy knack of picking up wickets. He's an excellent fielder to boot so for such an all round cricketer I'm happy to be on the overs here.
I like this and will follow you with 3pts :hope

Re: Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series Ashwin came in with three wickets. Great call, his lines will shoot up for the next match. Raina got thirteen with the bat and took a catch but took no wickets so only returned 23 points. Styris similarly didn't come in either. Great shout on Kohli though. Great hundred!:clap

Re: Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series 3rd game overnight. Kohli and Gambhir look like they've made this a 2 horse race now. One bet for me. 7pts India vs New Zealand 3rd ODI - Over 6.5 6's 10/11 Paddy Power This line is lovely, especially in a day game where we haven't got to worry about heavy conditions and dew and any of that stuff. This ground at Vadodara isn't the biggest ground. Those of you with good memories will remember Harbhajan smoking a few over the ropes late on to bring India back from the dead against the Aussies in the last ODI on this ground only for India to fall just short of a 290+ total. There were 11 6's in that match. In fact, this total has been covered in all 5 ODI's here since 2001 and with both sides going ok with the bat so far in the series I would expect a high scoring game. New Zealand bring Brendon McCullum back in the side which is a boost for the bet in terms of his hitting potential and NZ's batting depth while India look set to push Yusuf Pathan up the order a bit. Suresh Raina being rested isn't an ideal thing but in McCullum, Guptill, Styris, Taylor and Mills for NZ and Vijay, Yuvraj, Kohli, Pathan and even Praveen for India there's enough hitting power on show here and on a small ground I like the overs at this line.

Re: Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series 2pts - Kyle Mills - 34 & Over @ 1.83 Okay so in the 1st ODI, he got three wickets and hit 32 with the bat. Impressive all round performance, especially for a number 10. In the last match he didnt fare that well. Well tbh, no-one did, Gautam Ghambir just wanted to destroy anything in his path. I feel however, that this isn't a bad line for an opening bowler. New Zealand need to win this to have any chance in this series so I expect them to at least try and have a bit of a go. Two wickets here and this is sorted. I don't think thats out of Kyle Mills reach. He hit 13 with the bat in the last match too so he's not completely useless. Might save me if he only bags one wicket.

Hi kev, what do you think of G.Gambhir 38 & Over for tomorrow's match? He made 38 runs in the first and 138 in the second...
68 in his only innings on this ground too. Nothing to put you off mate. I'm not one for someone who only has one scoring method when I take performances but that's just me. Certainly got form and history on side to take that though :ok.

Thanks Kev! Gambhir got easily to 38 runs, and he also got a wicket (runout) and a catch. By the way, do runout's count us a wicket in Bet365 performance bet's?
No mate, not that it mattered! From memory it's 1 run = 1pt , wicket (credited to bowler) = 20pts and catch = 10pts. Nothing for runouts.

Re: Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series That's correct. One six short in that last game was majorly annoying. Two for me in game 4. Hoping the one sided series continues. 5pts India -3.5 wickets/30.5 runs 5/6 Sportingbet India have completely dominated this series and have it wrapped up with two matches left to play. Nothing New Zealand have to offer with the ball seems to making even the slightest difference. In the last two matches they've barely managed to get past Virat Kohli at number 3. With the bat they are struggling big time for runs at the top of the innings. Maybe the return of McCullum to full fitness will help here but he lasted all of one ball in the 3rd ODI. Ross Taylor looks like a guy who is seriously short of runs at the minute which is another concern for New Zealand as he's their best ODI batsman. This is his home IPL ground though so maybe that will help him finally fire. I just think India are so superior in all facets of the game here and I can't see NZ keeping it tight unless they suddenly find some zip with the ball which doesn't look apparent to me. Bangladesh swept NZ 4-0 a month or two back and India are going the same way here. I think they win this and win it by enough to cover this handicap. 1pt ew Y.Pathan Top India Batsman 10/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Obviously the major down aspect of this bet is New Zealand's lack of wickets recently but Gautam Gambhir has hinted that Yusuf could move up the order here so NZ may only need 2 wickets to get him in. I think there will be enough in this wicket for them to pick up a couple of wickets. The good thing about this bet is while Pathan is at the crease nobody will be scoring quicker than the big hitting all rounder. Even if he bats down the order that will still be the case although obviously it will be hit and miss as to whether NZ take enough wickets to get him in. As I say though there should be enough in it and Gambhir has said he could bat up the order. Both of which means this 10/1 is a big price so I'm on each way accordingly.

Re: Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series Last ODI starts at 0900 GMT and I been reading a few previews of the final match. New Zealand have effectively been battered on this tour, they haven't won a single thing and to be honest I don't really know if they will. In the previous ODI New Zealand came hard and actually thought they were couldn't really blow a match where they scored 315/7 in the first innings, yet somehow they did and I think that will completely knock the stuffing out of them. I think that was their best chance of getting a result here and with them 4-0 down, I expect India to complete the whitewash. 2pts - Zaheer Khan (Player Performance) 30 & Over @ 5/6 I think this line is ever-so-slightly low. I'd say Zaheer Khan is a pretty good bowler and isn't completely useless with the bat. He will be given the new ball tomorow and only needs to take two wickets for this to come in (which he did in the 3rd ODI). The only major issue I have with this bet is the fact that Indias top-order are in such good form at the moment that they may not lose enough wickets for Khan to come in! Nevertheless 30pts is a low enough for me to take, I wouldn't have gone near this if it was near 40 but hopefully he does the business with the ball. 3pts - Highest Opening Partnership - India @ 4/6 India have taken this every single time and there seems to be nothing that can stop Gambhir and his opening partner score runs. Parthiv Patel will open with him in this match and will look to cement his place in the side ahead of the world cup with another confident performance with the bat after his 53 in the last match. Despite NZ putting up a fight in the last match with an opneing stand of 62, the rest of NZ's series opening stands have gone 32, 2 and 14. Not that brilliant. Another India win here for me. GL any punters :hope

Re: Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series Hi Guys. What do you think about: Fall of First Indian Wicket after 29.5 runs @1.83 in Will hill? In previous matches this has been the result: 1º ODI: 44 runs 2º ODI: 87 runs 3º ODI: 115 runs 4º ODI: 67 runs Tomorrow I hope Gambhir and Patel to start, and they are looking solid. I think is a good one but I would like to know ur opinion. GL!! :ok

Re: Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series One for me in the final game. 5pts India -3.5wickets/30.5runs 5/6 Sportingbet I expect a high scoring game on a ground which is pretty close to a batsman's paradise. That suits India down to the ground. Not only have they got batsmen in the better form but they've got better variety in their bowling attack to get round the excellence of the wicket for the batsmen. India have won matches in this series with their top order and won them with their middle order. I don't foresee New Zealand going much better with the bat than they did in Bangalore and really 315 never looked enough with their weak bowling attack. India haven't really fired as a batting lineup yet and you wouldn't think they would go all 5 matches without a solid innings from their entire top order. Generally on these high scoring grounds India have the advantage of knowing how to defend it and although I rate Vettori as a captain he doesn't have that knowledge up his sleeve. NZ have lost their last 8 ODI's, 4 in Bangladesh and 4 here so confidence can't be too high. I see this as another comfortable India win.

Re: Cricket: India vs New Zealand - ODI Series 2pts - Zaheer Khan (Player Performance) 30 & Over @ 5/6 3pts - Highest Opening Partnership - India @ 4/6 Zaheer Khan didnt even play. New Zealand set India an opening partnership of 1 run to win my second selection and Gautam Ghambir goes and gets a third ball duck :wall I am quite happy I paper trailed this series because I probably would've returned a massive loss. Good tipping Kev.